Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-31-07, 09:17 AM  
RuthNYC
VF Supporter

Heck, the Jersey Shore is warm compared to Long Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapfishsis
Ruth - I guess you have been to the Jersey shore.!!.. we go in even when our ankles ache from the cold... take the plunge, dive in, when you are bluish it is lunch time....

I think in September the water "might've" warmed up to 70-71... it is ALWAYS cold!

. My nephew was living in Belmar until this spring and when we visited him during the summer it always seemed to be at least a few degress warmer than the ocean off Fire Island.

My friends kids were in Atlantic City over Memorial weekend and they were in the water for most of the afternoon--they said the water was in the low 70s.

DH and one of the other guys jumped in the ocean (Fire Island) during Memorial weekend (and jumped right out ). The water temp was hovering just around 59-60.

Yesterday, the ocean was closer to 62-63 and I did the "warm up the ankle bones routine" and then stayed in for about a half hour.

Actually, its my hands that have the hardest time getting used to the cold.

Once I get used to the water, I don't want to come out.

Water temp is a relative thing--depends a lot on the outside air, time of day, purpose of the swim, body type, what you're used to, pool vs ocean vs lake, indoor pool vs outdoor pool, etc.

RuthNYC
RuthNYC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquatics, cold weather, wet suits