Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-24-20, 06:52 AM  
annette
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzannaerin View Post
Governor in my state shut down all non essential businesses yesterday afternoon.
Same in Ohio.

I work for an Italian based company. My co-workers there have been working from home the last 3 weeks or so but this week they've been told to not work at all. Of course, production is shut down. Here in the US we were told to work from home beginning last week until April 6. Considering now the Italian WFH people are being told not to work I think we'll be next. Not sure what that will mean regarding pay. One day at a time. Hold tight everyone and try to stay positive. Hugs to all.
annette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-20, 04:35 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Beware of scams! Don't buy a "cure" or "test" from some stranger who calls, texts or emails you, and no, Netflix is not giving away 5 free months if you share or click on a link.

https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/feature...what-ftc-doing

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-20, 01:53 AM  
suzannaerin

Who knew that people would be hoarding yogurt, along with TP? I bought a yogurt maker this week because I couldn’t get my favorite brand, but now will have to order starter because there is no blessed yogurt in the store. Insane!
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-20, 05:03 AM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzannaerin View Post
Who knew that people would be hoarding yogurt, along with TP? I bought a yogurt maker this week because I couldn’t get my favorite brand, but now will have to order starter because there is no blessed yogurt in the store. Insane!
It's crazy the things that are gone - our favorite yogurt, Listerene, string cheese, my favorite diet soda, band aids, bread, brown rice....

I've had several intestinal surgeries and eggs are one of the few foods I tolerate well. I eat them every day and am running out and can't find them anywhere.

I'm fortunate that my three older sons are out of the house now and we are down to three people living here. What are people with large families doing? Even if the stores have stock, there are strict limits. I don't know what I'll do if they come home for Easter.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-20, 11:32 AM  
Dontmindthemess

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
I was going to try to make some of that no knead bread that's been popping up in my feed, but I have no yeast and I can't find any online. Maybe we should start a thread of recipes with quarantine substitutions.
This flatbread popped up on my feed today. I really love King Arthur Flour recipes. I did their Crispy Cheesy Pan Pizza the other day and it was probably one of the best pizzas I’ve ever made. I have a whole jar of yeast (it was definitely something I worried about) but I’ve never done flatbread before and it looked good. Now would also be a great time to make your own starter!

Jane
Dontmindthemess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-20, 11:44 AM  
frogribbit
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
It's crazy the things that are gone - our favorite yogurt, Listerene, string cheese, my favorite diet soda, band aids, bread, brown rice....

I've had several intestinal surgeries and eggs are one of the few foods I tolerate well. I eat them every day and am running out and can't find them anywhere.

I'm fortunate that my three older sons are out of the house now and we are down to three people living here. What are people with large families doing? Even if the stores have stock, there are strict limits. I don't know what I'll do if they come home for Easter.

Erica
Not sure where you live but would there be farmers around you or people raising chickens where you could get some fresh eggs.
frogribbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-20, 11:53 AM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogribbit View Post
Not sure where you live but would there be farmers around you or people raising chickens where you could get some fresh eggs.
I think that will be an option if I can't find them in the store. Lots of people raise chickens here.

Erica
Old 03-25-20, 12:15 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
I think that will be an option if I can't find them in the store. Lots of people raise chickens here.

Erica
Our regular store had no eggs today, but I was told that the natural foods grocery had them.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-20, 12:52 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post
Our regular store had no eggs today, but I was told that the natural foods grocery had them.

Carol
Thanks! We live in a semi-rural area so no natural foods grocery stores. I'll have better luck looking for people with chickens. We also have a large Amish community, but they have not been careful with isolating at all (church services, large gatherings, etc.) so I'm uncomfortable going to them.

Erica
Old 03-25-20, 01:11 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Oh wow! I hope they don't pay for that behavior.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19, introverts, price gouging, social distancing