Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-21, 02:33 PM  
kat999

Opinions on Les Mills equipment?

I've been doing Jillian Michaels' Body Revolution but my set didn't come with a cable, and while I've been making do with Thera-Bands, I did actually break one, because they're not really designed for the kinds of moves she has you do with her cable. I looked into getting some off-brand version, but I saw in a FB ad that Les Mills has one, and it looks perfect. It's also almost $40, so I figured I'd ask here to see if people think it's worth it.

I will say, it's easy enough to do BR by subbing in dumbbells for what she has you use the cable for, but I'm a nerd and sometimes like to use as close to what is prescribed as possible.

This is the Les Mills device I'm considering: https://shop.lesmills.com/equipment/...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
Old 07-28-21, 03:55 PM  
T2B

You’re not missing anything by not having Jillian’s BR cable. It is too long, at least for me, plus you have to adjust it and it doesn’t stay adjusted and you can never get a good tension using it. I don’t like the handle either. I used weights while doing Body Rev.

As far as the Les Mills band, it looks similar to the one that came with the Peak Fit set. Maybe you can find a cheaper version. Or, if Les Mills is what you want, then go for it.

Just checked my Peak Fit set and I don’t think it’s similar. I like the looks of the Les Mills one though.

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-21, 10:33 PM  
hedygs
VF Supporter

I have always wanted the Les Mills bands after watching their use in the LM
workouts. Just have never bought because they are so pricey.
hedygs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-21, 10:35 AM  
kat999

Thanks for the comments! I have continued to hem and haw about the price, and I've decided to maybe just go to my local sporting goods store and try out some alternatives that would be on the cheaper side. I'm tempted by alternatives I see on Amazon, but I don't want to buy something and then have it snap after a few uses.

Tags
les mills, les mills equipment, les mills smartband, smartband