Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-04-11, 01:58 AM  
Jennifer R
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane P. View Post
I used to be this way, but as a long time vidiot, I've gotten over it. Now I'm more interested in doing what I have and I don't have much time for viewing clips anymore. I still plan rotations however.
This is me--except for the rotation thing. I'm allergic to them

I've been doing video workouts now for over fifteen years, and was working out in classes and gyms for many years before that. There IS no Holy Grail workout, and the longer I've been at exercising the more I realize I have pretty much all the tools I need, I just need to do them. My workout buying is now at around 5 a year, although this year I succumbed to the BOSU and S90 bandwagons, both of which reinforced what I said in the previous sentence. I just don't enjoy this current trend of repetitive drills till you want to puke. Happy they work for other people, though.

I think after a while you do get over the "must have it" phase. Luckily, I went through it back when if there were a dozen new video workouts released in a year, it was big news. So if you DID get them all, no big deal. It's a whole different world now.

"I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused"--Elvis Costello
Jennifer R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-11, 04:45 AM  
fitness@home

I also love the researching process before I purchase or trade for a new workout DVD. I does keep me motivated and trying new types/instructors of exercise (which is a good thing!).

Although I peaked at owning over 200 workouts, I am slowly sorting through them and reducing my collection to those that actually get used...
Old 05-04-11, 06:18 AM  
Fit Kitty

Yes, I must confess that I, too, have this disease! But I'm taking comfort in knowing I'm not alone.
Fit Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-11, 07:21 AM  
nyskier
VF Supporter

This is, unfortunately, a symptom of our consumer society. How many of us have new clothes with TAGS hanging in the closet as well? I don't know what the real cure is--we are bombarded every day with BUY, BUY, BUY! I think the answer may be to relax, breathe and really understand what we are spending our money on. (Maybe some Yoga for relaxation??)
nyskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-20, 07:08 PM  
Karla25

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM-Om View Post
I have to admit that I am more excited about the process of acquiring dvds than actually having them in my hands. What I mean is I love the excitement of looking at the clips, ordering, waiting on the package and than opening a mail box to find my new goodies. Once I get the dvds the excitement diminishes. Don't get me wrong, I still like and use the dvds, but the whole process starts over again, once I have something new on horizon
This describes me exactly :-) Stumbled across this old thread today and thought maybe someone else can use a smile. Wonder if this will still be true 9 years from now?
Old 03-10-20, 07:35 PM  
Softshoe
VF Supporter

It describes me, too. In 9 years I'll come back and ask if it is still true.
Old 03-10-20, 08:14 PM  
bubbles76

True then, true now . Maybe I just like getting mail?
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-20, 08:32 PM  
ncl

I love getting things in the mail, workouts or otherwise. I have to watch that tendency. I do this with books. I would rather look around for books and decide what to get and have more fun doing that than I do reading them. I am not this way with vids, though. I do actually like the workouts (usually) but also enjoy the acquiring. I tend to stick to my tried and true teachers, though and venture out only occasionally.
ncl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-20, 08:53 PM  
shoegoddess

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM-Om View Post
I have to admit that I am more excited about the process of acquiring dvds than actually having them in my hands. What I mean is I love the excitement of looking at the clips, ordering, waiting on the package and than opening a mail box to find my new goodies. Once I get the dvds the excitement diminishes. Don't get me wrong, I still like and use the dvds, but the whole process starts over again, once I have something new on horizon
I have the same disease!

I'm not a typical grandma!

Body by Cathe, Chalene and Dr. Niccole
-Me

A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Well-behaved women seldom make history
-Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Women are Angels
And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...we are flexible like that
-White Witch

Gotta love Maxine:
http://forum.videofitness.com/pictur...&pictureid=230
shoegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-20, 09:22 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I’ve mostly gotten over the hunt, although I do try various streaming sites for a month here and there. I also buy downloads, mainly Barlates when Linda has a sale. I have a number if virgin downloads, lol.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
large collection, old thread alert, vidiocy, vidiocy recovery