Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-11-12, 07:26 PM  
Arielle96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artist of Eyes View Post
Dead lifts are a girls best friend! I love them, all varieties of them! They are so good for developing the tush, rounding it, and strengthening the back and core at the same time- good for those of us (I mean me) that hate core work on the floor. I have the indent you are talking about. It's a feature I love and you're right DLs with heavy weights can make it happen.

Same with quats and dead lifts. It's a very good techinique to employ. If you find you (anyone) has issues remembering this, place your toes onto 3 lbs dumbbells and it will force you to push into your heels. If you are advanced and your balance is good, you can place you heels on the dumbbells which again forces balance and required you to push into the heels. Same thing but it changes the gravitity and the second option is considered advanced and not for the clumsy person as you can fall or rock forward to easily.

Although both aren't an option for tall box climbs.
I used to go to a Personal Trainer and she used to have me do deadlifts with 25 pounds in each hand. She also used the 3 pound weights under my heels and then under my toes for extra balance and stretch. I never had the "thut" indent until I did those. I remember the first time I saw it in the mirror...I was like "Holy Crap...where have you been hiding?"!!!
Arielle96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-12, 07:43 PM  
Artist of Eyes

I did some dead lifts today before my cardio workout and I just love them! With the wide-stande DLs my Abs were firing like no other. You get a nice core workout from DLs in general but I find the Abs really do work a little harder with wide stance; I could feel my upper abs really pulling hard! Good Mornings and single-leg DLs are 2 other exercises I did today and I highly recommend them!

I am glad you found your indent!

I did tall box climbs on a 12 inch platform done at a slow pace (4-4 pace) and it allowed me to really dig deep into the glutes and hamstrings. While you will still feel the work in your quads, it's a secondary muscle group working. So I highly recommend slowing the pace down on Tall Box Climbs. I have had 2 knee surgeries, missing connective tissues as a result, and arthritis in my right knee. I felt no pain with going at the slower pace and it really did benefit my behind!

" We have to embrace who we are today. We have to say, this is me, and I can live a wonderful life today." FitBoop

"Walking is Man's Best Medicine for Life" Hippocrates

"Of all exercises walking is the best." Thomas Jefferson

"Thoughts come clearly while one walks." Thomas Mann
Artist of Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-12, 08:47 PM  
Arielle96

If memory serves me correctly in Weights First (Fitprime with Tracie Long) she really describes the way to do leg presses so you feel it in the glutes. Also some of the WHFN's go into detail about leg presses and proper form. I've heard about Sponge Bob butt for years on fitness forums...thank God it hasn't happened to me.
Arielle96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-12, 10:06 PM  
Artist of Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arielle96 View Post
If memory serves me correctly in Weights First (Fitprime with Tracie Long) she really describes the way to do leg presses so you feel it in the glutes. Also some of the WHFN's go into detail about leg presses and proper form. I've heard about Sponge Bob butt for years on fitness forums...thank God it hasn't happened to me.
LOL! I love SpongeBob, but I wouldn't want that butt!

" We have to embrace who we are today. We have to say, this is me, and I can live a wonderful life today." FitBoop

Old 06-11-12, 10:13 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arielle96 View Post
I used to go to a Personal Trainer and she used to have me do deadlifts with 25 pounds in each hand. She also used the 3 pound weights under my heels and then under my toes for extra balance and stretch. I never had the "thut" indent until I did those. I remember the first time I saw it in the mirror...I was like "Holy Crap...where have you been hiding?"!!!
Sory for my glute ignorance but I can't quite picture what is meant by this thutt indent..? What does it look like?
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-12, 10:16 PM  
Artist of Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Sory for my glute ignorance but I can't quite picture what is meant by this thutt indent..? What does it look like?
It's an awesome curve in between the Butt Cheek and Upper Hamstring. When you have this indent it creates a very tight looking C-curve. The more built the hamstrings and glutes, the more pronounced the indent is.

Tags
butt, fanny lifter, glutes, heels elevated, results, spongebob butt