Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-30-11, 05:24 PM  
Scbayless

My TA Meta. Omni results story

Shelley wrote her experience with hips, so I figured I'd do a write up of me with Omni. to balance out the TA thing. And I didn't come with any TA experience really.

My experience with Meta. Omni-

The INTENSITY phase:
I gave birth to my little girl on July 16th. I like most moms wanted to loose the baby pooch as soon as possible. I didn’t really have much baby fat to lose, but still looked pregnant, and that was annoying. I started working out about a week after having my baby (I worked out HARD through out my whole pregnancy so this wasn’t hard for me). I listened to my body and worked in to it slowly. I quickly started adding more and more intensity to try and get rid of the pooch. Lots of core work and working out longer amounts of time with high impact stuff. I tried a little bit of insanity, lots of cathe. I gained about ten pounds and started to be really unhappy with my results for how hard I was working. I was at a point where things didn’t even wind me, so I was pushing harder, and see no results besides endurance.

For Christmas I got my self the TA Post pregnancy dvd. This really started it. I had the mat work out already sitting on my shelf, and it hadn’t clicked with me really. So I did the PP and WOW that ab work was HARD. Hardest ab work I’d ever done. So I decided to get her book just to read up on form. I got it in a trade. I started to “get” the whole Tracy thing, even if some of the things she said was goofy. I decided to trade for a Meta. Set in the spring.

The start:
I had never done a full 90 day rotation, or even a formal rotation except ones off of Cathe’s site. I was scared to do something TEN TIMES IN A ROW (I’m a veriety junky normally). BUT I wanted to see what it’d do for me, so I decided to do it five days a week, and give my self a “free day” on Saturdays to visit my other “friends” lol. I started at 137lbs (at 5’9) and full time nursing. I treat my work out time as my personal time, so I got up nice and early to fit it all in. I did TA Meta and some cardio after that. I decided to learn her dance as well. I thought if I’m going to do this, I’m going to do it right. I’m KLUTZY by the way, and slow at learning these things. It took me around 8 or 9 weeks to learn DC 08, but I did it!

Results?
I’m 11 pounds down at 126, wearing the smallest size I’ve ever worn in my life. My thighs are smaller, and my baby belly went down with in 20 days of the program. I’m much stronger in my ability to hold planks. I’ve lost zero arm strength. In fact I’ve gained. I can still do my cathe lifting dvds that I was doing before just fine. My push ups are stronger and have better form. My ability to engage with my body in all my other non-TA work outs are amazingly improved. So mentally, and physically, I am better for doing this program. No injuries of any kind. I didn’t skip any days at all and did all levels 10 times. I didn’t sub out any moves. My wrists are tweaky so I doubled up my mats for the all fours work.

My report on the program:
Frustrations :
1) TA does some of the moves differently from one side to the other. So annoying. Keep track of that for sure if you are doing the program.
2) The music gets so old
3) Wear a bra TA!
4) Use a hand mirror to see the TV to keep good form or else you can’t do it right (didn’t figure that one out till like level three!)
5) Only cueing on one side is lame but whatever
6) sometimes dread for the harder levels, but since it’s only 30 minutes and I always do it first thing, I just get it done.
7) Her inconsistency with rights and lefts. You have to KNOW what side you are trying to work and kind of ignore which leg she's using.

So all in all, I would say that if you are looking to tone up, and you are in a work out rut, this is the magic bullet, at least for me.
Old 06-30-11, 05:29 PM  
moonbeam31

WOW! Sounds like you did really good! I have Meta Omni and really need to commit! Thanks for the update and I agree with your complaints of how she does moves differently from one side to the next. She does that in PDS as well. Oh well....
moonbeam31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-11, 07:12 PM  
kariev34

great results! congrats!
kariev34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-11, 07:31 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Congratulations!! Great results!!
Old 06-30-11, 07:32 PM  
rad

Thanks so much for taking the time to post. Sounds amazing. Well done. You sound proud and should be.
rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-11, 07:38 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Excellent post and results, Sarah! Congratulations!!!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-11, 08:12 PM  
mle777

Yay! Great job!

3x Tough Mudder
mle777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-11, 08:20 PM  
mizach
VF Supporter

Congratulations!
mizach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-11, 11:04 PM  
saffron

Great post - Congratulations on your results

The couple of times that I've done Omni I actually took the time to rewind to the beginning (of the floor work) so that I could get both sides perfectly even - but I'm anal that way LOL
saffron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-11, 07:17 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Congratulations! I enjoyed reading about your journey with TA. Well done.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
metamorphosis, omnicentric, tracy anderson, tracy anderson meta, tracy anderson results