Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-29-21, 09:38 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Crone Cronies - Without Freedom of Speech, We Wouldn't Know Who the Idiots Are. 8/29

The Cronies is a place for women who are mature in age or attitude. The group is highly diverse in that we have ages ranging from 30s to 60s, some are moms, some are single, some are teachers/professors, and some have jobs and work outside the home and some don’t. We do our own thing and are happy when life doesn’t get in the way too often. Some are training for a marathon, some don’t even do vids, you get the picture.

Life and exercise are what we report. A thread is started every Sunday. Some report every day, others whenever they can.

Bottom line: we are a diverse group and very supportive of each other’s goals. Oh, and we’re funny as heck. If you’d like to join us, just come on down.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-21, 09:45 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I keep finding random quotes that I'm using for themes. I hope today's isn't too political. It made me laugh, and that's usually one of my main criteria. That and it being short enough...

I have a pickup at Publix in a little while. I figure I can pick up groceries with no contact. And I have a Zoom training session this afternoon.

Everyone have a good day.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 08-29-21, 11:54 AM  
sciencelady

Thank you for getting us started, Laura - your quotes are alway plenty funny .

I did my walk with Gus and Adelija. Now we're doing laundry and kind of taking an easy day - tomorrow will be lots of steps as we'll visit the state fair.

We had a good day working out at the FMSC charity. Adelija wants to do the meeting again on the 11th and go to their charity which is something with Native Americans (POW WOW) - I think her main interest is spending time with Max who I think she likes (from Ukraine) - we'll be going to the State Fair tomorrow and Max will be joining us also. I'll try to talk her out of the second meeting being offered on the 11th of September.

Paula, I don't mind doing the charity work every once in a while - we were late for their meeting, but all the parents had moved on, so they don't go on to the charity. I was the only non-staffer there.

Waves to all!

Anita
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-21, 09:17 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B's Body Shaping Day 13 Moderate Cardio Toning and a neighborhood walk with DH.

Today was grocery day.

Laura, thanks for getting us started - great theme (as usual) I got a good laugh from it too. Hope the zoom meeting went well.

Anita, Will you go to the Pow Wow with Adelija? I've heard they can be fun. Ah, so Adelija has a friend here from the Ukraine, that should make things easier for her here.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-21, 11:33 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

We were out of internet, but we're back! Going to the fair with Adelija. At least don't need to hang out with Adelija's Ukrainian friend there - he's going another day. Cancelled out on spades tonight. Hope to see some fun things at the fair! Gus walk went well.

Paula, the kids don't need to hit both meetings for them - she wants to go just to see her boy - hope that dulls down with a bit of time .

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 08-31-21, 07:51 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

I think yesterday was a new biggest step day - my phone recorded 24,260 steps! (I'm sure there's a few more around my house with the phone plugged in, not on me). Wow! I'm happy that I could do that after getting my new hip a year ago! Well we had fun seeing the fair - we didn't do some of the stunning rides that cost $35 apiece! We did see all the buildings though and all the displays in there. I was sad not to see some of my friends that used to perform there - no mini horses, no circus entertainment, sigh.

Today, I'll be taking Gus for a walk and getting a hair cut - I'll take Adelija with me to go to a mall across the street, and we'll stop for groceries on the way home.

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 08-31-21, 12:33 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Anita - My feet hurt when I read your step counts! Enjoy getting the haircut.

Yesterday, DH felt pretty lousy, and we were afraid he has COVID. Today, he feels better. Yesterday, I took a test and we're waiting to see if he's positive or not. Regardless, it's nice that he's doing better today.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 09-01-21, 07:41 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. I arrived safe and sound in North Carolina yesterday. Flights were uneventful. Talked with Laura this morning and we’re meeting tomorrow.

Anita, as Laura said, all those steps in one day made my feet hurt. Hope you had fun showing Adelija the mall.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-21, 08:52 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

It was a busy day. I took DH to his trigger point therapy session today and, while he was there, went to the chiropractor and called my friend who got married in California. It was great to catch up with him some. This afternoon, I went to the house of a new client in my area. She doesn't know about computers and has reached out to organizations like the Geek Squad and people she has found other ways for help, but they have set things up for her (sometimes the way she wants, sometimes not) and not trained her how to do things for herself. I'm going to change that. Today, we set up a Macbook Pro she bought last December, but never got set up the way she wanted. And I showed her how to use her scanner to scan the documents she needs to send to someone in the coming week. It was nice to leave her energized and excited.

Tomorrow, Paula, Paula's sister, and I will get together for coffee (or, in my case, chai latte) at a local coffee shop. I think it's pretty cool that this will be the second time Paula and I have gotten together in a month and a half after never having met before. It will be a while before it happens again, but I'm enjoying it while it lasts.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 09-02-21, 07:25 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

I must've forgotten to type yesterday or lost it on its way - sorry! Yesterday was a nice day - cooler weather! We went for a nice walk and then I ran some errands while she went to the mall. She bought a swimsuit, hopefully one that would work for swimming at her school pool.

Today will be a morning of Carcassonne, walk with a friend in addition to Adelija, and just putzing around. Overall nice day planned.

Laura, I'm glad you have the computer skills to help your friend learn how to use hers.

Paula, enjoy meeting Laura! Have a good time at the coffee shop!

Waves to all!

Anita