Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-28-19, 10:58 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Question What does Melt Method do for you?

I have most of the MM workouts and Sue's book. I enjoy the workouts and they are relaxing. But, I'm not quite sure what the are supposed to do. Many years ago, I took a MM class with Sue at a fitness convention. She was a rather intense person.

I'm sure the technique is beneficial. Is it as miraculous as the claims? What changes or benefits have you noticed after doing it over time?

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-19, 04:19 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

It had not be miraculous for me however, I have found that a short practice each night helps with aches and pains. It's more I notice when I don't do it than I notice something amazing when I do. Sometime I'd like to actually do a full melt map and see if 2x week helped more than doing a short segment each night. I've got the short practices memorized so it's just a few minutes.
eventmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-19, 12:28 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eventmom View Post
It had not be miraculous for me however, I have found that a short practice each night helps with aches and pains. It's more I notice when I don't do it than I notice something amazing when I do. Sometime I'd like to actually do a full melt map and see if 2x week helped more than doing a short segment each night. I've got the short practices memorized so it's just a few minutes.
Do you do all the "Rest-Assess" bits? I tend to want to skip those.

POSTURE CHECK!
Old 05-29-19, 01:37 PM  
Lannette

Hi Alta,

I haven’t done a full Melt session in a long time but I do my own foot and hand sessions from memory at least weekly.

The rest-assess stuff is where I feel a difference if I do a full session. I’m not sure about skipping it but maybe try it both ways and see if it makes a difference for your body.

I’m not sure why I have little patience for the full sessions done with the dvd but I’m much more likely to do a short session from memory. That’s out of character for me because I have no issues with 60-90 minutes of Yin or holding Egoscue e-Cises for long periods of time. For that reason I do think it’s something about the dvd and the way it flows.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-19, 01:40 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

I tried the DVDs and couldn't tolerate all the cutesy terms, also how long everything took.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-19, 02:28 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

I LOVE Melt! I really feel a difference when I do it a few times a week. I just feel better, and I always do the rest assess. I feel markedly different after I melt than before. Yes, it can be time consuming, but I don't always follow the DVD. I agree that the DVDs can make it too long to stick with because there is some talking and too long transitions between moves. I remember most of the segments well enough to do them on my own, but I do pull out the DVDs from time to time because sometimes I forget aspects of it.

I definitely feel like Melt was totally worth the investment, both in money and time. For me, it has been a game changer.
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-19, 04:24 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
Do you do all the "Rest-Assess" bits? I tend to want to skip those.
In her book book, Sue explains that they are important. I can't remember her exact explanation but basically it's a way for your body to connect/reassess after the treatment. I do not take nearly as long as she does to do those things when I work from memory. The dvds are really meant for teaching the technique rather than as follow alongs.
eventmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-19, 04:50 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by monterey vidiot View Post
I tried the DVDs and couldn't tolerate all the cutesy terms, also how long everything took.
+1

I get better relief/results from other things...CS/Ess, YTU, Lee Holden.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-19, 10:12 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by monterey vidiot View Post
Yes, the terminology is a bit much.

POSTURE CHECK!
Old 05-30-19, 11:28 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

I mainly used Melt Method (ball kit) when I had plantar fasciitis and it was something I did pretty routinely. I would sometimes use the foam roller after running (before that) but I've never been very regular with foam rolling. It did help alleviate some of the pain and soreness in the muscles (hips/legs) and with tightness and improved flexibility (feet.) I also used other things for PF (massage stick roller) but liked using the rubber balls. I also have arthritis in my left wrist so will use for hands, too!

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
melt method, sue hitzmann