Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-01-20, 12:46 PM  
daisymae

Yoga Burn body band STINKS!

I just got Yoga Burn Total Body Challenge and the band, which came in its original packaging stinks so bad that I cannot even have it in the house!! Does anyone else's band STINK? Latex bands stink too but this is a stink on a whole new level! I'm just wondering if it needs some serious off-gasing or if there might possibly be something wrong with it. I had to hang it outside...my husband didn't even want me to hang it in the garage! Also, if you touch it it will make your hands stink and it will NOT wash off!
daisymae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-20, 03:58 PM  
bubbles76

Ewww. Sorry I can't help. Maybe contact Zoe and see if she will replace it for you?
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-20, 06:29 PM  
kristiep

That was not my experience. I agree with Bubbles - contact Zoe’s customer service to get a replacement band.
kristiep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-20, 08:00 PM  
daisymae

Unfortunately I didn't buy it directly from her. I bought it from someone else who never used it. The band was in its original packaging and the dvds are unopened. I just thought I would ask here to see if anyone else had a stinky band. I wasn't sure if maybe it just stinks really badly when it's brand new and just needs to off-gas but if it is not supposed to stink I will probably just toss it. I'm disappointed because I was excited to try the program and the band looked like a nice one but there is no way I can use it.
Old 08-01-20, 09:34 PM  
kristiep

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisymae View Post
Unfortunately I didn't buy it directly from her. I bought it from someone else who never used it. The band was in its original packaging and the dvds are unopened. I just thought I would ask here to see if anyone else had a stinky band. I wasn't sure if maybe it just stinks really badly when it's brand new and just needs to off-gas but if it is not supposed to stink I will probably just toss it. I'm disappointed because I was excited to try the program and the band looked like a nice one but there is no way I can use it.
Ah, ok! It is a good band, so I’m sorry you may have to discard.

If you shop for a replacement, look for one that is 12” long x 2” wide and is X-Heavy (maybe XX-Heavy depending on who makes it). That should be equivalent to the YB band. Zoe does sell her band on her website but it is too expensive for a single band, even though it is good.
kristiep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-20, 09:36 PM  
bubbles76

This happened to me recently, but not with Zoe's band. It was a Fit in 10 band. The band was in the original packaging, but whew! When I went to open it, the band smelled bad. Actually, it was a set of three. Two of the bands were fine, but the third band stunk and broke. I just pulled on it gently, and it basically crumbled. Maybe the band was old?
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-20, 09:52 PM  
BarbK
VF Supporter

I had a set of 5 bands individually wrapped and only had opened one. Got injured and never opened them (or did a DVD for 1.5 years). My opened bands were useless and even when I opened the others, they snapped the first time using them. Something must happen to them even in the packaging. It also happened once to a 6' Dynaband - when I opened it, and stretched it, it stayed stretched out.

They either don't last because they break or disintegrate.

I replaced with a set of cloth bands but haven't used it much.

ETA - When I was researching latex type bands, the Synergy Bands looked good. I went with cloth b/c some of the reviews at Amazon looked like it may have not been the authentic Synergy band.
BarbK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-20, 12:02 PM  
daisymae

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristiep View Post
Ah, ok! It is a good band, so I’m sorry you may have to discard.

If you shop for a replacement, look for one that is 12” long x 2” wide and is X-Heavy (maybe XX-Heavy depending on who makes it). That should be equivalent to the YB band. Zoe does sell her band on her website but it is too expensive for a single band, even though it is good.
Thanks for the info! I have been thinking that maybe a cloth band is the way to go. You never know what these things are made of especially if it can smell that bad when it degrades!
Old 08-03-20, 12:04 PM  
daisymae

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
This happened to me recently, but not with Zoe's band. It was a Fit in 10 band. The band was in the original packaging, but whew! When I went to open it, the band smelled bad. Actually, it was a set of three. Two of the bands were fine, but the third band stunk and broke. I just pulled on it gently, and it basically crumbled. Maybe the band was old?
Bummer!
Old 08-03-20, 12:09 PM  
daisymae

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbK View Post
I had a set of 5 bands individually wrapped and only had opened one. Got injured and never opened them (or did a DVD for 1.5 years). My opened bands were useless and even when I opened the others, they snapped the first time using them. Something must happen to them even in the packaging. It also happened once to a 6' Dynaband - when I opened it, and stretched it, it stayed stretched out.

They either don't last because they break or disintegrate.

I replaced with a set of cloth bands but haven't used it much.

ETA - When I was researching latex type bands, the Synergy Bands looked good. I went with cloth b/c some of the reviews at Amazon looked like it may have not been the authentic Synergy band.
Yes, I'm thinking cloth bands are the way to go! Do yours have the rubber on the inside? Just wondering if it smells. I seriously cannot handle strong smells!

I know I am definitely leary of ordering from Amazon sometimes. I do see a lot of reviews suggesting that things are counterfeits.

Tags
resistance bands, yoga burn