Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-10-13, 01:27 PM  
Eibhinn

Agree with all said here, although I'm not sure that Squeeze Stronger can be beat when it comes to absolutely ridiculous warm-ups (hyper-fast "use your heaviest weight" deadlifts straight off the bat). Echoing Joni O's very good point, the first time I used Squeeze Stronger I did the upper-body premix and ended up with doms in my hamstrings for several days (and none at all in my upper body) strictly because of the insane warm-up.
Eibhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-13, 01:27 PM  
Gams

I'm just the opposite - I'd rather not have a long warm up and cool down. I'm perfectly happy doing what I need on my own and having a larger portion of the DVD dedicated to the "meat" of the workout. I feel like I get more bang for my buck that way and I like doing my own thing for the warm up/cool down.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-13, 01:33 PM  
JanaK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
I'm just the opposite - I'd rather not have a long warm up and cool down. I'm perfectly happy doing what I need on my own and having a larger portion of the DVD dedicated to the "meat" of the workout. I feel like I get more bang for my buck that way and I like doing my own thing for the warm up/cool down.
Me too.
Old 01-10-13, 01:38 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
My feelings exactly! I can take care of my own warm up and cool down. I prefer that majority of the time is spent on the actual workout.
Old 01-10-13, 01:39 PM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

Quote:
Ah, that's why I suggested the chapter points. It should be simple enough to chapter a dvd these days, I would think, so you could skip the warm up (if you're so inclined) by pressing the chapter forward button on the dvd remote. Patrick G drives me crazy that he doesn't chapter his workouts. I can't tell you how many times I've fallen behind the moves on one of his, went to press rewind and accidently pressed the chapter back button which immediately took me to the beginning of the workout. Talk about raising my heart rate as I'm sitting there going ARRRGGHHHH!!! lol
Old 01-10-13, 01:52 PM  
dela

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy G View Post
... If I could, I'd love to string them all together and make a "light day" workout but I don't buy the downloads or use the workout blender...

Kathy G
Kathy, if you don't have it, you may want to check out KCM Cardio Quick Fix, this workout to me, even when healing from a back injury, felt like one long warmup (in a good way).
dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-13, 01:54 PM  
cpcathy

Quote:
I totally agree. I love Petra Kolber, but I actually ditched one of her workouts because the warmup was ridiculously long! Let's get on with the workout already!

Nobody Said It was Easy.... --The Scientist
cpcathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-13, 01:58 PM  
JP44

I really like Cathe's warm ups in the Xtrain series dvds. She has some different moves & they do a very good job prepping for the upcoming workout. Same thing w/ the Cross Fire & To The Max warm ups.

Joan
JP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-13, 02:09 PM  
ellaenchanted

I like having the option of skipping the warm up. So, please chapter the workouts! Most days I am already warm and dont need one but, otjerbdays I do.
ellaenchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-13, 02:16 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
And please film the appropriate warm-up for each pre-mix. I don't need to warm up my legs for 5 minutes when I'm doing the upper body premix just because you only filmed one warm-up for everything!
This is a semi-hijack, but I would like to see a decent stretch segment and not the same one for an entire series. I noticed this in Cathe's STS series. I was so tired of the same stretch routine by the time I finished the rotation that I swore I would never use it again.

I also like the 2 warm up options that KCM used---I don't always need a lengthy warm up depending on what workout I'm doing.
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cooldown, warm ups, warm-up