Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-09-16, 05:12 PM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyefit View Post
I did Chisel Endurance today and it was another winner. The only thing I didn't like is that it was a circuit repeated twice. At the 15 minute mark you have to run through the same exercises again. I've gotten spoiled with no repeats lately with my workouts. I decided to do some of the exercises slightly differently the second time around to make it feel fresh and not so repetitive. For example, instead of doing the negative pull ups again I did negative inverted rows with my equalizer bars. Instead of chest presses on the ball I did chest fly's. When she used weight, I went with a slightly higher weight the second time around, etc. Just little twists to either make it more challenging on the second go around or just to keep it fresh. It was an excellent workout!
I am also one who does not usually like to repeat entire circuits. I also did slightly different exercises the second time through the circuit. The second time I used a different hand grips for the pullups. I did machine leg presses for the high step crossovers. I subbed cable flies for the chest presses and instead of the second set of planks, I did heavy kettlebell swings.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-16, 05:18 PM  
lesia

This is on my radar after I finish my Cathe ICE/RwH/XTrain rotation. I'm not crazy about Autumn and I'm worried that will become a problem. I couldn't get rid of 21 Day Fix & Extreme dvds quick enough.

I'll be watching this thread.

Lesia
lesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-16, 09:10 PM  
jusca

I'm a month into the rotation. I was initially concerned about Autumn as I didn't like her in 21 day fix/fix extreme. I found her to be likable in this set. She doesn't bother me however I still won't do 21 day fix. She seems to have toned down the squeaky chattiness and Sagi seems mellow too. I never had a problem with Sagi's presentation. I like his in your face style on Body Beast and the mellow style in this set.

I like that H&C offers short, full body routines on the lifting days. I think the set is very adjustable to all fitness levels. Beginners can easily do the set with appropriate weight. Intermediate to advanced lifters may find the set best just for maintenance though. There aren't a lot of sets to build up mass. I have been lifting on & off for the last 2 years and I needed an entry point back to lifting after a 4 month break. This set perfectly challenged me. I'm very close to lifting my old weights before the hiatus.

The cardio is late beginner-early intermediate at best. I'd say the intensity is comparable to latest P90 series cardio.

Overall, I like the workouts and the way the calendar is scheduled really makes the 12 workouts feel like a new workout every week.
jusca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-16, 09:53 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoegoddess View Post
Should I also purchase the Deluxe DVD? I'm so vidiot OCD I like to have all the workouts for sets I buy
Yes!
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-16, 08:26 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

I did all of the base package workouts once and a couple of the add-ons too before I started a H&C rotation on 1/4/16 (with a big Facebook group that Carl, Sagi, and Autumn are running). This is day 10 so we've already gone through 10 of the workouts (so I've done some of them twice).

I don't regret buying this set for a second! Even if I never do another full H &C rotation, all of the workouts can be incorporated into other rotations. Sagi is much more subdued than he was in Body Beast but I like it, it shows his "soft" side, lol. Autumn is less chatty and bossy and more supportive than she was in her other sets. Although, I love 21 Day Fix and 21 Day Fix Extreme and it doesn't bother me.

I think the add-on dvd is great just for the two extra 30 minute workouts (it gives you more choices when you do the rotation to change it up). Do I think it's worth $44? Probably not but I bought it anyway, lol.

So all that to say, love it!

Kathy G
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-16, 01:05 PM  
marmact

What exactly do people dislike about Autumn? I've heard a lot of people say they do not like her at all in 21 Day Fix, so I've kind of ignored Hammer & Chisel for this reason.
Old 01-13-16, 04:17 PM  
macska
VF Supporter

I don't mind Autumn nor Sagi as a matter of fact. They both have excellent form pointers/reminders and that's what I care. Yes, chatty but not bothersome at least to me. Overall I still love the set. Today I did Hammer Strength followed buy Autumn's Endurance, and I had an excellent workout. Both are very well balanced total body workouts.

"You finish when you are done not when you are tired."
David Goggins
macska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-16, 04:20 PM  
macska
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyefit View Post
I did Chisel Endurance today and it was another winner. The only thing I didn't like is that it was a circuit repeated twice. At the 15 minute mark you have to run through the same exercises again. I've gotten spoiled with no repeats lately with my workouts. I decided to do some of the exercises slightly differently the second time around to make it feel fresh and not so repetitive. For example, instead of doing the negative pull ups again I did negative inverted rows with my equalizer bars. Instead of chest presses on the ball I did chest fly's. When she used weight, I went with a slightly higher weight the second time around, etc. Just little twists to either make it more challenging on the second go around or just to keep it fresh. It was an excellent workout!

I added on this time (whereas with Iso Strength I was done when the 35 minutes were up!). I decided to add a little more lower body work so I did the "daisy duke lifted booty" workout from FitForceFX on youtube which was about 16 minutes. Then I did Ruthless Hardcore Circuit (just 15 minutes of it because I was DONE at that point! LOL). The whole thing came to just under an hour. I was feeling pretty cooked when I was done.
I altered the second half too a bit. I did more swings,TRX pulls etc.. Overall it was great!

"You finish when you are done not when you are tired."
David Goggins
macska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-16, 09:56 AM  
seww

I'm really, really loving this program!
I am having so much fun!
Sue
seww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-16, 10:24 AM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

So glad to hear the good reviews of this set. I did all the Hammer workouts, then got sidetracked by an ICE/XTrain rotation. A month of H&C has now moved towards the top of my "Next Rotations" list.

Tags
autumn, hammer and chisel, sagi