Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-04-11, 11:29 AM  
Kathryn
VF Supporter

A very close second (well, maybe tied for first place?) is a guy in the back of a "Speedbody" (med ball and boxing combo) workout series I have. He's also a kickboxing instructor on FitTV. Nearly every time he throws a punch, he lets out a very annoying ki-yay (sp?) that sounds like he just burned his finger on the stove. The tone of it, the way he does it is SOOOO annoying. It pretty much ruins the workouts for me, as he's so loud (though not miked!) and difficult to ignore (though maybe I could channel my aggression against him into some pretty powerful punches?)

Could you imagine both him and 'tortured fish-face chick' in the same workout? Not only would I have to avoid looking at the screen, I would also have to try not to hear him.

2010 season speed-walking 5K PR: 35:47
2011 season race-walking 5K PR: 34:42
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-11, 11:38 AM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Kathryn, if you don't like her in this workout, you had best avoid Bob's Workout. She's the sole exerciser for one of the routines.
Old 01-04-11, 11:39 AM  
sophie kat

I know my choice is more obscure than the ones posted here, but I have to vote for the Asian girl in the All Star kickboxing workout with Tommy Deters. Not that Tommy isn't annoying too, but he's not a backgrounder here, lol. Anyway, The whole workout she's making pouty faces and duck face and ooh-ing and ah-ing at the camera. It's so annoying. They show her so much even though she's on the left.

I my VF friends!
sophie kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-11, 11:41 AM  
caligurl

i don't do most of the workouts mentioned in this thread... but for the ones i do... hands down the most annoying is cedie.... i just cannot stand her....
it is NOT against the rules to say DIET on this forum!
-----
"VFers have a right to post negative opinions about an instructor,
and there is not a limit on the number of times they do so".
- WWWendy

-----
"...no matter how unpopular you perceive your opinion to be, we guarantee you
are not the only one here who holds that opinion, and you should feel free to express it."
- WWWendy via forum guidelines
caligurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-11, 11:45 AM  
counterclockwise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathryn View Post
For those who haven't seen her yet (and who for that reason think someone else is more annying...which is pretty impossible, LOL!): http://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/Bob-...tren-p/257.htm (though these aren't her worst moments, except the very end is close).
Ha ha, this girl is really funny. I'm going to have to try this to make my workouts more fun, lol.
counterclockwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-11, 11:47 AM  
caligurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathryn View Post
For those who haven't seen her yet (and who for that reason think someone else is more annying...which is pretty impossible, LOL!): http://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/Bob-...tren-p/257.htm (though these aren't her worst moments, except the very end is close).
oh good lord!!!???? i started out thinking i wanted that video... it looks fun.... but then i saw the very end of the clip.... was she crying???????? what a drama queen????? ya.... she's pretty annoying! yuck!
it is NOT against the rules to say DIET on this forum!
-----
"VFers have a right to post negative opinions about an instructor,
and there is not a limit on the number of times they do so".
- WWWendy

-----
"...no matter how unpopular you perceive your opinion to be, we guarantee you
are not the only one here who holds that opinion, and you should feel free to express it."
- WWWendy via forum guidelines
caligurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-11, 11:49 AM  
Gams

I guess it's a good thing we can only complain about background exercisers and not actually BE them because there would undoubtedly be people out there who would find something irritating about us, also.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-11, 11:50 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligurl View Post
i don't do most of the workouts mentioned in this thread... but for the ones i do... hands down the most annoying is cedie.... i just cannot stand her....
Took awhile for someone to mention Cedie!

Does anyone remember Eddie from one of Patrick Goudeau's CIAs? He was so awful, the camera had to keep cutting to a shot of Patrick's feet, making the tape undoable, for me anyway.

(Mary must be wondering why so much interest in Pure Burn Super Strength all of a sudden)

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-11, 11:55 AM  
Fitstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaia View Post
Kathryn, you are SO right. I just did that workout for the first time myself yesterday, and she was so obnoxious I had a hard time looking at the screen. I loved the workout, but seriously, what were they thinking using her!?!
I couldn't agree more, it kind of spoiled the entire workout for me. I rarely shout at my DVDs, but towards the end I really got sick of her and her ridiculous facial expressions and started yelling at her to suck it up. Not a good way to end a workout. I haven't tried the workout since then although the workout itself is a good one.
Fitstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-11, 11:56 AM  
SharonNYC
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue B View Post
Took awhile for someone to mention Cedie!

Does anyone remember Eddie from one of Patrick Goudeau's CIAs? He was so awful, the camera had to keep cutting to a shot of Patrick's feet, making the tape undoable, for me anyway.
Is that the same Eddie who appears backing up Philip gray in whatever Temptation? Oh yes, annoying.
I'm what I am, and what I am,
Is back on Boogie Street.

Leonard Cohen/Sharon Robinson "Boogie Street" 10 New Songs.

(I have a professional/personal relationship with an instructor who produces video and book material relevant to this site.)
SharonNYC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
background exercisers, old thread alert