Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-20-13, 01:01 PM  
willowey124

Question for all JNL Fusion Fans

Hi All,

I took the plunge and purchased JNL Fusion and have been really enjoying the workouts. I have just completed Week 3, but am seeing absolutely no difference in my shape or weight (possibly even gained a pound or two )

My question for all those of you who had such great results with this programme is: at what point did you start to see the results? I know some of you have had amazing results with JNL where nothing else had worked, and I was kind of hoping for some of the same.

I am teetering on the edge of giving up, although I do love this programme and find the workouts challenging but doable. However, my goal is inch and weightloss, so if a programme other than JNL will help me achieve this then I maybe I need to knock JNL on the head?

Any advice/reassurance would be greatly appreciated!

Kaz x
willowey124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-13, 04:48 PM  
beospenser

I love her workouts---- the 30 seconds of strength followed by 30 seconds of cardio really work for me. But I don't think any one workout is a miracle solution. Maybe you need to either add on an extra 30 minutes of cardio each day or cut your calories a bit? For me, if I'm trying to lose weight 30 minutes while not watching my nutrition just isn't going to cut it.
beospenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-13, 08:03 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

I think 3 weeks is too early to think a program is not doing something for you, I think you should give it at least 6 weeks?, and if you are enjoying the workouts just keep it up and don't get discouraged that soon, also remember that nutrition is 80% and exercises is only 20% for weight loss, also don't forget that each person respond dif. to a program, and sometimes even you don't see changes on the scale, with pics from before/after you can see the difference, and sometimes a pound or two can be from more muscle tone.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-13, 08:56 PM  
Yoyogirl72

I just finished my 2nd week of JNLF. I haven't noticed a change yet in weight but I have made strength gains---I use 8 lb weights for shoulder shredder which is up from the 5 lb weights I used the first time. Also I've noticed a flattening of the "kangaroo pouch" as she calls it. . As long as I control what I eat I think I'm going to be very happy with the results. I'm loving the program so far.
Yoyogirl72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-13, 10:21 PM  
Tiny

Kaz, stick with it if you respond well to cardio. I did this program last summer and even though i didn't notice a change visually my pants fit much looser in the waist and hips area. I'm the type that needs cardio for my body type though. I agree that giving it only 3 weeks is not enough time. We all respond differently, so you if like JNL i would say just see it through. I also doubled up the workouts when i could, like i would do shoulder shredder with a cardio one that was listed for the same week.

I'm starting it again tomorrow but doing the rotation differently just to change it up. I'll do JNL for 2 weeks then a freebie week then back to 2 weeks of JNL.

H.O.P.E.=Hold On Pain Ends
D.I.E.T.=Did I Eat That

"If I fall, I will get back up. If I am beaten, I will return."
"Strong is what happens when you run out of weak."
"As the New Year dawns we look back on a year of upheaval through the world and through our lives as well. Life is difficult. For those of us raised with the illusion that if we go to school, work hard, all will be well, that illusion dies hard."
Tiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-13, 12:43 AM  
mbcatac7

I had improved my fitness overall. I did have some nice weight loss. But I did use my WW app. I was not on a strict diet..but try to make sure I was not overeating.
Old 10-21-13, 08:28 AM  
rcmims

Hi, was just wondering if anyone doing this program.Do you need the cordless jump rope, any if so is some else you can purchase a less pricey one.
Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
rcmims
rcmims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-13, 12:04 PM  
buffmama

I am currently at the end of week 5 of the 8 week rotation that was recently posted in GD. I did 2 weeks prior to that of the shorter 2 week rotation and then switched since I was used to doing more and wanted to make additional gains. I have made strength gains that I noticed after the 3 week mark,mostly in my upper body. The more I do the workouts the more I modify to make them work for me: I do alternating curls or front raises for example so I can lift heavier. I don't do the squat with alternating side kick since I think it's hard to get into the proper foot alignment after the squat so I started doing these unilaterally also this AM. I would keep at it. I find that the slow changes are the ones that stick. Good luck.

rcmims: I don't use a jump rope - I just pretend and it's still fun.
buffmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-13, 12:28 PM  
Debbie

I'm just starting the 6th week today and I am noticing some nice improvements in my arms mostly and my waist has also slimmed down...I carry my weight in my torso, so it's slower to show the results that I see in my already slender arms and legs.

I tried to follow along with the dvds, but I personally found it bothered me becasue there was too much talk and I felt this cut into the effectiveness of the workout. I ended up writing down the all the workouts, setting my own gymboss interval timer and I feel I'm now getting a great workout! Doing so cut down the time of the workouts quite a bit, so I now add on Kiss My Abs 'cardio style' to the end of most workouts. Kiss My Abs 'cardio style', I jump rope in between each ab move and do the circuit twice. Also, I use a jump rope rather than the cordless jump rope.

I was worried at the beginning of this program because felt I was getting puffy, but I feel that has subsided now. All my measurements are down except my biceps...their up .5"!

I say stick it out, watch what you eat and you will definitely see some positive results!

Tags
cordless jump rope, jnl fusion