Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-09, 01:22 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooty
Jeannine: They didn't e-mail anything. Once you click on it, I entered the e-mail and then I clicked on some other button which led me to the plan. Just try it again.
aha! ok that worked like a charm.

i did WATP-ex 3 mile today. i noticed something - when you really watch the "feet" close-ups - they do a triple step. now, i never cared about it because you can't do wrong choreo w/Leslie, but if someone new to video walking saw that, i think they'd be peeved.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-09, 01:31 PM  
jerebo

Just reporting my progress. I actually started Sunday.

Sunday: 2.5 mile walk outside + 1 mile jog
Monday: 2.5 mile morning walk outside + 2.5 mile run outside
Tuesday: (so far) 2.5 mile morning walk. (Yes, I walk the same loop day after day...)
Old 03-17-09, 04:45 PM  
ilovemybirds

Just checking in:

Today was Fast Start 3 miles, Upper body from Women's Health Perfect in 10, four of the mini workouts from Ultimate Body Toning, and two of the stretching segments from Tamilee Beginner Stretch. I think I definitely walked off my lunch.
ilovemybirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-09, 08:01 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

i finally got to read the rotation. very interesting and unique, i must say!

i have a question for those who have gone thru the rotation. she has "WATP-abs" as one of the assigned workouts for breakfast i think. do you do the 3 mile?

and on another day, she assigned WATP-exp 1 & 2 mile - do you do both to get 3 miles?

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
Old 03-17-09, 08:39 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

I did WAP express 3 miles whenever the choice was 1 &2. I could never figure it out, but I like the 3-mile.

Cynthia
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-09, 08:50 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by monterey vidiot
I did WAP express 3 miles whenever the choice was 1 &2. I could never figure it out, but I like the 3-mile.

Cynthia
exactly - she just has the picture of the cover and no words saying "do this workout." another example - she shows the 5 mile advanced walk, and i assume she wants you to do the whole disc.

Old 03-18-09, 05:09 AM  
stephanie_932

Just posting an update for me. I did WATP Express - 3 Mile last night (2/10 walks done). I have a meeting after work that leads into another meeting, so I won't be able to do my "official" Leslie walk today........but, I'll be sure to add many, many steps in.
Old 03-18-09, 07:12 AM  
daisysunshine

OKay I got one in Monday (2.5 miles, OriWatp) and Tuesday I didn't, but I'm hoping to get 8 miles in today

...right now you're saying, no i can't do this. you should know by now i don't train that way - Dasha Libin

offering the two tracey mallet dance workouts, pm me.
daisysunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-09, 09:48 AM  
jerebo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemybirds
Just checking in:

Today was Fast Start 3 miles, Upper body from Women's Health Perfect in 10, four of the mini workouts from Ultimate Body Toning, and two of the stretching segments from Tamilee Beginner Stretch. I think I definitely walked off my lunch.
I'd say so!

Everyone's doing great!

Yesterday I did walk 2.5 miles in the morning and then went on an 8-mile family bike ride in the evening. 8 miles doesn't sound like so much, but the first four miles were uphill (and probably accounted for 75% of our actual time biking!).
Today I walked 4 miles outside--in an hour. Not super fast. I did wear a backpack with a 10-lb. weight in it. But I may not have burned enough calories to have walked off anything other than my meager breakfast My Garmin (though I didn't bother with the HR monitor portion), said I burned all of 250 calories.
Old 03-18-09, 09:52 AM  
Dobby
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerebo
I'd say so!

Everyone's doing great!

Yesterday I did walk 2.5 miles in the morning and then went on an 8-mile family bike ride in the evening. 8 miles doesn't sound like so much, but the first four miles were uphill (and probably accounted for 75% of our actual time biking!).
Today I walked 4 miles outside--in an hour. Not super fast. I did wear a backpack with a 10-lb. weight in it. But I may not have burned enough calories to have walked off anything other than my meager breakfast My Garmin (though I didn't bother with the HR monitor portion), said I burned all of 250 calories.
I thought the *rule of thumb* was 100 cals per mile for a 150# person?? So unless you are *teeny-tiny* it seems like you should have burned more to me tho heaven knows I am not an expert!

Pam
Dobby is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
challenges, heavyhands, leslie sansone