Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-14-16, 11:12 AM  
hedygs
VF Supporter

I had a friend share some of the workouts with me. I only got through four before I did something wonky to my wrist. Not sprained but tender to the touch and movement. A lot of the workouts seem to be done in a plank position. Guess my wrists aren't up to that.

Does anyone find the warmup sufficient? Especially the Chisel one?
hedygs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-16, 04:00 PM  
Jenmgo

I think the warm ups are too short and not the best
I'm used to cathe and have been spoiled by her
Old 01-16-16, 05:04 PM  
shoegoddess

I received my DVDs the other day and yesterday I ordered the deluxe DVD. I'm starting the rotation Wednesday because I need Saturday as the rest day. I ordered new Bodsylastic bands. Mine were 5 years old and discolored and I accidentally spilled White-Out on them. I've got the workout sheets printed and calendar hanging in my workout room. I'm all set. Excited to start. I did Chisel Agility yesterday as it was a cardio day for me anyway. Liked it a lot. And Autumn wasn't annoying like in 21DF/X.

I'm not a typical grandma!

Body by Cathe, Chalene and Dr. Niccole
-Me

A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Well-behaved women seldom make history
-Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Women are Angels
And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...we are flexible like that
-White Witch

Gotta love Maxine:
http://forum.videofitness.com/pictur...&pictureid=230
shoegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-16, 06:23 PM  
Pie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoegoddess View Post
I received my DVDs the other day and yesterday I ordered the deluxe DVD. I'm starting the rotation Wednesday because I need Saturday as the rest day. I ordered new Bodsylastic bands. Mine were 5 years old and discolored and I accidentally spilled White-Out on them. I've got the workout sheets printed and calendar hanging in my workout room. I'm all set. Excited to start. I did Chisel Agility yesterday as it was a cardio day for me anyway. Liked it a lot. And Autumn wasn't annoying like in 21DF/X.
I also started on Wednesday. Saturday is my busiest day so I wanted it free. I'm still loving the workouts. I feel like I have two totally different personal trainers doing very different workouts. No boredom yet....

Results are not made in the Comfort Zone........ - Mike Karpenko
Pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-16, 08:01 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

seems like a lot of us are doing it. Any interest in a VF check-in?
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-16, 08:11 PM  
hedygs
VF Supporter

One more question. Do these workouts seem to be short on tricep exercises? I know that was a complaint for Autumn's 21DF workouts but it seems that continues.

Thanks.
hedygs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-16, 04:48 PM  
Daphne M

I'm not following any formal Beachbody rotation, just slowly working my way through each of the workouts. It's been a blast! I've completed all of the Hammers except Hammer Power, but have only done two of the Chisels so far so I've still got a ways to go. Having completed 7 out of the 12 main workouts (plus both the ab workouts), I've formed a strong list of pro's and con's.
  • Pro's - Super efficient total body workouts. A tremendous variety and each feels very different and fresh because of changes in tempo and technique. The choice of two different instructors keeps it interesting. The separate ab workouts are both very good and the cardio workouts are fun. Love the 1-legged work, especially the pistol squats and Bulgarian squats, and lots of challenging core work. The instructors have loads of personality. Biggest pro - I look forward to doing each workout and the workouts all complement my primary focus on running/cycling.
  • Con's - There are a few weird or awkward, risky moves, usually incorporating the bench. (Jumping Bulgarian split squats with knee up's - no thanks.) The warm-ups are inadequate. Sagi makes the same "don't mess up your hair" joke one time too many. There is very little isolated bicep/tricep work. (However surprised to notice that my triceps are looking pretty good from these workouts -- I think it's the planks - so this could turn into a pro instead of a con.) Enough with the pull-ups! Sometimes the instructors have too much personality and I'll find myself eye-rolling and backtalking. (Now that my kids are almost all out of the teen years, someone's gotta do it.)
I'm not up for a check-in because I'm over-committed already, but I enjoy trading impressions. I won't get to do another H&C until Friday and I'll get to choose among Chisel Endurance, Chisel Cardio, Total Body Chisel and Iso Strength Chisel. I'm a little intimidated by the descriptions of Iso Strength Chisel. Wish me luck.
Breast Cancer Survivor
Sneaking up on the next event
Daphne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-16, 05:09 PM  
macska
VF Supporter

I enjoy H&Cvery much. Indeed, large variety of total body workouts pretty much all compound moves. For isolation, my new favorite Peloton does a lot of bi/tri combos on the bike. So it seems that I got the perfect match!

"You finish when you are done not when you are tired."
David Goggins
macska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-16, 11:53 PM  
CharM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoegoddess View Post
Excited to start. I did Chisel Agility yesterday as it was a cardio day for me anyway. Liked it a lot. And Autumn wasn't annoying like in 21DF/X.
I see you're selling the set so soon! What made you change your mind?
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-16, 11:58 PM  
shoegoddess

Well actually my husband just informed me he bought me a set for my birthday in 2 weeks. He knew I wanted it but didn't know I had bought it! I didn't have the heart to tell him I had already bought it so I'm quietly selling the one set.

I'm not a typical grandma!

Body by Cathe, Chalene and Dr. Niccole
-Me

A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Well-behaved women seldom make history
-Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Women are Angels
And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...we are flexible like that
-White Witch

Gotta love Maxine:
http://forum.videofitness.com/pictur...&pictureid=230
shoegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
autumn, hammer and chisel, sagi