Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-13, 12:31 PM  
BunnyHop

I think it's been said before, but I'll say it again.

I wish some instructor would make a dvd with a bunch of different warmups. No actual workouts, just great warm ups. Something to do just after I wake up would need to be slower starting and more comprehensive; something for late in the day could be briefer. (I really do find I'm more limber later in the day; first thing in the AM I'm kinda creaky.)

I'd like a variety to choose from!! And cool downs to do afterwards would be fine as well.

I don't always do a dvd workout, but I always need a warm up. I want something to do before I get on my rebounder, or reach for dumbbells, or before a body weight workout I do on my own.

I always have the feeling that when I do a warmup spontaneously, just on my own, that I haven't done enough, or that I've left out a muscle group or something. It's distracting, and I'd rather just focus on the workout.

Also, as I get older, I find it's safer to get an actual warmup before I even go out for a walk!
BunnyHop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-13, 01:42 PM  
hedygs
VF Supporter

JNL talking about you here.
hedygs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-13, 02:55 PM  
dela

I pulled out Delta Fit this week, and forgot he does not do any warmup before he starts, it is annoying. Although I remember reading he said the first round is warmup like, but it wasn't, at least for the Metabolic Matrix workout. After my initial shock at no warm up, I paused the dvd and did a foam roll and then some moves from the RAMP warmup from Drop 2 Sizes. I have been using that combo as a warmup lately for a lot of workouts, and even just on its own.
dela is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
warm ups, warm-up