Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-23-13, 01:23 PM  
bayportsmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by holliholli915 View Post
Sure! I have been doing TA as my core system for months now and have slowly added in DB and Tonique which is why I know exactly how they've changed my body. TA gives amazing results. But, cross-training with other styles just supplements the work of her workouts. I'm not sure why she's opposed to anyone doing anything other than her system, especially when they all just compliment each other.

The first week I added DB, I dropped 4.2 pounds and I only added it once. Since then, my arms are much more toned as well as my abs and inner thighs. Overall, with DB, I'm leaner...much leaner.

When I added Tonique, my whole lower body began to take shape and get smaller. Plus, my thighs and back body began taking better shape. I was really worried that I would bulk up. But, these boards convinced me to at least try it. I am not sorry! I only use Tonique once per week. But, I plan to increase to twice next month by using it as cardio on one of my TA days. Overall, I'm way leaner and way stronger than with just barre and noticed a marked change in endurance when I added DB.

Here's my rotation:

Su: TA Dance Cardio and TA Meta Hip MS
Mon: Barre (I usually do anything from Barre3, P57, PB, Exhale, Xtend, etc.)
Tu: TA Dance Cardio and TA Meta Hip MS
Wed: Rest
Th: TA Dance Cardio and TA Meta Hip MS
Fri: DB
Sa: Tonique Premiere

As mentioned, next month, I plan to add Tonique 2 as cardio to one of the TA days in place of dance cardio. I'll still do MS on that day. Hope I can do it!

Good luck!
Thank you! And wow, great results! :-)
bayportsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-13, 07:09 AM  
windyh
VF Supporter

Is the set any easier than the original? I like the original but injured my foot - guess I should just use it with shoes. Also had to modify ALLOT and slow it down. Just got TA Mat on sale at Walmart. Would TA help me work up to the original DB? I am interested in the set but would like to use what I have in hopes the set will come down in $ or if we could get individual WO's from the set.
windyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-13, 07:49 AM  
SharonH
VF Supporter

I thought Tracy Anderson's Mat Workout was a piece of cake next to Dream Body.
SharonH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-13, 08:04 AM  
holliholli915

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonH View Post
I thought Tracy Anderson's Mat Workout was a piece of cake next to Dream Body.
I agree 100%. You'll still get results from TA. But, when you add DB to your rotation, TA gets considerably easy.
holliholli915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-13, 08:40 AM  
PhyllisG

OK Now you guys are scaring me. I am afraid these will be too difficult. I was a Cathe fan forever then moved on to fusion workouts. I like and can do TA Omni, P57, Les Mills Pump, Michelle Carmichael's Fuel series. I assume DB can be modified and worked up to in terms of speed and reps.
I don't want to spend money on something that would have a major dread factor--especially that much money.
Does Mary take returns if you don't like them?
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-13, 11:07 AM  
edensmom

TA Mat is nothing like Dream Body. In Dream Body there are ballet burpees, mtn climbers, plank jacks, jump from squat into lunge back into squat, and other moves like these. These moves are interspersed with floorwork-abs, pushups, legs lifts, tricep dips etc. There are also squat and lunge variations.

Phyllis, they are fast paced but honestly the first time is the worst. Like, what the heck, pause and rewind. They go right into everything, no taking a break to explain anything. They keep it MOVING. But once you know what is coming the workout does not seem so fast. Also I think the instructors' speech patterns (very fast) do a lot towards that effect. And yes Mary accepts returns.

Last edited by edensmom; 03-24-13 at 11:13 AM. Reason: typo
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-13, 11:25 AM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by edensmom View Post
TA Mat is nothing like Dream Body. In Dream Body there are ballet burpees, mtn climbers, plank jacks, jump from squat into lunge back into squat, and other moves like these. These moves are interspersed with floorwork-abs, pushups, legs lifts, tricep dips etc. There are also squat and lunge variations.

Phyllis, they are fast paced but honestly the first time is the worst. Like, what the heck, pause and rewind. They go right into everything, no taking a break to explain anything. They keep it MOVING. But once you know what is coming the workout does not seem so fast. Also I think the instructors' speech patterns (very fast) do a lot towards that effect. And yes Mary accepts returns.
I agree. Phyllis, I think you'll be fine. Modify and take breaks when you need. You will be pushing yourself and feeling so accomplished when you're done, not wiped out.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-13, 06:47 PM  
PhyllisG

Thanks! I have watched the clips over and over. What I noticed is that if it is on mute the workouts don't seem fast. It is only when listening to the instructors that they have a frantic feel. They all sound out of breath. OK now it is just ordering--been in my cart for days.
Old 03-24-13, 08:04 PM  
altinker

I bout a 55cm ball I need to blow up. I am going to use it tonight with the Original Dreambody. I think this workout will probably be beyond my fitness level, but we'll see. I'll give it a go and do what I can. Just previewing the original dreambody, it looks pretty challenging.
altinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-13, 08:27 PM  
PhyllisG

I finally fell off the fence and ordered. Hope Mary gets them out first thing tomorrow a.m.

Tags
dream body fusion