Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-22, 01:58 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today I did:

Jessica Smith - Feel Good Fusion - Cardio (from her DVD)
Jessica Valent - 10 Min Routine for Back Health

I enjoyed both!

It is nice outside so I'm planning a dog walk and them maybe some stretching.

Pat - I agree, it is really troublesome. The e-mail from Comcast wasn't spam and my DH called Comcast and gave them the incident # and they were real jerks - all they did was threaten to cut off our internet service if it happens again. Ugh. We really can't figure out what happened, but if we were hacked I'm hoping updating and changing passwords, etc. will prevent if from happening again. I just can't help but think there is an error somewhere b/c the alleged violation time and movie they claimed we illegally downloaded was indeed watched at that time on our device using a legit streaming service. I mean, why would I illegally download a movie that I can watch through a streaming service I pay for? Anyway, I just hope it doesn't happen again. I wish we had another option here for internet, but Comcast is it and they stink - terrible customer service. And it was frustrating b/c most of our devices easily connected to the new wifi we set up but there were a few that just wouldn't connect and it was time consuming and frustrating. I also put an app on my phone so I can see who is using my wifi. Probably should have done that a long time ago.

Anyway - planning to chill out the rest of the day!!

Thanks for listening to me gripe!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-22, 10:31 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Yesterday’s workouts:
~Qi Gong Day 6
~ETV: Ellyn Ochs live - She’s a very good instructor, hope we see more of her.
~Kinesiology mobility stretches
~BellyFit Fierce Feminine, cardio only, first 35 min - This is from the Deep Feminine series, typical BF, very nice with good music
~MELT: Booty Restore

Today was a rest day of sorts….
~Qi Gong Challenge Day 7
~Kinesiology mobility stretches + supported restorative poses
~MELT: Foot treatment.

Donna - How frustrating and tedious to change passwords!

Pat - I love your turkey story! I haven’t tried Cee, but I assume she lifts heavy?

Diane - Ugh, sorry your into more shovel max workouts. You’d think your BIL’s last wife would have taken note of his track record and passed on being #4. The odds were not her favour, lol.

Waves to Summer breeze!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-22, 06:46 AM  
amoodygirl

Good morning, everyone!

First things first:
Workouts:
Sunday: Pushups, Body Electric Show Biceps, Pecs (pushups), Quads, Outer Thighs and then I added Inner Thighs.
Yoga with Bird – 10 minute Stretch
Meditation

Still haven’t figured out what I’m doing today but will post later on!

Pat: I saw your pics of the hen turkey! How cool! I’m always hoping for some visitors to our house. I see footprints in the snow but it’s some nocturnal creatures. We are planning on placing bird feeders around our porch – dual purpose – feeds the wildlife and entertains the cats. I have Lift with Cee saved and plan on doing her workouts sometime soon (I hope). Sigh… shovel max – the hardest part is getting that ice chipped away without decimating the concrete. Such a pain. I loved having my pet sitting business – had it for almost 20 years. Now my niece started her own and I’m helping her with her business and how to handle tricky situations or ailing animals.

Donna: Well, it seems the consensus agrees with me about lawyers! Even my husband’s childhood friend is a huge pain in the butt. He thinks everything should be decided by the courts – NO! He’s a litigator but, in my opinion, so many of the problems in this country are because of litigious behavior. My best friend is always suing someone – she slipped down the stairs of an old boyfriend’s home and sued his insurance company – took years and she ended up with a paltry sum of money. OMG on Comcast!!!! Cable companies – another huge problem! I hope you get it resolved.

Pam: The funny thing with my BIL and soon to be ex-SIL is her biological clock was ticking and, at almost 40, she desperately wanted kids. Enter my BIL, she had her 3 kids quickly and now wants nothing to do with him. I honestly believe it’s his karma – now he knows how it feels to be tossed aside!

Hi Summer Breeze! Hope everyone has a great day.

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-22, 07:54 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Ugh - back to it today....

Yesterday I took my Golden for a walk and then I did a stretch w/ Jessica Smith. It was from one of her yoga DVDs - I think Gentle Yoga Stretch. The titles mix me up, LOL!

Today was:

Jessica Smith - Total Body Balance - Sole Sculpt & Core Stretch - I enjoyed both of these from Jessica's earlier DVD.

Looks sunny today so will walk and try to get an Essentrics in this evening.

I'm almost through with Jessica's Four Weeks of Fusion - I'm glad I did a formal rotation - it got me out of my comfort zone and I tried some workouts I thought I couldn't do - and I was able to do most of them w/ modifications. I think after I complete this rotation I'll take a week or two off from a formal rotation but I think I will then jump back into either WS 3.0 or Jessica's Spring Ahead schedule on her website. I have no idea when her new workouts will be released, but hopefully soon.

Hope everyone has good day!!!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-22, 09:49 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good mornning!

Yesterday:

40 kettlebell swings
push-ups and plank

I wanted to try my hand at swings to see if my back could handle it. Hmm may be a little too soon for that. There is still some soreness there and the swings certainly didn't help. I'm hoping to get back to walking this week. I think the weather may be moderating a little even though today is cold but at least it's sunny.

DONNA, great job with the Jessica rotation and your other workouts. So consistent.
Oh I feel your pain with Comcast. We have Optimum/Cablevision and the CS is horrifying. My bill went up $40 this month!!
I'm dreading calling them because you get nowhere. So frustrating.

