Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-02-21, 12:34 PM  
psupam

Checking in with Total Muscle Shaping from BBS3. I plan to do Zumba, walking and step for cardio and the FIRM for strength.
psupam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-21, 02:54 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hello everyone,

Today did two PowerFit workouts (Legs and Shoulders) and (Cardio.) I also did a one mile Leslie walk, beforehand. I enjoyed these two more than the one I did yesterday, but it was mostly because I got behind with the band setup on the floor. Maybe best for me to preview the workouts so I know what's in store....yeah, right!

Have a good day all!

ETA: I used the heavier green resistance band that came with one of the Powerfit sets. For some reason I was thinking there was only the purple band, but the green was definitely more of a challenge, especially during front raises for shoulder work.

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-21, 05:28 PM  
Karla25

Today's Firm was another pink :-)

The Sculpt & Tone Pilates is a 30 minute workout with Alison Davis as an instructor. The workout is perfect for beginners or those that are out of shape. The music is a pleasant, soft, jazz style. I like Alison as an instructor. She has a friendly personality.

This morning I did the 30 minute cardio portion of Ellen Barrett's Power Fusion. I followed Sculpt & Tone Pilates this evening with Ellen's Power15 arm work. Both of Ellen's workouts are good for shoulder mobility or for those dealing with a shoulder injury.
Old 11-02-21, 07:16 PM  
gladgirl

I did FIRM V1 today.
Yes, it whooped my butt and the rest of my body.
Am using lighter weights but feeling very worked out, love the tough floor work on this one and the abs. A classic for sure!
gladgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-21, 12:38 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hello everyone,

Checking in with Day 3 of PowerFit workouts with Stephanie. Today I did Back, Biceps and Thighs and it was really great with no difficult setup with the band, LOL. Time also went quickly with this one! I also did a Leslie Two Mile Power Walk (with Friends.) And, you hold hand/wrist weights through parts of the miles. She's lively in this one, but I enjoyed it!

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-21, 05:16 PM  
wendug

Today I found Stephanie's Super Body Sculpt on YT from the BSS1 add on series. Due to all the similar sounding names of workouts I've never done this workout before as I thought it was another workout. Anyway, I really like this workout! I was able to really heavy up on this as each muscle is isolated for the weight work- no compound moves. It was nice to pull out my 25 & 20 pound dumbbells! But when it comes to the leg press I don't go heavier than 12 pound dumbbells. My heart rate goes high with 12 pounders I don't think I could go higher than that.
Old 11-03-21, 05:20 PM  
Karla25

This morning was a 20 minute Classical Stretch #703 which is great for shoulders and hips. I followed it with a 15 min. Yoga Burn band stretch from the Total Body Challenge set. I substituted a yoga strap for the band. This is absolutely one of my favorite stretching routines. Zoe does a great job with form pointers!

After cleaning house and then running errands, my energy was pretty much zapped when I finally got home. I just plugged in FIRM PARTS: 5 Day Abs and did Day 5 with Jayne Poteet. Simple and sweet :-)
Old 11-03-21, 05:24 PM  
Karla25

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
Today I found Stephanie's Super Body Sculpt on YT from the BSS1 add on series. Due to all the similar sounding names of workouts I've never done this workout before as I thought it was another workout. Anyway, I really like this workout! I was able to really heavy up on this as each muscle is isolated for the weight work- no compound moves. It was nice to pull out my 25 & 20 pound dumbbells! But when it comes to the leg press I don't go heavier than 12 pound dumbbells. My heart rate goes high with 12 pounders I don't think I could go higher than that.
Wow, that's impressive!
Old 11-03-21, 06:31 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla25 View Post
Wow, that's impressive!
Thanks! Since this is a relatively short workout I could go heavier. And the heaviest weights I used for legs and lat rows. I didn't use those weights for the whole workout! I remember when I first discovered the Firm (Tracie Long Maximum Body Shaping in the late 90s) I struggled with my 3, 5, & 8 pound weights. I've come a long way since then.
Old 11-03-21, 09:25 PM  
fatkat555

Last night I did the Hare.

I’ve been Firming again for 3 months now. I’ve lost 8 lbs!! Not bad for a peri/menopausal situation! I’d like to get 6-8 lbs off in addition so I’m keeping up with my Firms.

I should also state that I love all things barre, but I hit a wall and needed some comfort workouts so I returned to the Firm. Now I’ll alternate some days with barre.

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awt, circuit training, circuit workouts, firm, firm history, firm rotation, janet jones gretzky, the firm