Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-29-20, 02:06 PM  
Susan H
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgun3 View Post
There was a clip of this video on Jesse Watters last night and this Dr David Price was talking about the virus and how NOT to get it. I will add a couple clips because if you are like me you may not want to watch a really long one but some want more information.

Jesse Watters short clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPHLnTyOaFo (6 min video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxyH1rkuLaw (50min video)
Thanks, I shared both.

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" —Thomas Edison

“Just because you’re not sick doesn’t mean you’re healthy.” — Author Unknown
Susan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-20, 03:32 PM  
pgun3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan H View Post
Thanks, I shared both.
your welcome
pgun3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-20, 09:55 PM  
fanofladyvols

The workout anytime gym ( which appears to be a franchise) that is near me has their entire contents on Craigslist..they aren't renewing their lease. Wow.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-20, 01:26 AM  
Erica H.

Well, I guess I'll keep venting...

lost our power for 12 1/2 hours. Generator wouldn't work so we lost all the food in our fridge. Now we get to risk our health trying to restock the food that was in there - most items are out of stock or have strict limits. Eggs, almond milk, regular milk, Greek yogurt, cheese (string, shredded, slices, blocks). We had four pounds of chicken marinating in there to make for dinner, too. I'm a vegetarian with dietary restrictions and eggs are one of the few healthy foods I can tolerate. I eat them every day and now I have zero.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-20, 09:07 AM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post

lost our power for 12 1/2 hours. Generator wouldn't work so we lost all the food in our fridge. Now we get to risk our health trying to restock the food that was in there - most items are out of stock or have strict limits. Eggs, almond milk, regular milk, Greek yogurt, cheese (string, shredded, slices, blocks). We had four pounds of chicken marinating in there to make for dinner, too. I'm a vegetarian with dietary restrictions and eggs are one of the few healthy foods I can tolerate. I eat them every day and now I have zero.

Erica
Oh that is awful Erica! I've been through a fridge dying and losing everything. I couldn't imagine trying to restock with grocery stores the way the are now. Good luck finding everything you need!
Old 03-30-20, 09:12 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:

Erica
Oh, Erica I am so sorry! That is terrible! I wish I lived near you so I could help.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-20, 09:21 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:

Erica
I wish I lived near you too...I'd share what I have. This is terrible!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-20, 09:36 AM  
LAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgun3 View Post
There was a clip of this video on Jesse Watters last night and this Dr David Price was talking about the virus and how NOT to get it. I will add a couple clips because if you are like me you may not want to watch a really long one but some want more information.

Jesse Watters short clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPHLnTyOaFo (6 min video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxyH1rkuLaw (50min video)
The doctor in the clip is saying you can only get it by having it on your hands and then touching your face (nose, mouth, eyes).

However, I read this article today about 45 people from a 60 member choir group getting it after a rehearsal. So I'll take Dr. Price's thoughts on the matter with a grain of salt for the time being...
https://www.yahoo.com/news/choir-dec...023414705.html
LAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-20, 09:51 AM  
LAC

Quote:

Erica
I'm so, so sorry for what you are going through. I think I would be in my yard screaming in frustration if my generator failed. Its whole purpose is to serve you in an emergency.

Can you restock by having your groceries delivered instead of going into the store? I just placed an order online through the local branch of a chain grocery store, with insta cart delivery. Somebody should be dropping it off at our door tomorrow night between 8 - 9 p.m. I'm thinking I probably won't get everything I ordered, depending on what is/isn't in stock, but we'll see what happens.
LAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-20, 10:59 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAC View Post
Can you restock by having your groceries delivered instead of going into the store? I just placed an order online through the local branch of a chain grocery store, with insta cart delivery. Somebody should be dropping it off at our door tomorrow night between 8 - 9 p.m. I'm thinking I probably won't get everything I ordered, depending on what is/isn't in stock, but we'll see what happens.
I had a grocery delivery a couple of weeks ago using Instacart and it was a great experience. If they don't have the item you want, you can list what you would want as a substitute. If the shopper can't find either, they let you know and you can accept or reject whatever they can find. All the substitutions my shopper found were fine and some were even better than what I wanted, so I discovered some new items!

Since they are so backed up right now, you may have to wait days or even a week or so. This probably depends on where you live and since I live in a densely populated area, the wait times can be long, but you just have to plan ahead and anticipate what you will be out of a week into the future. I think it's a great service. I have NO desire to shop in stores right now and haven't been to one in 3 weeks.

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19, introverts, price gouging, social distancing