Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-03-15, 04:31 PM  
Zenara25

I'm really enjoying this show. Some can't stand Jillian but she doesn't really bother me. But anyways I mostly watch to see different styles of workouts. My favorite was the one called Plyoga (the episode was called 'Group Exercise Workouts'). It combined both Plyo and Yoga. I'd really love to try a DVD with this concept Maybe someday...

Anyone else have any favorites?
Zenara25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-15, 06:17 PM  
pfhanna

Some silly questions about this (sorry everyone). I never heard of her new show and didn't look it up but do they have workouts that you can actually do? Thanks all!!
Old 12-03-15, 06:54 PM  
Trixoo
VF Supporter

I'm enjoying this show, but thought I was the only one since Spike is now showing it at 3:00 a.m., at least in my area.

I also loved Plyoga...wish that woman hadn't ben cocky about not getting certification.

I really really liked the "bench" the guy developed (M Core) and want one.

And nope, they don't have workouts you can do...but interesting exercise concepts that we can dream about!
Trixoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-15, 07:45 PM  
Zenara25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trixoo View Post
I'm enjoying this show, but thought I was the only one since Spike is now showing it at 3:00 a.m., at least in my area.
I have my DVR record the episodes so I can watch at a better time than 3a But you can also watch them on their website too if you have a provider. http://www.spike.com/shows/sweat-inc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trixoo View Post
I also loved Plyoga...wish that woman hadn't ben cocky about not getting certification.
Yeah that was really a bad decision on her part
Old 12-03-15, 11:12 PM  
Rivercat
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenara25 View Post
I'm really enjoying this show. Some can't stand Jillian but she doesn't really bother me. But anyways I mostly watch to see different styles of workouts. My favorite was the one called Plyoga (the episode was called 'Group Exercise Workouts'). It combined both Plyo and Yoga. I'd really love to try a DVD with this concept Maybe someday...

Anyone else have any favorites?
I've been watching the series since the beginning and I think this is the first workout I really got excited about. I hope she continues to develop the idea.

~~~Inaugural Star Wars Half Marathon, Jan 2015~~~

"Work your own shovel" - John "The Penguin" Bingham
Rivercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-15, 06:44 AM  
Zenara25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivercat View Post
I've been watching the series since the beginning and I think this is the first workout I really got excited about. I hope she continues to develop the idea.
I do too. Or if it doesn't work out for her then maybe another instructor can hopefully..... Cathe, Amy Dixon, Kelly Coffey Meyer, Michelle Dozois all come to mind.
Old 12-04-15, 09:42 AM  
mle777

I've liked this show quite a bit. It combines two things that I really love: the concept of the tv show Shark Tank and fitness

When the Plyoga lady came on, my first thought was "ooh Beachbody is not going to let her keep that trademark!" It just seemed too close to Piyo. I was pleased to see that her concept was different than Chalene's. Though, I'll admit that her resistance to using certified yoga instructors was really annoying. This has been my annoyance with several of the competitors. You have three people in front of you that have been extremely successful in the fitness industry that are giving you free advice and you choose to ignore it?! It makes no sense to me.

Besides that, I've really enjoyed the show and I really want the workout bench that you can mount a bosu ball on

3x Tough Mudder
mle777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-15, 10:21 AM  
Zenara25

Quote:
Originally Posted by mle777 View Post
When the Plyoga lady came on, my first thought was "ooh Beachbody is not going to let her keep that trademark!" It just seemed too close to Piyo. I was pleased to see that her concept was different than Chalene's.
I had that same thought. Plyoga PiYo the names are quite similar.
Old 12-06-15, 09:50 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

I finally got caught up on the recent episodes on demand, since I can't watch it anymore when it comes on. Seriously, Spike? Reruns of Cops get better ratings?

I'm glad the piyoga woman was eliminated, she sounded very arrogant. It's too bad the club guy was eliminated at the beginning, though. It sounded like his workout was dinged mainly for being not extreme enough - well, a low-intensity club workout may be just the thing! Retool it to be more for beginners, it can even be done seated.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-15, 10:17 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivercat View Post
Looks like there's one, maybe two, ~45 min workouts on youtube you can try.
bee is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
jillian michaels, sweat inc