Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-21, 07:30 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
LOL! Fair enough! I guess I'm just wondering if I am the geezer, I mean eldest here.
Is there no limit to the demands of royalty?

She must now hold the title of Senior Walutan?

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-21, 06:15 AM  
lavna

Hi everyone!

Quick check-in before starting to work!

bee: Thanks for the offer to send me the bands but I think I can get them here without the risk of having to pay import taxes. I saw some on Amazon and they were bout the same price as Cathe's but with free shipping.

ChelePA: I'm only interested in the Loops workout. I'm going to get the downloads as I get both for the same price of 1 download after the pre-sale is over.

On Tuesday, I was short on time so I did Perfect 30 UB. Yesterday, I did Live 233 LB Hiit with abs with the crazy-smiling woman!

Have a great day!
Nathalie
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-21, 06:16 AM  
lavna

lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-21, 07:07 AM  
ChelePA

So I placed my order for the Cathe Bands and Loops Bundle. I have a feeling I may be selling or donating much of my high impact stuff in the future so if this series doesn’t work out, I’m sure somebody will want it. I think Travel Fit and Slide & Glide might be nice additions to my collection. I’m going to keep my eyes on the lookout just in case somebody is selling them secondhand.

A road trip with you ladies would be awesome! Fingers crossed that someday I would be up for that challenge. Thanks for the recommendation about too lazy for gym. I knew her past history and love her blog. She actually made me rethink my definition of a challenging cardio workout. Especially after my broken foot that was probably due to overuse. Her frequent talk of using the mini trampoline to protect her own foot after her accident inspired me to start incorporating different types of cardio. The rebounder is definitely challenging with less impact on the joints. And we know Cathe’s low impact is tough stuff.

Enjoy your Fun Friday workouts!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-21, 10:33 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
how old are we? I feel like we are all in the same general ballpark. Old enough to get mixed up on what day it is and forget if we've told trivial stories.
bee - I think that I may have started the same thread on VF more than once over the years. Cuz I must have forgotten the answers.

kittybug - The server issues are frustrating and scary. Just when I finally find a check-in that is home, VF goes wonkier than ever. Have many Watulans joined the VF Roost on Tapatalk?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Is there no limit to the demands of royalty?

She must now hold the title of Senior Walutan?
FoLV - I've had worse titles on VF.

I'm just a "vintage" VFer and "baby" Watulan here.

Yesterday's workout was Slim Series: Cool It Off as the second to last workout of my rest week. I had to modify and substitute so much, I probably won't do it again.

I would do more trading/selling, but the advanced exerciser spouse does workout videos and likes some that I don't. (He's actually a better VFer than I. He always finishes any rotation he starts. Even if he doesn't like the instructor!)

Now, I have to think of a Fun Friday workout.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-21, 01:43 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hello my dear friends! I'm here! Well kind of. This week was SO busy!! I got my workouts in but not much time for anything else but work and running son and hubby to appointments! No rest for the wicked I guess. ;-)

Catching up....
Monday I did nothing but meditate. I was still celebrating 4th of July with my kids.

Tuesday: Les Mills on Demand Body Attack 110. Fun stuff!!!! I think this is one of my favorite types of floor cardio. Lisa always has so much energy. And although the impact isn't killer, I am always a sweaty mess when I'm done.
Yoga was from Poweryoga.com, Bryan and Open your Legs. Ahhh.

Wednesday: Cathe Live 348 PHA No Repeats. !!!! Good stuff! I love all her PHA workouts and this was quite good. Maybe slightly slower pace. Was very fun and she does a great job instructing all by herself. Glad her Live classes are back to normal though.
Yoga was PY.com again, Byron de Marse and Squat Flow. Nice! This had some of the most unique sequencing.

Thursday: LMOD Body Attack 111. Two brand new Attacks and all amazingly fun. I was drenched.
Yoga: Eoin Finn Blissology on Demand Stay Om Yoga. Ahhhhhhh, love me some Eoin. And yes I subscribed. Cancelled my Inner Dimension subscription though.

Today: Cathe Live 342 Metabolic Core. Awesome workout!!! No core like floor abs, but rather all moves that work around the core, front, side, back. Really excellent. Just wish it was a bit longer than 45 min. Maybe next time I'll just repeat some sets.
Yoga was Gaia, Cameron Gilley and Yin Yoga for Courage.

Sorry to post and run but I have to run in for yet another appointment to renew the tabs on my car. Busy days.

Take care all. BIG HUGS to everyone!! Have a wonderful weekend!!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-21, 01:44 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

p.s. I did preorder the whole Cathe set with bands and all. ;-)

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

Old 07-09-21, 01:46 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
Kate…went back to read posts about your son. Sending so much love and positive vibes as he moves forward with this new diagnosis. Hoping everything was caught super early and he needs minimal treatment to cure his cancer
Thank you so much. We have our first appointment at the Mayo Clinic on the 19th.

I'm SO glad you are doing ok!! Take care of yourself!!

Old 07-09-21, 06:49 PM  
Mickey12

Alta I will answer your question even if no one else will. I am 56. If I recall, Kate is 58? I could be wrong on that. I think a lot of us are around a similar age range.
Old 07-09-21, 07:46 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Happy Fun Friday!! I did Kat's step hiit with manleym and kittybug (in theory). kittybug I do not know how you are doing these tough workouts with back spasms and the like! I really enjoyed that workout! At first I wasn't sure, but in the end, yep, it was a winner. Chele, funny that you comment about Cathe's low impact because I was thinking about that during Kat's workout. She was sort of in between low and high, I'd say, but in some ways it seemed less intense than Cathe to me.

Linda..... your ribbing VV is funny. Because Kim fessed up, I will too.... I'm 59. But in my head I'm 30-ish.

Oh, Vintage, I forgot that your DH is a big vidiot, too -- that is so cool! My husband would never dream of doing video workouts so I am envious.

Kate, so nice to "see" you. I love the sound of those CLs you did! PHA no repeat for the win!! I hope all goes well at your son's Mayo appointment!

lavna, sounds like you have a good solution for the new Cathe workouts. Excellent!

Oh, kittybug, yes..... lots of error messages! I'm nervous, too, but I figure if it all explodes, Linda will figure out how to get us all together again. Right, Linda?

Tags
watulan check-in