Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-29-21, 08:42 PM  
weener
VF Supporter

I have these:
https://www.amazon.com/Arena-Strengt...trength&sr=8-4

I liked having a guide. They also have a FB group and now have an app with different exercises.

~~~~~~~~~
I grew up as teener weener. It got shorten to weener when a nephew was learning to talk and he just called me weener.

www.flickr.com/photos/32418450@N05/
weener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-21, 08:47 PM  
BarbK
VF Supporter

I've had the Tribe Loop Bands [https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

for about a year now. I've only used the 2 lowest strength ones. I never even took the 2 higher strength ones out. They are all the same size and have worn well. My husband has also used them. They cost a lot more now than they did last year $17 vs ~ $23 (with the 10% off)

I ordered some of the long ones tonight from Amazon and should have them on Saturday and will report back.

Most of the bands have a 10% off box to check.

In the Cathe silent clip, those long ones look really stretchy so I wonder if they are actually longer. The ones I looked at were about 40".
BarbK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-21, 09:06 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

I just posted this in another thread:

I got a response from Cathe's team on her forum:

Here was my question:

Quote:
Are the glute loops all the same size around (circumference) or are the different levels of resistance partly reliant on each loop being bigger or smaller in circumference?

I've already preordered the the DVDs plus loops & bands and am not planning to change my preorder, but I've read reviews of other fabric loops and apparently some manufacturers make the "easier" resistance loops bigger and the "heavier" resistance loops smaller in circumference in order to make the resistance levels different. Some people like this, while others don't.

So I guess my question is, are Cathe's loops all the same circumference?

Here is the answer:

Quote:
Hi amberdawn, all of our looops are pretty much the same size (within 1/2 inch), but you shouldn't assume that all fabric loop bands that you see on the web are made the same because they are not. We spend a lot of time sourcing the material used in our products so that they have the right elasticity and also are the right length for most users.

Cathe has over 30,000 hours of teaching experience, so she knows what to look for in finding just the right bands for our workouts so they have the right elasticity and don't fall off when being used in a workout. With our loops, the length is not a factor that determines the resistance of the band. Instead, it's the material that is used and the thickness of the material as well as how the loop is made.
Hopefully this helps people to make a more informed purchase decision, i.e. enable???
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-21, 10:44 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdw View Post
I bought the one recommended by Caroline Girvan. They are good quality.

https://www.amazon.com/shop/carolinegirvan
While those look great, I don't think I could squeeze both thighs into the pink 12 inch one, unfortunately.

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-21, 08:34 AM  
hocuspocus

I have this one
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
hocuspocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-21, 02:59 PM  
manleym

Thanks for all of the responses!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-22, 01:07 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

OLD THREAD ALERT

regarding the long resistance fabric bands (~80" circumference) - those who bought a brand other than Arena, how did you like them? please provide a link to the brand you purchased.

EDITED TO ADD:
to clarify - i'm wondering about the LONG ones, not the ones that go around your thighs, and it's a continuous "joined" circle.

(i already have thigh/booty bands that i like by Victorem).

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-22, 05:29 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbK View Post
I've had the Tribe Loop Bands [https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

for about a year now. I've only used the 2 lowest strength ones. I never even took the 2 higher strength ones out. They are all the same size and have worn well. My husband has also used them. They cost a lot more now than they did last year $17 vs ~ $23 (with the 10% off)

I ordered some of the long ones tonight from Amazon and should have them on Saturday and will report back.

Most of the bands have a 10% off box to check.

In the Cathe silent clip, those long ones look really stretchy so I wonder if they are actually longer. The ones I looked at were about 40".
I have the Tribe bands. I have had them for a few years and they are still going strong. I bought them in a two pack and have only used the lighter strength one. They are quite heavy duty and will last a long time. Looking at your link makes me want the pretty 5 pack in pink.
Old 03-20-22, 06:09 PM  
counterclockwise

Not sure if this is helpful but I really like the Cathe brand ones I got! I have the long and short ones.
counterclockwise is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arena strength, booty bands, boss bands, boss loops, fabric resistance loops, resistance bands, resistance loops