Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-26-22, 11:29 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Bendy Body (Stretching the Legs and Hips practice)

I still have hamstring DOMS from Jessica's lower body workout so the Bendy Body Legs & Hips practice felt wonderful this morning.

Carolyn, thank you for your kind words. I actually felt bad about giving a negative review of Jessica's upper body strength workout and I even thought about deleting it. I really like Jessica but I'm picky about the type of upper body weight lifting I like to do and I can't help it. I'm not fond of compound moves because I'd rather focus my effort on one muscle group and also compound moves exhaust me.

Cyana, ROFLOL at the chastity belt comment you made!!
No, I never tried pinto (or black bean) flakes by Frontier and never heard of them but now you have me curious. Yes, let me know how you like them! I have ordered some dehydrated veggies from Harmony House Foods in the past. I prefer their dehydrated veggies over their freeze dried veggies because they taste better to me. Sometimes it's easy to add a few dehydrated veggies in when I'm making a soup.

https://www.harmonyhousefoods.com/Vegetables_c_1.html
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-22, 01:49 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

I did most of Gilad New Beginner's Workout. Not much time for anything today with a plumber and the well water guys here.

I got the vertebra to stop rubbing against each other. The spondylolisthesis will be quiet until next time. My Slac Wrists and the arthritis at the base of my thumb are worse than ever. If I don't wear my braces 24/7 I have to push my thumb into place every hour or so. I ordered two new braces from Amazon. They're the same thing and cheaper than getting them from the doctor.

cyana - Yay! Cubii Jr is coming. I always sit back no matter where I sit. Desk chair, kitchen chair, loveseat or sofa, I sit back. Maybe they get more abs when they sit on the edge of a chair. That seems like an accident waiting to happen.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-22, 07:41 PM  
YogaGal

Wednesday – I started with Jessica’s 15-minute Walk from the 30-Day Plan dvd set, then my cup of coffee kicked in and I decided to add her 9-minute Low Impact HIIT Cardio on YT. I finished with Yoga with Joelle, Yoga for Well Being and Health, Day 5 of 10 Days of Morning Yoga. I loved this set! Good mix of twists, hip openers, and stretches for the neck and hamstrings in 15 minutes.

cyana: The coldest places I’ve lived were Albuquerque, NM and a small city north of Dallas, TX. The place is Texas was close to Oklahoma and saw freezing temps, occasional snow, and 1 or 2 ice storms every winter. Ugh! I freely admit to being a wimp when it comes to cold weather. I am a warm weather gal who would rather deal with the intense desert summer heat than ice in the winter. Hope your work days are shorter the rest of this week.

Linda: Sorry you are having issues with arthritis; hope you feel better soon and the plumber, etc. finish their work so you can enjoy some peace and quiet with Meow Meow. I would have enjoyed a self-heated coat when I lived in Texas. DH took a picture of me one winter when I ventured out to refill our bird feeder; I was bundled up in coat, gloves, scarf, and warm beanie cap.

Pat: Not only do most tv news programs discuss the same topics over and over (without new information), so much of it is speculation (what will happen if . . . ?). It often reminds me of online tv show discussion groups speculating what might happen to the characters on a show.

Paine: Thanks for sharing the link to the Reasons To Be Cheerful website. I also enjoy hearing Good News!
Old 01-26-22, 09:47 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Paine, I meant to say that newsletter looked nice. I used to get something from CNN on Saturdays called "Good Stuff" (I think) that was similar, and I did like it, but I eventually unsubscribed, as it became just another "to do." Try not to feel bad about a negative review - we all have our own likes/dislikes.

Carolyn, it's always nice to get in some good upper body stretches! I like some of the unweighted arms workouts (like the Japanese one!) because they feel like they stretch and strengthen at the same time.

Pat, in weather like this, 38* does feel warm, doesn't it? Cool about the hawk!

cyana, ugh on the working until 11 pm! And yes, I love the anatomy shirt the Japanese guy, Yuki, wears - he has pants too! He just seems so earnest. Speaking of weird things instructors say, some of the "auto-translate" text for the Japanese via subtitles is pretty hysterical. Some of my favorites "I'm good at opening my legs at the following times," "if you don't have any pain, let's move the earth," "take a break from the mother's song," and "eat the sexual stone sea."

Linda, your "I got the vertebra to stop rubbing against each other" amazes me! You are definitely your own best doctor.

Today I did the glutes routine from Yuki, another of his arms workouts, a tough shoulder workout from Lift with Cee, another upper body weights routine form Fit by Mik (both were short), and Day 17 of the 21-Day Yin Yoga Challenge with JDG (squat).

Waving to all!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-22, 11:23 PM  
JustSandra

Hi!

I sort of neglected to do a workout yesterday but I did walk outside for 1.25 hours, and I forgot to note that on Monday I walked outside for 1.75 hours.

Today's Workout: The One With the Birds! Aka Stretch Upper Body & Hamstrings from Essentrics Strength & Stretch In Motion.

Paine: Thank you for the link to the positive news website. I am definitely guilty of "doom scrolling" and absorbing more negative news than I strictly need. Glad you enjoyed the Jessica lower body workout -- its a favorite of mine. Also, please don't feel bad about giving a negative review. As much as I love Jessica overall, there are certain workouts of hers I don't like at all.

Beth: Those Japanese auto-translate examples cracked me up!

By the way, my niece and grandniece are now negative for Covid, and have returned to work and school respectively.

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-22, 10:20 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning everyone, just a quickie:

~ Weight Loss with Natasha Mohan - 10 Minute Walk at Home
~ My own restorative practice after massage therapy - supported bridge, fish, supta, child's, followed by early to bed
~ 5,073 steps

I found the Natasha Mohan on YT in an effort to get my step count up. It was fine for the office, just mindless and easygoing marching motions. She has a beautiful Indian accent.

Have a wonderful day all! Stay warm and safe if you're in the blizzard zone.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-22, 11:41 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

This morning I did some Yin Yoga on my own.

Sandra, I'm glad your niece and grandniece are all better now.

I hope Margot is OK. We haven't heard from her in awhile.

I'm waving to everyone!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-22, 12:53 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Good morning, a quick fly by for me…

Tues:
~Beach front yoga
~Waikiki walkabout with stops at fave spots we’ve visited over the years, 21,000 steps

Yesterday:
~PT exercises
~13,000 steps
~My own yin practice

Paine - Thanks for the link! I try to practice gratitude daily and focus on the good things in my life. I agree that the news is a downer & I mostly avoid it. I also hope all is well with Margot.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-22, 09:46 PM  
YogaGal

Our adjunct librarian who works on Thursday night is still out sick, so I once again shifted my schedule to cover the evening shift.

This morning’s workout was Jessica’s Lower Body from Walk Strong 3 and a 10-minute Gentle Yoga Stretch with Bird. It included a supine version of legs in cow facing pose which was quite challenging, but good.

Sandra: Thanks for letting us know that your niece and grandniece have recovered from Covid and are able to go back to work and school. What a relief!
Old 01-27-22, 10:45 PM  
JustSandra

Hello!

For

Today's Workout: I again pulled out Jessica Smith's Gentle Yoga DVD and did the Back and Chest routine. Another welcome series of stretches!

Now that my niece is over Covid she has booked a bunch of massages for my workout room. Oh well, at least this encourages me to do my housecleaning.

Yogapam: I wanna go on a Waikiki Walkabout!

Hope everyone is having a good week.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote