Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-03-22, 12:44 PM  
Gemini2874
VF Supporter

Which Firm workouts just use weights?

Can anyone please tell me which Firm workouts only use weights with no other equipment such as short/tall box, wave, etc? I know Classics Volume 1 and 2 and Cardio Sculpt Fusion. Anything else?
Gemini2874 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-22, 01:33 PM  
bubbles76

That's tricky. The short box is kind of a Firm staple. Are you looking for only classics or Bensen era or are the pinks an option? 2Lazy4TheGym has these Firm workouts as ones that don't use equipment:
  • Total Body Light
  • Power Half Hour
  • Total Body Time Crunch
  • Pump Jump N’ Jab
  • Tight Buns & Killer Legs
  • Hard Core Fusion
  • Hi-Def Sculpt
  • 500 Calorie Workout
  • Cardio Overdrive
  • Get Chisel’d
  • The Firm Express
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-22, 01:55 PM  
Gemini2874
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
That's tricky. The short box is kind of a Firm staple. Are you looking for only classics or Bensen era or are the pinks an option? 2Lazy4TheGym has these Firm workouts as ones that don't use equipment:
  • Total Body Light
  • Power Half Hour
  • Total Body Time Crunch
  • Pump Jump N’ Jab
  • Tight Buns & Killer Legs
  • Hard Core Fusion
  • Hi-Def Sculpt
  • 500 Calorie Workout
  • Cardio Overdrive
  • Get Chisel’d
  • The Firm Express
Thanks, Bubbles! That was exactly what I was looking for! I have workout ADD and constantly seem to change my "current" fascination with a particular program or instructor. I've swung back to the Firm and was looking to add to my 6 classics plus basics sculpting with weights. I also bought cardio fusion sculpt. I have to protect my knees so I can't be doing 3 or 4 times a week of short/tall box work. This is perfect! Thank you!
Old 03-03-22, 03:07 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

you can always do step moves on a flat floor (exclude the step) or use just the step topper in place of tall box.

reason is that there are some really good Firm weight workouts that use very little short/tall box:

Vol 6
Maximum Body Sculpting
Firm Cardio (this was later classified as a Tortoise)
Firm Strength
Standing Legs

step/box free workouts:
Sculpted Buns Hips & Thighs (Tracie)
Lower Body Sculpting (parts tape with host Kathy Derry)
Sculpted Buns

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-22, 04:43 PM  
Gemini2874
VF Supporter

Ok, thanks. Sorry. I had a change of heart after trying another new Firm workout.

I tried Cardio Fusion Sculpt yesterday and hated it. Put in Volume 6.

I tried BSS Cardio Sculpt today. Hated it. Put in Volume 1 and had to modify way too much.

These new Firms are very fast paced with complicated choreography. No thank you. The old Firms (except 6) are too much for my knees.

I’m leaving volume 6 in my rotation but going back to primarily Jessica workouts with Ellen sprinkled in. Maybe some Jane Fonda. What a bummer.
Old 03-05-22, 02:13 PM  
Gemini2874
VF Supporter

I lied! Got a new half step for my Jessica smith workout but instead did volume 4! I use to hate this one but I really enjoyed it today!
Old 03-05-22, 02:19 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Gem, i did all of my firms when I was pregnant but just used my step co. step topper since it was nice and low and wide. the parts videos were also in my rotation.

sometimes, when i get knee pain, i do workouts that strengthen and build my knees. the muscles around it will then support the joint.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-22, 02:56 PM  
Gemini2874
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
Gem, i did all of my firms when I was pregnant but just used my step co. step topper since it was nice and low and wide. the parts videos were also in my rotation.

sometimes, when i get knee pain, i do workouts that strengthen and build my knees. the muscles around it will then support the joint.
Thanks, Bzar! I’m pretty sure my knee pain is arthritis from a 16 year soccer career playing year round/college/internationally. Unfortunately, it came back to bite me now that I’m in my late forties. *sigh*

Tags
cardio and strength, firm, firm weights only, firms without equipment, full body strength, pink firm, pink firms, the firm, the firm weights only