Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-28-19, 11:10 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Red face I've slowed down, but the workouts haven't!

DH did Charles Harris' "Super Chizel It" (2003) yesterday. Talk about vintage. (Not my DH - the workout!)

I got the urge to do a step workout. I rarely do step anymore, so I pulled out my old favorite, Kathy Smith's "Great Buns & Thighs" (1993). I had to laugh during the warm-up. It seemed like the workout was on fast-forward. Err, it took me a while to get up to speed.

We did a lot of hiking on our vacation, so the cardio part wasn't the problem. I think it was from doing so much mindless Leslie (which I love!)

I may have to work back up to another old favorite, the FIRM's "Cardio Step Mix."

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-19, 01:36 PM  
Jennifer P.
VF Supporter

I still do a 10" step workout once a week, & my perception of the bpm speed is all over the place from week to week. One week a workout will be fine, a few weeks later it's too fast! So, I understand totally about your situation. I think I actually do better with workouts that have substantial choreography (hard to find with mostly 80's step workouts) because the workouts flow better than something that seems like stop & go in comparison.

Let's keep this beautiful planet & all its wonderful creatures alive!
Jennifer P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-19, 02:11 PM  
Taiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
DH did Charles Harris' "Super Chizel It" (2003) yesterday. Talk about vintage. (Not my DH - the workout!)
I just pulled Chizel It out of my vintage box for this week's line-up. I remember thinking that probably nobody in the free world still does this one lol

I love my vintage workout box. I went out of the way years ago to collect some of the old, oddball, tried & true and downright strange workouts. A few really clicked---one of my all time favorites is "No Sweat" with Lyle Alzado. Phenomenal rebounder workout!!

ETA: Red alert---very high cheese factor
Old 05-29-19, 12:16 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiga View Post
I just pulled Chizel It out of my vintage box for this week's line-up. I remember thinking that probably nobody in the free world still does this one lol

I love my vintage workout box. I went out of the way years ago to collect some of the old, oddball, tried & true and downright strange workouts. A few really clicked---one of my all time favorites is "No Sweat" with Lyle Alzado. Phenomenal rebounder workout!!

ETA: Red alert---very high cheese factor
I like the original Chizel It. I even like the monotonous, yet motivating music. I didn't like his follow up, Super Chizel It.

POSTURE CHECK!
Old 05-30-19, 09:38 AM  
angie_nrs

I laughed when I read your thread title. I'm feeling the same way lately. I'm doing P90X again and I'm wondering if I'm gonna get through it. I'm on a "rest" week and I woke up this morning dealing with a sore and tight back when I did Yoga X yesterday. WTH?? I went mushroom hunting in the woods for a couple of hours too, so maybe that's it? I don't know.....but the workouts I used to just fly through certainly create much more of a challenge now than what they did before. The thought of having DOMS doesn't have the appeal that it used to.
Old 05-30-19, 10:13 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by angie_nrs View Post
I laughed when I read your thread title. I'm feeling the same way lately. I'm doing P90X again and I'm wondering if I'm gonna get through it. I'm on a "rest" week and I woke up this morning dealing with a sore and tight back when I did Yoga X yesterday. WTH?? I went mushroom hunting in the woods for a couple of hours too, so maybe that's it? I don't know.....but the workouts I used to just fly through certainly create much more of a challenge now than what they did before. The thought of having DOMS doesn't have the appeal that it used to.
I admire anyone who can get all the way through Yoga X! I never even tried.

POSTURE CHECK!
Old 05-30-19, 03:10 PM  
angie_nrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
I admire anyone who can get all the way through Yoga X! I never even tried.

LOL! It's a feeling of accomplishment when it's over for sure since it does come with a certain amount of dread due to the length of it. I'm still determined to get it done though. Maybe later I'll split it in two segments. I've done that before.

I've noticed as I've gotten older some of those moves are getting more and more difficult to pull off. Crow and Wheel come to mind. I modify Crow and don't do the full minute on Wheel. And, thus far, I have NOT opted to do the push ups in between the vinyasa's and down dog. And even though Tony prefers that I be off my knees for the vinyasas......that's just not happening (yet). Although, I have made some huge balance strides since I started, so I am very happy about that. My balance postures were all over the place a few weeks ago.....now, much better.

Tags
step, step aerobics