Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-11, 08:33 AM  
CindyC923

Hi,

I have been using TA for about 2 months now. Not sure if I am exactly a pear but I am only 5' 2" and tend to have heavier legs than I would like. I have about 10 lbs to lose. I am not fitting into several pants and shirts that did not fit me before TA. I use PD 2 & 3 and Mat. I recently got PP and try to do that 3 times a week. Really give the abs a nice pulled in feeling. I think you have enough TA DVDs (PD and Mat) to do a rotation without using Omni and still see results. I have Meta Hip and not using that much due to the fast pace and all 4's lower body work gets boring to me. I have not followed TA eating plan but overall have decreased how much I eat.
So

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingoo View Post
So I've been really off the last two weeks. My sister and kids were in town and then my youngest had surgery and now a possible bacterial infection. One of these days I will get back on track. I was thinking of doing a posslible barre/ TA rotation, but I have so many TA dvds I'm thinking of just trying a TA rotation . I didn't like omni too much, but was thinking of starting out w/ pp and then rotating mat and pd series. I hear soo many great things about what Tracy does for the upper body and abs, but I want to hear about the lower body. I'm a heavy pear and want to make the most out of my time. That's why I go back and forth between TA and barre. I have never really given her a full rotation. Will I like what she does for my lower body? How long do you usually give a program to see results before you try something else. I plan on walking for cardio. Thanks soo much- sorry if I'm rambling I didn't get much sleep last night
CindyC923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-11, 08:34 AM  
CindyC923

correction

Correction on my typo:

I am NOW fitting into clothes that did not fit before TA rotation.
Sorry about that.

Cindy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyC923 View Post
Hi,

I have been using TA for about 2 months now. Not sure if I am exactly a pear but I am only 5' 2" and tend to have heavier legs than I would like. I have about 10 lbs to lose. I am not fitting into several pants and shirts that did not fit me before TA. I use PD 2 & 3 and Mat. I recently got PP and try to do that 3 times a week. Really give the abs a nice pulled in feeling. I think you have enough TA DVDs (PD and Mat) to do a rotation without using Omni and still see results. I have Meta Hip and not using that much due to the fast pace and all 4's lower body work gets boring to me. I have not followed TA eating plan but overall have decreased how much I eat.
So
CindyC923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-11, 09:58 AM  
Honeydew

I"d like to know Fuzzie's 2 week rotation too, I don't remember reading it and I read ALL the TA threads!

as for results I think I needed to stick with it longer...no results in my lower body but upper body and abs were looking good~and like everyone else my clothes were fitting better. I never got the definition on the sides of my legs which I would love to have. Right now I"m doing another week of Powerfit after that I plan to do workouts that I have and have never done and then finally, I will start another TA rotation and see what happens but I tend to get bored and will probably add other stuff.
Honeydew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-11, 12:59 PM  
flamingoo

I think the thread is gone because it is so old, not sure how long they're saved for. I was able to google Tracy Anderson 2 week rotation and it popped up- so try that.
flamingoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-11, 01:26 PM  
Cassy

This one? http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...erson+rotation
Cassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-11, 03:10 PM  
flamingoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassy View Post

No- I think it was from 2009? It was an old thread
Old 08-31-11, 08:03 PM  
furmomof6

I think this was Fuzzie's plan, taken from this thread (hope she doesn't mind me posting!):
http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...=127277&page=5

Ali's experiment motivated me to try using Tracy's workouts exclusively for two weeks. Except for trying a new workout one day, I adhered to the following plan:

Day 1: Mat Workout
Day 2: PostPreg + Dance Aerobics
Day 3: Dance Cardio + long stretch

You can read her results in the original thread.

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-11, 09:07 PM  
IvysMom

yes, furmom..that's it. sorry. i got home from hospital this morning, and just now getting back to reading on vf
IvysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-11, 05:25 AM  
flamingoo

O.k so I'm going to start a TA rotation next week, or at least try to I have most of her dvds. So my question for all of you TA die hard fans who have done them all is this: if you had 1.5 hours ( 30-45 minutes cardio and then one of her dvds) would you stick with meta or did you get better results from mixing in her other dvds. Sorry for so many " results" questions. I just want to make the best out of my time and really want to get back into a routine. Meta defiantly fits my time bill, but I feel like I could also break up her other workouts. And the fact that her other dvds have standing legs also, I'm wondering if they would provide better results. The other option I was thinking of was to give meta another shot and maybe throw in fluidity lower body, which is only 20 minutes, 2-3 times a week. I really value all your opinions.
Robyn
Old 10-20-11, 11:58 AM  
flamingoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by carres1973 View Post
flamingoo - I would say I am a pretty classic pear (with a big tummy pooch because of two c-sections). I am currently doing TAs Hip Continuity (after having completed Meta Hip in June). I would say the results have been PHENOMENAL. I will preface what follows with I have been eating 80% clean since BEFORE I started TA Meta so some results are from diet but I think the vast majority of the shrinking has actually been because of TA and Meta Hip.

I didn't take measurements (dumb, I know) but I have lost a total of 28.2 pounds (however, I have/had A LOT to lose) and have gone down 3 sizes. I can now buy clothes from the "regular" section of stores! Granted, the size is XL but still!!!

I have seen my thighs shrink. I even have that definition line on the side of my thighs (in the right light; with my leg held just so). I also have the definition/indent line starting on the sides of my abs. Same thing with arms. I have lots lots of inches in my hips. Again, I didn't measure but I can tell from the way clothes fit. They also feel more "pulled in" if that makes sense... The only place I don't really feel I have shrunk is my calves. However, I have very muscular calves so there really isn't any fat to lose!

I hope this helps.

Carrie

Carrie- just curious about one thing. How far into meta before you really felt the results. I need some motivation and maybe a little reality check

Tags
inner thighs, pear, tracy anderson, tracy anderson results