Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-22, 12:53 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

So far today: Lift with Cee 40-4-40 Four:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnf3...el=LiftWithCee

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-22, 06:07 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

I'm thinking about using the recumbent bike but I'm not very energetic.

I got a few inches of snow on Friday but didn't get any from the storm on Saturday thank goodness. Sometimes it's nice to be inland.

cyana - did you unbox Cubii yet? You're right the temperatures have been brutal. We might get up to freezing tomorrow. We're expecting 50 F on Thursday and more snow on Friday. I think this might be one of those years when we have ground cover from January to April. I hope you get to work less hours this week.

Beth - Did you see your photos yet? I agree that I'm my own best doctor. It would've taken PT at least 6 weeks to do what I did with my vertebrae. PT needs time to get the $$$.

Enjoy what's left of the weekend. It's almost over.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-22, 08:13 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Linda, yes, I got the photos - there are over 400!

I did add some photos to an album here. I only did 10 because I had to make each one smaller first in order to fit VF guidelines, and it was a pain to keep doing that. If there's something you'd like to see (we did most posts you can think of!), let me know and I'll try to add a pic of that.

Also, my friend Clay will be editing the photos and posting to his IG page, so you will be able to see what he posts if you want: https://www.instagram.com/la_clay_photography/

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 01-30-22, 08:52 PM  
cyana

Beth - I liked your pictures. Your profile picture is great and I loved the light effect on Stargazer. I also really liked Mudra. I'm not on IG, so I couldn't see those. Wow, over 400 total pictures!

Linda - Cubii Jr is out of prison and under my desk ready for duty tomorrow. I was initially scratching my head when I read the instructions for installing the pedals, but once I flipped one over, it made perfect sense. Duh! Those are nice hand weights. I have some Spri 1 lb hand weights, so the 2's will be a nice addition to the fleet. We barely nudged over freezing yesterday afternoon (maybe a brief 33). The 10 day forecast is absolutely psychotic and that's about the nicest thing I can say about it. My lettuce guy from the farmer's market emailed this afternoon to check on us since we are always at the market. I told him we weren't dead or sick, just cold weather wimps.

Paine - Your temps sound absolutely delightful - I'm so jealous!

I did Lee's Loving Kindness workshop this afternoon. It was very nice and some different people got called on for Q&A today and had more really interesting questions.

Must start winding down for the evening. My January goal was to work on improving my sleep hygiene, and while I'm almost afraid to say it out loud, I feel that I've made some progress in that area. Even moving the needle a small amount would be a success in my book.

Sleep well, friends.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-22, 09:04 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Hi cyana - I don't think you need to be in IG to see public accounts (I'm not on Twitter, but I can read posts there). But he hasn't posted anything there yet. The stargazer was cool b/c he used a spotlight effect. I loved the mudra too - he did several others as well (maybe I'll post those later). We could probably all use better sleep hygiene!

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 01-30-22, 09:11 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

For my friends who sometimes have insomnia - and really, for anyone who's ever had any issues waking up in the middle of the night - I think you'll like this SNL skit from last night, "Now I'm Up":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZQs...urdayNightLive

Cat-lovers, pay special attention to 2:07!

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 01-31-22, 07:59 AM  
cyana

OMG, Beth, "Now I'm Up" was absolutely hysterical!!! Everyone who has had insomnia (and anyone who just needs a laugh) should watch this clip - best 3 minutes you'll spend today! And we had a cat visitation this very night, LOL! Let me know if your friend posts your pictures on IG and I'll try a different browser to see if that makes a difference.

I'm thinking my February focus is going to be mobility/pain management.

Did anyone sign up for Alice's new program? I got an email saying registration was going to end at noon today.

Time to get to work - hope everyone has a good day.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-22, 09:27 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

cyana, I knew you would love the cat part of that video!!!
DH is a non-IG user, and he said that IG might only let outside people visit briefly before asking them to create an account.
Clay did post one photo of me (a profile shot, not a yoga one); you can see if you can view it here:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CZYbBuoujM0/

Happy Monday!!!

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 01-31-22, 09:32 AM  
sherry7899

Hi,
I have been exercising but not posting. I am going to try to get back to posting.
I have a two month free Peloton membership, so I am trying out some of their workouts.

This morning I did:
Pelton 30 minute shadowboxing class
Pelton 30 minute Queen music yoga flow class

I was not crazy about the shadowboxing class. I am so used to Body Combat and kickboxing by Cathe and other instructors. I found this did not flow very well for me, but I'm glad I gave it a try.

The yoga class was fun. Of course I loved the music. I do not normally do flow yoga (I do hatha, yin and restorative) so I had some trouble keeping up, but I did what I could. I did like the instructor. They have David Bowie and Beatles themed classes so I will be trying those as well.

Have a great day!
Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-22, 11:13 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Muscle & Grace (Upper Body strength workout plus calves)
Jackie's Essentrics class

I've always thought that Margaret's Muscle & Grace upper body workout is like Sculpture-Lite. It's a good workout in a shorter amount of time compared to Sculpture. I subbed flys for pushups.

Beth, the pictures you posted are really nice! Clay did a good job. Oh, the profile shot he posted in his IG is beautiful!
That SNL skit on insomnia was hilarious, LOL! Thanks for posting it.

Cyana, I'm glad to hear the Sleep Hygiene has helped you. Wish it had helped me. By the way, I recently tried CBD for 3 nights in a row to help me sleep and it was a miserable fail! I slept 3 or 4 hours each night I took CBD. I sleep better taking 1 Unisom tablet. Unisom a lot cheaper than CBD too. So, I was really disappointed in CBD for sleep.

Sherry, it's nice to see you this morning. It would be great to workout to music of Queen, Bowie and the Beatles!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote