Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-20-11, 01:03 PM  
MARIKA

Not Carrie but I would give it at least a month. Just keep going like I tell myself "It's only 30 min!"
Old 10-20-11, 02:32 PM  
flamingoo

Thanks- I guess I need to give it a little more time.
flamingoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-11, 02:43 PM  
carres1973

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingoo View Post
Carrie- just curious about one thing. How far into meta before you really felt the results. I need some motivation and maybe a little reality check
It probably was a good month, or maybe even closer to two, before I really started seeing noticeable results. I remember in one level TA says something like you should be seeing results in your arms because that is where women normally notice the change first. Mine was actually in my abs and thighs. I think it all depends on how much you have to lose and from where.

Carrie
carres1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-11, 02:56 PM  
momof10

TA says that about seeing results in your arms in Level 5. I just finished that level of OMNI and Abcentric. I started noticing a difference around the 5 week mark or so, especially in my abs and love handles. I have noticed that my triceps have gotten much more developed, too. I know that is from the all fours work. I am absolutely loving meta. I find it challenging and addictive. I love how the moves change, but are similar in all the levels. I just started Level 6 of OMNI and she throws in quite a few new twists in this one.

Cheryl
momof10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-11, 03:04 PM  
flamingoo

Thanks for responding everyone. Me and a friend are starting yet again. She's only on level one, I believe and I will be starting level 3 disc one of hip next week. So far I haven't seen much change, but I guess I'm a little early in the game hey? The third time must be the ticket. I've tried 2x prior and just couldn't do it, but switched to hip after level one of omni and there isn't as much dread for me- yet
flamingoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-13, 09:42 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Reviving old thread...

...I just got TA's Mat Workout and tried it for the first time today. I wasn't sure if I'd like her, but I enjoyed the workout a lot! (My one problem was that during the standing leg work, my supporting leg felt fatigued way more quickly than the working leg--has this happened to anyone else?)

Anyway, I'm a pear, and I'm wondering if just using this workout once per week might be often enough to see results. (If it matters, I'm already at a healthy weight, but I wouldn't mind slimming down the lower body more! ) I know Tracy wants you to just do her Method, but I enjoy my other workouts, so I really can't see doing the Mat Workout more than once, maybe twice per week.

What do you all think? Are people still using this workout? Thanks for the help!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-13, 10:00 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

hi beth - yes sometimes my standing leg gets more tired than the working leg! And holding arms out sometimes the same thing happens. To be honest I did not get much results with TA until I switched to meta, but I did not do MAT 1-2x week prior to that. I did have weight to lose so MAT might be enough. Terrie
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-13, 10:06 PM  
LaCatrina

Hi Beth and Terrie! I didn't do much of TA's workouts until I decided to go back to Meta. Even though I've been doing consistently my Omni workouts the original Mat doesn't get any easier. The arm section is killer, and the standing legs still make me sweat like nobody's business.

Love the music also. It never gets old. If you liked the Mat I bet you'll like the Postpregnancy DVD. That's enough to try the now-famous fuzzie's rotation
Old 01-09-13, 10:17 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaCatrina View Post
Hi Beth and Terrie! I didn't do much of TA's workouts until I decided to go back to Meta. Even though I've been doing consistently my Omni workouts the original Mat doesn't get any easier. The arm section is killer, and the standing legs still make me sweat like nobody's business.

Love the music also. It never gets old. If you liked the Mat I bet you'll like the Postpregnancy DVD. That's enough to try the now-famous fuzzie's rotation
Where have I been? Apparently that rotation is not as famous as you think! Where can I read about it?
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-13, 10:20 PM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
Where have I been? Apparently that rotation is not as famous as you think! Where can I read about it?
I was going to post the same thing.

Beth, I'd try shooting for at least twice a week for your lower body. Yes, my non working leg gets fatigued. The sand thing happens during her mat work.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
inner thighs, pear, tracy anderson, tracy anderson results