Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-29-17, 07:46 AM  
sherry7899

Amazon van delivery has hit a new low!-RANT

Even though we have an Amazon warehouse ten minutes from our house, we never get deliveries from there. Instead, we get them from a warehouse that is about 40 minutes away. They use their own van drivers to deliver those packages instead of using USPS or UPS.

We have had several problems with deliveries from that service. Once they "lost" the package even though it was put on the van that morning. I don't see how you lose a package from inside a van! They sent another one which arrived two days later. The second problem was an item was scheduled for delivery and did not show up. When I contacted customer service they said there was a "problem" (unspecified) and they would send it again within two days.

Last night my husband found an Amazon package sitting on top of one of our cars! We have a front porch. No one rang the bell-we were all home. I checked the tracking, and it said "package left in mail room." That's a new one-a mail room at a residence!

I contacted customer service and complained. They said they will file a complaint about it since they "take these things seriously."

If someone can get out of their van to put a package on a car, why not just bring it to the porch? I just don't get it.

I'd actually rather get Amazon deliveries from USPS. At least you can track those, and they get delivered 99% of the time!

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-17, 08:52 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I am becoming more and more disenchanted with Amazon. I'm noticing that items I purchase on a regular basis, such as my Raw Rev Glo energy bars, increase in price every time I re-order. Amazon seems to be trying to force me into getting them on auto delivery. No!

And I thought Prime was supposed to provide savings. I joined two months ago, but so far I do not find that to be the case. I have even seen an item at one price, then put it into my cart and the price increases a little.

We are only just getting a Roku stick for Christmas, so I'll try Prime a little more for the streaming video and decide if it's worth it for that. I was going to get a Firestick, but Roku ended up being the better price.

Finally, I was going to buy our first smart phones from Amazon - WOW, looked like great Black Friday deals! Until I read the reviews - Any phone you purchase from them is loaded with Amazon ads that keep popping up. You can remove them - for the money you saved by buying the phone from them in the first place.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-17, 09:17 AM  
Poodlepants

I have problems with their van service, too. Things don't arrive within the 2 day shipping and they don't even put the package on my porch. I find packages in my drive way and I am home all day! My porch has lots of plants/shrubs, so anything delivered is somewhat obscured. When they leave it on the driveway, everyone and their brother can see it.
Old 11-29-17, 09:59 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
I am becoming more and more disenchanted with Amazon. I'm noticing that items I purchase on a regular basis, such as my Raw Rev Glo energy bars, increase in price every time I re-order. Amazon seems to be trying to force me into getting them on auto delivery. No!

And I thought Prime was supposed to provide savings. I joined two months ago, but so far I do not find that to be the case. I have even seen an item at one price, then put it into my cart and the price increases a little.
Yes, if you put something in your cart and don't buy it right away, the price will most likely change at some point. I've had prices decrease, so it's not always an increase, but I'm not thrilled with some of Amazon's tactics and only buy from them if their price on an item is significantly lower than what I find locally. For example, I need new windshield wipers, so I was at a local store yesterday and the price was $21 each. I checked Amazon and it was $15 each, so I went with Amazon since that's a significant difference and I have Prime. There have been times where I found an item locally for less so I bought it. Amazon doesn't always have the best prices...there was a time when they did, but no more. I think what has happened they have expanded too fast and into so many different businesses that they are overwhelmed and customer service, quality and delivery are starting to suffer.
wishiwasinhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-17, 10:08 AM  
leigh1673

Wow that stinks. I hope they improve your delivery service.

I still love Amazon and have had no issues at all (knock on wood).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post

We are only just getting a Roku stick for Christmas, so I'll try Prime a little more for the streaming video and decide if it's worth it for that. I was going to get a Firestick, but Roku ended up being the better price.

Finally, I was going to buy our first smart phones from Amazon - WOW, looked like great Black Friday deals! Until I read the reviews - Any phone you purchase from them is loaded with Amazon ads that keep popping up. You can remove them - for the money you saved by buying the phone from them in the first place.
I never looked at Prime as a way to buy things cheaper. I look at it as the savings on SHIPPING. I save a ton of $$ that way. I assume you do, too, if you order from them somewhat frequently.
leigh1673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-17, 01:43 PM  
suzannaerin

I’ve seen Amazon delivery folks tossing packages from their trucks onto folks’ yards and leaving packages in the rain (not putting the in the door way, between the storm door and front door).

This wasn’t during the holidays, either. I bet it’ll be worse now!
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-17, 02:12 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I have seen an increase in packages not getting to the porch as well recently. Of course, this problem happens cyclically. It happens for awhile and then something changes and it stops. Then, some months later, it starts up again.

In my experience, I have this problem across vendors it's not just Amazon. I've had this problem as well with Jet and Walmart and maybe others. I think it's a problem with lots of vendors.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-17, 02:47 PM  
wendug

Unfortunately with the holidays and so many people ordering online, we're going to see a lot of delivery disasters in the next month!

I once had a UPS delivery go to a local Wendy's fast food restaurant. I had to spend a bit of time on the phone with UPS to straighten that out. And around the holidays they don't guarantee delivery times so you're out of luck if you need items right away!
Old 11-29-17, 04:15 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Last night my husband found an Amazon package sitting on top of one of our cars!
Wow, that's so weirdly bizarre!!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-17, 04:43 PM  
marki64

We live in a society of "gotta have it right now." No one wants to wait for anything anymore, so as a result you get crappy delivery from them. They probably are like UPS and have to stay on a time schedule. Drop it and go. I haven't ordered from amazon in about 5 years. My husband orders a lot from them, but it isn't always real quick.
marki64 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amazon van, ups