Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-25-14, 11:15 AM  
Maybelle

LoveVA, congratulations on your awesome results and thanks for sharing them! I don't have Brazil Butt Lift, but when I've checked it out it's seemed much less intense than Tonique. I'm impressed you were able to maintain/add to your Tonique results using it.

Would you mind posting the details/workouts of the Classic/Combination Rotation?
Maybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-14, 12:01 PM  
donnamp

Thanks for sharing! I keep thinking about doing this, but I am having such a mental block and resistance to rotations right now. Sounds like it would be a great get-in-shape-for-summer plan, though!

So, are you doing the double workouts called for in the Classic rotation?

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-14, 12:33 PM  
LoveVA

Maybelle, here is the thread with a list of the rotations. It’s in the second post (.doc file)

http://videofitness.com/~vfwnk/forum...d.php?t=175804

donnamp, I am doing the double workouts back-to-back. It’s tough on the days where you have to do Sculpt and another workout since Sculpt is 50 minutes by itself. On days where you have to pair Sculpt with another workout, you're looking at 80 minutes total (some people probably just do one in the AM, one in the PM). I already get up at 4.15am to work out, so I have to start earlier (closer to 4.00) and I eat breakfast at work on those days to leave more time for the workouts. The other double days are shorter, but still just under or over an hour. As I mentioned earlier, the rotation schedule I got with my set has taken a lot of those double days out. But I really like the double days, so I'm following the old Classic rotation that I linked to above.

Here is a list of the workouts as described by alisoncooks on Feb 16, 2011. I thought it was a good description and decided to just paste it here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
Brazil Butt Lift includes:
High & Tight ~ standing work and floor work, using band/ankle weights. Some traditional (like leg lifts and clams, some ballet-inspired like plies and Arabesque)
Bum Bum ~ near cardio-paced standing work (lots of squat variations, calf work on tip toes, etc)
Cardio Axe ~ dancy, Latin-based cardio
Tummy Tuck ~ very short ab workout (like 15 min)
Sculpt ~ total body toning (about an hour, uses weights)
The only thing I would say is that I think the Sculpt is more upper body than total body. There is some leg work, but this workout is really about your abs up to your shoulders.

High/Tight: I started out with the band that was included in the set, but had to graduate to a medium band after the second week as the original one was just too easy. I also am using ankle weights, gradually adding ounces as it becomes easier.

Bum Bum: I am giving my all on this one with no breaks or stopping. I would rank it as high intermediate if you do the moves with real intensity and with no breaks/stopping. I was pleasantly surprised by the intensity of this one.

Cardio Axe: dance-y. I was able to follow most of the moves, I would probably put this at low intermediate.

Tummy Tuck: Intermediate. Very effective if you follow his form pointers.

Sculpt: I’m using 8 lbs except for the triceps work where he has you hold two dumbbells in one hand; for those I use 5 lbs to double up to 10 lbs in one hand. I’ll move from 8 to 10 lbs as it gets easier. Solid intermediate

For month 2, I am going to sub in Rio Extreme for Sculpt (I bought the deluxe add-on DVDs also). Rio Extreme is supposed to be more of an advanced Sculpt with some cardio blasts.
LoveVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-14, 12:58 PM  
met fan

I have thought about getting these for awhile but have limited space. Dose it require lot of space? I have about 4 by 7 feet. Thanks.
met fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-14, 01:25 PM  
LoveVA

Quote:
Originally Posted by met fan View Post
I have thought about getting these for awhile but have limited space. Dose it require lot of space? I have about 4 by 7 feet. Thanks.
Not too much space at all. Cardio Axe has a couple of moves where you need to be able to move to the right and left 2 paces. Bum Bum has a move towards the end where you need to move back 4 paces so that you can do frog hops forward. Sculpt and Tummy Tuck take up very little space.
LoveVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-14, 02:20 PM  
T2B

Awesome results!!! Congrats!

Can't wait to see what kind of results you'll get after Month 2.

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-14, 03:54 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzbnmom View Post
Those are some nice results! Congratulations! Thanks for sharing your analysis too, it's very interesting. Hearing about others' good results is so motivating. Good luck with Month 2!
Agree with all of this! Yes - best of luck in Month 2.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-14, 11:07 PM  
SuzieC

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveVA View Post
Maybelle, here is the thread with a list of the rotations. It’s in the second post (.doc file)

http://videofitness.com/~vfwnk/forum...d.php?t=175804

donnamp, I am doing the double workouts back-to-back. It’s tough on the days where you have to do Sculpt and another workout since Sculpt is 50 minutes by itself. On days where you have to pair Sculpt with another workout, you're looking at 80 minutes total (some people probably just do one in the AM, one in the PM). I already get up at 4.15am to work out, so I have to start earlier (closer to 4.00) and I eat breakfast at work on those days to leave more time for the workouts. The other double days are shorter, but still just under or over an hour. As I mentioned earlier, the rotation schedule I got with my set has taken a lot of those double days out. But I really like the double days, so I'm following the old Classic rotation that I linked to above.

Here is a list of the workouts as described by alisoncooks on Feb 16, 2011. I thought it was a good description and decided to just paste it here.

The only thing I would say is that I think the Sculpt is more upper body than total body. There is some leg work, but this workout is really about your abs up to your shoulders.

High/Tight: I started out with the band that was included in the set, but had to graduate to a medium band after the second week as the original one was just too easy. I also am using ankle weights, gradually adding ounces as it becomes easier.

Bum Bum: I am giving my all on this one with no breaks or stopping. I would rank it as high intermediate if you do the moves with real intensity and with no breaks/stopping. I was pleasantly surprised by the intensity of this one.

Cardio Axe: dance-y. I was able to follow most of the moves, I would probably put this at low intermediate.

Tummy Tuck: Intermediate. Very effective if you follow his form pointers.

Sculpt: I’m using 8 lbs except for the triceps work where he has you hold two dumbbells in one hand; for those I use 5 lbs to double up to 10 lbs in one hand. I’ll move from 8 to 10 lbs as it gets easier. Solid intermediate

For month 2, I am going to sub in Rio Extreme for Sculpt (I bought the deluxe add-on DVDs also). Rio Extreme is supposed to be more of an advanced Sculpt with some cardio blasts.
Wow your results are impressive! Now I'm considering this after I finish my 21 day fix rotation. I'm also doing TA but it hasn't done much for my legs. Is there a rotation that comes with the deluxe add-on DVDs? Can you give an example of what the deluxe rotation looks like (if there is one?) I could only find the rotation for the basic set in various posts here.
SuzieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-14, 07:12 AM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Congratulations!!

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-14, 08:00 AM  
andtckrtoo

Way to go!! Now you have me wanting to do BBL again. They are not easy.

Tags
bbl, brazil butt lift, leandro carvalho