Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-17, 03:55 PM  
Jeanne Marie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie's Auntie View Post
If it's any consolation, I've read in several different places that you don't need to force yourself to drink water. The thirst mechanism is sufficient. And drinking when you really don't want it could actually be counter-productive (by throwing off electrolyte balance.)
I've learned this as well, but trust me, this is not the case for me. I sweat massively 2 to 3 times a day. If I don't drink lots of water, I get the classic signs of dehydration. I can tell it with my skin drying out, my lips get cracked, I wake up at night thirsty, my urine is concentrated (sorry if TMI)... all signs I need lots of water. Probably more than I already drink.
Old 02-06-17, 05:11 PM  
lizh

My current fitness goal is to get back to my morning exercise routine. I've slipped since about November and I get back for a day or two and then lose it again. Ugh!

My plan is to do 30 minutes before work - Jessica Smith, The Firm, Fe Fit etc. One day at a time!
liz
lizh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-17, 07:57 PM  
videofit

Want to cut back on sugar and lose the five pounds I gained over the holidays. Harder than usual this year because I'm a stress eater and a lot of silly things have been stressing me! .
Old 02-06-17, 08:48 PM  
Kitten

I'm working on my flexibility & trying to put on a little weight.

Crazy work hours over the holidays meant no time to exercise or eat.

I'd like those 5 lbs of muscle back, please.
Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-17, 09:03 PM  
YetAnotherDeb

In short, I want to stop feeling old. I'm only 57, but things don't work like they used to and I don't like it one bit. I want to be flexible, without aches and pains, and able to move and lift without thinking about whether or not I can do it.

My current job, which I hate, doesn't help with these goals and that may be why they're in the forefront of my mind.

-------
YADeb
YetAnotherDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-17, 08:47 AM  
Demeris

I want to get back the energy, verve, and get up and go I had before menopause.

And I want to do it without medication.

My diet is almost perfect. My sleep has improved profoundly. Now I want the endurance and strength I had 6 years ago.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-17, 11:23 AM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanne Marie View Post
I've learned this as well, but trust me, this is not the case for me. I sweat massively 2 to 3 times a day. If I don't drink lots of water, I get the classic signs of dehydration. I can tell it with my skin drying out, my lips get cracked, I wake up at night thirsty, my urine is concentrated (sorry if TMI)... all signs I need lots of water. Probably more than I already drink.
Our bodies tell us one way or another, don't they?!
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-17, 12:25 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

With exercise I want to "keep up the good work," I'm enjoying what I'm doing already and I think it's good for me. Come this spring/summer, I would love to get outdoors more, I sort of let the whole warm season slip by me last year (to my credit life was incredibly hectic and there just wasn't time).

I am trying to "take it easy" in the sense of prioritizing relaxation and counteracting a sense of anxiety that I often feel. The more I remember that it is okay, and to breathe and feel relaxed, the better I feel.

With diet I've been on and off of a really nutritious, vegetable intense diet and I always feel SO GREAT while I'm full of nutrients and not full of junk food, then I fall off the wagon for days on end. I am several days back into my nutrition utopia and I feel so great physically and emotionally, and I'd like to keep it that way. I've prepared all my meals for the week and just need to stay focused and not stress out if something unexpected happens, and not let one slip up derail me for the whole day or days in a row.
Old 02-07-17, 04:24 PM  
zippity

My fitness goal this year is to actually use the set of adjustable weights I got for Christmas.
Old 02-08-17, 12:43 PM  
buffmama

Body awareness and alignment are always on my mind

Tags
fitness goals, health goals