Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Clothing, Shoes, Equipment, Gear
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-04, 10:02 AM  
Sarah-lara
VF Supporter

Men's shirts for swimming?

I think DH would go to the water walking classes at my gym (or just go swimming) if he didn't have to go shirtless. Are there shirts that are acceptable for pools, for men to wear? And would it be awkward for a guy to have one on?

I have not seen anything like this, but thought I would ask here where there are so many experts!

Sarah
Sarah-lara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-04, 12:31 PM  
pridd16
VF Supporter

You would probably need to check with the pool to see if they have a problem with it. Some pools do. Generally, you don't see people in the pool with them (sometimes kids have them at outdoor pools). A shirt picks up the water & creates drag, so it will feel much heavier than it is. However, if the pool says that it is okay & he wants to try it, I would use a somewhat tighter t-shirt, preferably an older one. The chlorine will fade a shirt & a baggy shirt will get even looser in the water.
pridd16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-04, 12:45 PM  
Waterbabie
VF Supporter

My son is very sensitive to sun so usually wears a 'surf shirt' or 'rash shirt' outdoors -- a similar thing might work for your husband at the pool. Here's a link for an example -- I've never ordered from here BTW: http://www.solartex.com/Search.bok?n...rotective+Wear
Old 06-21-04, 01:22 PM  
AcademiaNut
VF Supporter

Or try a triathlon suit instead of a regular bathing suit. It's not the same thing as a wetsuit, but it will be a lot more expensive than a regular guy's bathing suit from Target.

Andrea
Old 06-21-04, 01:28 PM  
Sarah-lara
VF Supporter

Thanks for all the replies. Sharon - that first shirt on the link you attached says its a "loose fitting swim shirt," which sounds perfect for DH. I appreciate the help!
Sarah-lara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-04, 02:10 PM  
Jacqi A
VF Supporter

Those swim shirts look nice. Sarah, sometimes it's these small logistics problems that keep people from exercising, so I hope your solution works out.
Jacqi A is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wet suits