Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-11, 07:22 AM  
Blackadar

I'm assuming you're talking about Metamorphosis by Tracy Anderson? I'm a guy so this one hasn't popped up on my radar, but saw the infomercial this morning and it looked like it might be interesting for the wife. Is this the Tracy Anderson program to get or is there a different series that's better?
Old 06-14-11, 07:58 AM  
sherry7899

Blackadar, there have been several threads about injuries (back/hips/shoulder) from using the Metamorphasis system, so please do some research here first. I guess I shouldn't really comment since I don't have the workouts, but I wanted to let you know.

It's really sweet that you're thinking of your wife, though! Is she still enjoying Turbo Jam?

Sherry
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-11, 08:09 AM  
CarlaVeg

wow those are amazing results congrats!

I was actually talking about meta results with my DH last night. I have only gained 1 lbs since stopping meta (I did 42 days of it), but my clothes don't fit as good as they did when I was doing meta. It definitely changed my shape then. My abs were super flat and had less saddle bags... my arms looked better too.... meta gave me the best results I've seen with any rotation.

Unfortunately I have a back injury that was aggravated by meta so I had to quit. I wish I could continue because I truly believe TA delivers results if you are consistent with her method!

Carla
CarlaVeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-11, 08:10 AM  
jazzy75

Congrats. These posts have me wanting to do a TA rotation but I am so concerned about losing muscle definition in my arms. what to do...what to do!??!

I can't believe the results with such little cardio either !! Another reason for me putting off the TA rotation is the time to do the MS work would cut into my much-loved cardio time. I lean towards weight training that has a cardio effect whereas hers burn very few calories. I know I'm probably too hung up on the #'s on my HRM sometimes!!
Old 06-14-11, 08:10 AM  
sunnyside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackadar View Post
I'm assuming you're talking about Metamorphosis by Tracy Anderson? I'm a guy so this one hasn't popped up on my radar, but saw the infomercial this morning and it looked like it might be interesting for the wife. Is this the Tracy Anderson program to get or is there a different series that's better?
I would get her book first. It comes with a DVD. It's cheap and a good way to check out and learn her style. Also, Her Mat workout still remains a favorite to most fans. If your wife likes all that, she'll probably want Meta too.
sunnyside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-11, 08:16 AM  
SquishyMommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeydew View Post
congrats on your results!!...makes me want to break out my TA dvds again.

I might be the only one but I get super duper hungry when I do TA workouts.
You are not the only one! I've found my appetite has been HUGE since starting TA workouts. While I don't eat horrible junky foods very often, I've allowed myself to eat enough to feel satisfyingly full. I am still nursing my 9 month old daughter so do not restrict my calories. Even though I don't follow any kind of diet in any way, I still am starting to see some amazing results using TA. I've only done Meta Omni a couple times. I'm not fond of the cardio dance and all the work on all fours. But I am in LOVE with Mat and her Post-Pregnancy workout. They are amazing! I've tried many, many different workouts since having my baby, and while I've really enjoyed a lot of them, none of them gave me the results that TA have in such a short time.

I'm an Indiana girl, so I really, really did not WANT to like TA because of all the controversy here...but I've got to give it to her. Personality quirks and drama aside...her stuff really works.
Old 06-14-11, 08:32 AM  
jazzy75

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlaVeg View Post
wow those are amazing results congrats!

I was actually talking about meta results with my DH last night. I have only gained 1 lbs since stopping meta (I did 42 days of it), but my clothes don't fit as good as they did when I was doing meta. It definitely changed my shape then. My abs were super flat and had less saddle bags... my arms looked better too.... meta gave me the best results I've seen with any rotation.

Unfortunately I have a back injury that was aggravated by meta so I had to quit. I wish I could continue because I truly believe TA delivers results if you are consistent with her method!
it's too bad you had to stop Carla. I recall seeing your posts about results and enjoying the program. Would her Mat workout suit you better. From what I've read, it doesn't have the same amount of work on all fours. (but perhaps that is not what aggrevated your back injury). I have acquired just about all of the TA workouts (except any Meta's) and think I will plan a Mat /PP combo rotation for the near future. Just not sure if I want to do it as we head into summer (and tank top season) as I'm concerned about losing my muscle definition.

I hope you find something you like as well and works for you
Old 06-14-11, 08:57 AM  
Stephanie84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inchworm View Post
Did someone post some time ago that TA aggravated her shoulders? I did have a torn rotator cuff 2 years ago and don't want to have problems. Any ideas on this?

Thanks,

Kelly
I have arthritis in my left shoulder and a split tear in my left bicep and the floorwork doesn't aggravate it. I've re-injured it several times with weight workouts though. I just really try and make sure i'm in the right position when doing the floorwork. I just started it so my arms have actually been a little sore the next day!!!
Stephanie84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-11, 09:00 AM  
Stephanie84

Ta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackadar View Post
The first TAs I got were the Mat video and Beginner Dance Cardio. They are still both my favorites. I couldn't figure out the cardio w/out the BDC one. It teaches you the step and you get to learn her style. There are clips on you tube if you want to check them out there first!
Stephanie84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-11, 10:11 AM  
mizvespa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Mizvespa, you got rid of your Omnicentric, didn't you? I recall your saying it killed your wrists. So you're just using the Mat and Cardio now?
Yep, I traded my meta set. I have been doing the Mat dvd, cardio for 20 minutes and I occasionally throw in some of her webisodes in place of mat when I feel bored. I am going to buy the PDS 2 & 3. I didn't like meta because it is work on all fours day after day after day, which killed my wrists. The butt/thigh webisode that I've done a few times is on all fours but I can handle it if it's occasional. It's after about 4 or 5 days in a row that my wrists start to hurt. Also, meta just felt rushed and gave me anxiety. Lol. I'm dead serious!

Thanks to everybody for the kind words! It is a great feeling to find something that works for your body!

To be honest, I didn't have much weight to lose when I started these workouts a month ago... I had slowly put on about 10 lbs more than the weight I am most comfortable at (I look like I am about there now, though!!). Before starting last month, I had not worked out in over a year so it's fair to say that starting any workout regimen would have produced results. Still, I have been on workout programs before and never saw such great results this quickly. My calves are looking slimmer and my legs look elongated in a way that no program has ever done for me. My stomach has always been lean and my waist has always been small, but I had developed a tiny pooch in the area just below my belly button. IT IS GONE COMPLETELY and my abs look so defined but feminine still. So, I'm thrilled!
mizvespa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
metamorphosis, ta mat, tracy anderson, tracy anderson beginners, tracy anderson method, tracy anderson results