Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-11-16, 07:10 PM  
momofcha

Interesting that you mention H&C light on bi/Tri - I love the idea of adding in a pure strength workout once/week. I like the chisel workouts so far so I'm going to keep at them until I feel overkill. I'll have to figure out something to combine. I did bulk arms today also, but I have plenty I can combine.

Thanks for the idea

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-16, 07:32 PM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofcha View Post
Interesting that you mention H&C light on bi/Tri - I love the idea of adding in a pure strength workout once/week. I like the chisel workouts so far so I'm going to keep at them until I feel overkill. I'll have to figure out something to combine. I did bulk arms today also, but I have plenty I can combine.

Thanks for the idea
Sue, I copied this below from the 2 Lazy 4 the Gym review, I love that blog. https://2lazy4gym.com/2016/02/04/the...hammer-chisel/ I had always thought women needed more shoulder work to balance out, but maybe not? I'm going to start the program as designed but may also throw in an additional arm workout.

2 Lazy 4 the Gym - so I will share Lou and Alwyn’s reason from their NROL for Women program. When performing exercises that work the large muscle groups, you are using (and therefore working) the smaller muscle groups in the way they were designed to work–to assist those larger muscles in pushing or pulling movements. Your body is designed to use its big and small muscle groups together, therefore they should be worked and developed in a functional way. Rather than isolating biceps and triceps to make them dis-proportionally bigger than the back or chest, you work the back and the chest, and those smaller muscle groups assist and therefore grow in proportion to the chest and back.
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-16, 07:54 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethlakey View Post
Sue, I copied this below from the 2 Lazy 4 the Gym review, I love that blog. https://2lazy4gym.com/2016/02/04/the...hammer-chisel/ I had always thought women needed more shoulder work to balance out, but maybe not? I'm going to start the program as designed but may also throw in an additional arm workout.

2 Lazy 4 the Gym - so I will share Lou and Alwyn’s reason from their NROL for Women program. When performing exercises that work the large muscle groups, you are using (and therefore working) the smaller muscle groups in the way they were designed to work–to assist those larger muscles in pushing or pulling movements. Your body is designed to use its big and small muscle groups together, therefore they should be worked and developed in a functional way. Rather than isolating biceps and triceps to make them dis-proportionally bigger than the back or chest, you work the back and the chest, and those smaller muscle groups assist and therefore grow in proportion to the chest and back.
Thank you, that was great! I really haven't felt anything lacking so we'll just see how I feel on any given day. I didn't rest today as prescribed & I'm hoping to make it to Saturday & rest then. We'll see.

Tomorrow I think is chisel endurance

Old 05-11-16, 08:23 PM  
shoegoddess

Quote:

Thanks for the idea
I did Bulk Arms yesterday and I can't believe how sore my Bis/Tris are

I'm not a typical grandma!

Body by Cathe, Chalene and Dr. Niccole
-Me

A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Well-behaved women seldom make history
-Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Women are Angels
And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...we are flexible like that
-White Witch

Gotta love Maxine:
http://forum.videofitness.com/pictur...&pictureid=230
shoegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-16, 08:32 PM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

Quote:
Thank you, that was great! I really haven't felt anything lacking so we'll just see how I feel on any given day. I didn't rest today as prescribed & I'm hoping to make it to Saturday & rest then. We'll see.

Tomorrow I think is chisel endurance
Good luck! I may have to do 3 days on, 1 day off, we'll see how it goes. I may add on a short kettlebell workout and yoga as well.

~Beth
Old 05-17-16, 07:47 PM  
momofcha

So far I am loving the variety of workouts. Autumn's are tough but I keep coming back for more. No results yet, but as long as I'm enjoying the workouts I'm pressing on....

Old 05-17-16, 07:52 PM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

Quote:
So far I am loving the variety of workouts. Autumn's are tough but I keep coming back for more. No results yet, but as long as I'm enjoying the workouts I'm pressing on....
That's great to hear! Are you following the rotation as written or taking rest days?

~Beth
Old 05-17-16, 08:11 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
That's great to hear! Are you following the rotation as written or taking rest days?

~Beth
The program calls for rest on Wednesday, I'm doing Saturday. I will addin extra rest days as edged, but I haven't yeti

Old 05-17-16, 08:17 PM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

My set arrived today so I will be previewing soon. I think I may start Monday, not sure if I'm following the schedule yet, will see how sore I am. I'm tentatively thinking 3 days on, 1 day rest, repeat. I think rest days are so important; I wish they would have included the science behind this workout.

~Beth
Old 05-17-16, 08:38 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
My set arrived today so I will be previewing soon. I think I may start Monday, not sure if I'm following the schedule yet, will see how sore I am. I'm tentatively thinking 3 days on, 1 day rest, repeat. I think rest days are so important; I wish they would have included the science behind this workout.

~Beth
That's my fall-back if I get tired

Tags
chisel, hammer &, hammer and chisel