Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-24-20, 06:10 PM  
Bluebelle

Just FYI Youtube moved the autoplay button

I don't know if Youtube autoplay drives you crazy like me but I always turn it off. My autoplay button disappeared this week and all my Youtube videos have been switched to autoplay.

I had to search but finally found an autoplay button on the bottom of the video screen itself. It shows after any ads are finished once the video has started playing. It's over on the lower right hand side below the video. To the left of the settings icon.
Bluebelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-20, 07:44 PM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

Thank you! I hate autoplay also.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-20, 01:01 PM  
hypnomoon

That's interesting because mine hasn't moved. I use the autoplay on my PC to keep background music on along with pretty, for winter at the moment, scenes to play continuously like a screensaver.

Maybe it needs to be updated and now I won't!!
hypnomoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-20, 01:40 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Mine hasn't moved either. I turned off my autoplay several months ago and it's still off.
Old 12-26-20, 05:06 PM  
Bluebelle

That's weird. I'm using both Edge and Chrome and it's moved in both browsers. It took me a bit to find it. It was always over on the RH side up towards the top of the recommended videos.

I've got new search buttons in Youtube this week too. My entire Youtube has a bit of a refreshed look to it.
Old 01-06-21, 09:36 AM  
Vantreesta

I'm using Firefox on my laptop and can't find the autoplay button anywhere. I almost jumped out of my skin when I was on the forum the other day and someone started talking!

ETA: Okay, I don't understand this. I found it on one channel and it said autoplay was off. Why then does Lesley Fightmaster's channel play automatically and I can't find the autoplay button anywhere on her video??
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-21, 08:53 PM  
Bluebelle

I checked on my tablet and it's moved on there as well. Youtube did a little "looking for autoplay" when the video started and helpfully pointed out the new location of the button. The button appears after the ads play and the video starts. It's in the bar right below the video. Play, pause, etc is on the left. Autoplay, CC, settings etc is on the right.
Old 01-07-21, 05:50 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebelle View Post
I checked on my tablet and it's moved on there as well. Youtube did a little "looking for autoplay" when the video started and helpfully pointed out the new location of the button. The button appears after the ads play and the video starts. It's in the bar right below the video. Play, pause, etc is on the left. Autoplay, CC, settings etc is on the right.
Up until yesterday, my autoplay button was in the old place. Today however, I too have noticed that it was moved and I also got the little "looking for autoplay" and found it helpful.
Old 01-07-21, 10:23 AM  
Vantreesta

Maybe I need to use a browser other than Firefox. Yesterday I was watching some video and the autoplay button was there briefly and then disappeared, never to be found again. I tried again today to find it on Lesley's and it just is not there. There is no option for help with autoplay anywhere that I can find.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 01-29-21, 09:59 AM  
Vantreesta

Ugh, I'm frustrated again. I finally got autoplay turned off on my old computer but now on my new one I can't find it again (using Edge). The help says oh just switch the toggle button. Really?? Where is the stupid toggle button because it is not where it's claimed to be!!??

Tags
youtube help