PAT, you see the most interesting creatures in your area. I'm reading so much about Cee, one of these days I'll try her out.

DIANE, good workouts as always. Yes I'm learning I definitely have to be very cautious with this sciatica. You think I would have learned that by now after several bouts through the years. Sorry about all that snow. My friend and her DH from Chatham visited this weekend. They're off on their cross country trip in a couple of weeks. They're over this winter weather.

PAM, always lovely workouts for you. I hope the kinesiology stretches are helping you.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-22, 10:34 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning everyone! Happy Moan Day! Nothing to report here, I needed a rest day so took advantage of it. I made a nice root vegetable soup in the Instant Pot to top off a nurturing day.

I haven't seen our turkey since Saturday, perhaps she adopts a different part of the neighborhood here and there. We have not deliberately fed her again. She's welcome to peck under the feeder and shelter here, but I don't want to make her dependent on us.

Summer Breeze, that's too bad about the KB swings. I know those were a mainstay for you. Hopefully soon! Be careful if you go out, the ice is still terrible. It seems like a lot of people didn't feel the need to clean up before it froze.

Donna, look at you finishing up a full rotation! Bravo! I hope your Comcast issue is resolved.

Diane, good workout for you. Good luck to your niece - she is in good hands! One of my grandnephews and his GF moved up to her father's horse farm in Vermont, and they turned it into a pet sitting business for dogs and cats, and have now expanded it to include farm animals. They just rescued a ewe who's former owner had her bred at a terrible time - she gave birth yesterday and they have mom and babe protected in a blanket hung area in the barn with a ton of hay. Some people are so dumb they shouldn't be allowed to have a pet rock.

Good morning to Pam!!!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-22, 09:22 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

A quick fly by….

Todays workouts:
~Qi Challenge Day 8
~20 min rowing
~Ellen’s Four Elements Flow
~Kinesiology strength exercises, hip mobility exercises, & stretches
~Restorative yoga: reclined supported side bend & heart bed

Pat - I love your new avatar!

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-22, 08:27 AM  
amoodygirl

Good morning!

Yesterday was a crappy day. It started with a bad night’s sleep and went downhill from there. I’m still caring for my friend’s dog, Angel. She’s actually starting to get some movement back in her legs, which is wonderful. She still needs help going to the bathroom and yesterday, while holding her up, she had some “Hershey squirts” and, of course, it landed on my boot and my coat. Never fails when one is tired and cranky! Slept far better last night and got my workout in!

Pushups, Body Electric Series 1800, show 5 – Abs, triceps (did my own thing), inner and outer thighs.
Short 10 minute yoga then meditation.

Donna: I think it’s always good to get out of our comfort zones with most things. We also surprise ourselves at what we can actually do! Good job, Donna!

Summer Breeze: I love, love, love pushups! I would think swings would be hard on the lower back and glutes so be careful. As far as winter weather, we are seriously thinking about buying a small RV (or convert a Sprinter van for our needs) and heading somewhere warm during the winter months. I so want to leave Upstate NY but right now it’s a seller’s market. I could easily sell my house for a good price and quickly but then what? Two neighbors just sold their homes after bidding wars and incredible terms for the seller (no contingencies, no inspection – it’s wild!). Trying to talk my husband into selling then living in the RV for a short time until the housing market comes back down. And it will. He’s not very adventurous so I better not hold my breath.

Pat: Do you miss your turkey? I would. When I was feeding the squirrels when I lived in CT, the days I didn’t get any visitors made me sad! Wow on your grandnephew and his GF! If I were younger, I would have definitely lived on a farm and start a sanctuary. Farm work is hard and at 64, not a good idea to start. I so admire people who do this heart wrenching work.

Pam: Love seeing all your different workouts – so inspiring!

Well, that’s all folks! Have a great day!

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-22, 09:39 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning all! Yesterday I accomplished:

~ An old Body Electric for Margaret Moan Day
~ Jessica Valant 10 Minute Hip Flexor Stretch Workout
~ AM and PM meditations
~ 3,462 steps.

My niece has a new meditation up, it is very sweet but I could hardly hear it. I'm thinking of a gentle way to mention it, or perhaps I should keep mum and just let her learn and find her own way.

Donna - thank you for recommending that quick Jessica V. hip flexor workout - it was wonderful!

Pam, thanks. I haven't seen her in a couple days. I see you did the Four Elements Flow everyone's raving about.

Aw, I'm sorry you had a crappy day Diane. I do miss Bridget and hope she comes around to forage again. I hope your day gets better.

Good morning to Summer Breeze!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-22, 09:42 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morninng!!

Yesterday:

37 minute outdoor walk

Ah felt so good. Chilly but sunny. I hope I can get back into a more consistent walking routine.

PAT, glad you enjoyed a nurturing rest day.
We don't have sidewalks in my immediate neighborhood so I walk in the street. We have minimal traffic here. But when I walk in other neighborhoods with sidewalks I do see the people who don't feel the need to clean up ice and snow. Never ceases to amaze me.

DIANE, ugh sorry about the crappy day. Poor sleep is so tough. Yes my friend and her DH do have a tiny RV type of thing that they are using to travel. I am planning on calling some realtors soon since the market is so good now but I too have the problem of where to go. Rents are crazy too.

Hi PAM & DONNA!!

Have a great day everyone!!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gall bladder, heartburn, margaret richard, standing yoga