Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-27-21, 07:20 PM  
muggle

Quote:
Originally Posted by schoolgirl-01 View Post
i buy them to support the online sites that still sell dvds and to support the fitness professionals who still makes dvds.
Absolutely!!!! Me too!!!
muggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-21, 07:31 PM  
Vantreesta

Definitely!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-21, 07:49 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Thank you all for the replies, glad to know I am not alone! I thought some people just downloaded the workout from YouTube to not buy the DVD.

I would say... as Bubbles, yes, sometimes. It depends of the workout. I know, I have bookmarked some workouts, to find later they have been removed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
yes. recent purchases:

Gin Miller: Step Reebok The Video DVD
Denise Austin: Totally Firm DVD

sometimes videos are removed from youtube. i think that's the driving concern.

AsSweetAsSugar - which ones have you purchased?
I recently bought Kathy Smith Step workout, I watched it online, and I liked the look of it, so I got an used copy. And, Josée Lavigueur (a local instructor) old compilation of three workouts: Le Step, Plus ferme que jamais, et La santé par l'étirement.

I was also interested in Gin Miller Step Reebok The Video! But, it is out of stock now.

I recently tried a Kathy Smith walk workout that uses soft hand weights, she posted it online herself, I liked it so much that I wanted the DVD, but I found it pricey at amazon.ca for a 30 minute workout. I would buy if I could find it cheaper.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-21, 08:05 PM  
carly

I will buy depending on the video. If a workout is available on YouTube I download it to my desktop computer because 1) my internet is often too slow to stream the video and 2) it might disappear on YouTube. I buy the video because 1) I really like the workout, 2) the DVD provides a higher resolution than the streaming copy (l view my workouts on a 46" screen) or 3) the DVD offers music off options, mix options, etc.
carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-21, 09:19 PM  
jusca

I do. Youtube has too many interrupting ads. I cant block them on Roku. Sometimes my connection goes down too. Dvds are mostly hassle free so I stick to them.
jusca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-21, 09:20 PM  
jusca

Quote:
Originally Posted by carly View Post
I will buy depending on the video. If a workout is available on YouTube I download it to my desktop computer because 1) my internet is often too slow to stream the video and 2) it might disappear on YouTube. I buy the video because 1) I really like the workout, 2) the DVD provides a higher resolution than the streaming copy (l view my workouts on a 46" screen) or 3) the DVD offers music off options, mix options, etc.
+1! quality can be better with dvd
jusca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-21, 10:02 PM  
moonbeam31

The ones I want are never fully on YouTube! So, yeah!
moonbeam31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-21, 05:03 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post
I was also interested in Gin Miller Step Reebok The Video! But, it is out of stock now.
Mary had a used one for ~$25 a week or so ago. i thought i'd just do a "save search" on ebay, and when it pinged me 2 days ago, i bought it for less than $10 shipped.

her circuit challenge is another one that comes and goes, and most recently, i saw it on Amazon for a really good price, so rather than wait, i picked it up. that's what happened with Step Reebok the video - the DVD prices were very inexpensive at one point, so i just put it off. bad idea. they're very scarce now.

another seller is selling one but it excludes the case.

as for the Denise one - other than streaming it from Amazon, the only place you can buy the DVD is from BestBuy.com. i bought it backordered and they recently shipped it out.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-21, 07:18 AM  
bethellen

I only use dvds. I don't think I'll ever switch to streaming for workouts.
bethellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-21, 07:57 AM  
Izzy

Yes, no matter what, you own that DVD. You do not own the material on Youtube, websites or streaming. Those can go away at anytime. If I really like something, I want to own it.

Tags
dvds vs streaming, rejuvenation kit, workout dvd on youtube