Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-14-22, 01:19 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Checking in a bit earlier than normal as I am going with a friend down to the coast (about an hour from here) to a watercolor exhibit. Just got off the treadmill a little while ago. 60 minutes worth. Watched a new Netflix documentary and I want to share some thoughts with ya’ll tonight or tomorrow to see what you think. It’s hot and humid today. DH looked very worn after his golf round.

Vannie I will catch up on your post this evening.
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-22, 07:06 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was 60 minutes of Body Combat from Youtube.

Karjoy - It's getting humid down here too, even if the temperature is still relatively cool and rainy. How fun to go see a watercolor exhibit. I love art shows.

Waves to everyone. Have a great Sunday.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-22, 11:50 AM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Hi, all! I am still alive!
I haven't read any posts anywhere. I just logged in for a minute before heading out to my FIL's house to determine our next steps. It has languished while I was away for a business trip. Plus DD had a kidney stone while I was traveling and is still having issues. Thankfully she sees the primary tomorrow.

I miss you guys! Workouts are more miss than hit. I am dating a guy from my grief group (I think I mentioned that a while back) and it is going really well. Our grief group (the 'veterans' as they call us) is still meeting every other week. We finished the formal meetings on Tuesday for round 2. I am grateful to have Tuesday nights free again.

I promise I will stop and read posts sometime this week. I am shutting my PC down in anticipation of another rain storm during the next hour.

Take care all!!!!

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-22, 07:25 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Gibbee so very good to hear from you!! Sounds like you are very busy. Hope your
daughter is getting better from the kidney stone. That can be so painful. I am happy that you are still dating the nice guy from your grief group. Find happiness where you can!

Today I did a 20 minute bike ride and 30 min on the treadmill. Feeling my way back to getting comfortable on the bike again.

Vannie 93 degrees in your area must be practically unheard of at this time of year. That’s awful. Please be careful and hydrate. Sounds like you had great indoor workouts too.

Jbliff the drive to the coast for the art show was wonderful and the art exhibit itself was lovely, but it was held in a very small renovated old house. Ann and I were the only people masked and it was crowded. Needless to say we did not stay long. They did have one door open for ventilation but no AC. Can you believe it?

Night all Waves to Cher.
Old 05-16-22, 07:17 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was 54 minutes of yoga.

Gibbee
- So great to hear from you. We missed you around here. Glad to hear you are doing well and still seeing the guy from your grief group. Please check back when you can.

Karjoy - DH and I went to Costco yesterday to pick up some snacks in preparation for watching the NBA playoffs, and the store was packed. I only saw one other person wearing a mask. DH was talking about maybe going to Florida for his niece's HS graduation. I told him he had better not come home with COVID!

Hi to Cher and Vannie. Have a great day.
Old 05-17-22, 05:58 AM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Forgot to check in last night. Did a 20ish minute swim. Not pretty. Tiring. But every session counts I guess. I was thinking about how tiring swimming is and then saw a post first thing this am that swimming uses all your muscles. Whew!

Jbliff 54 minutes of Yoga. You’re awesome!
Old 05-17-22, 06:34 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was Les Mills Body Pump Nano from Youtube which was pretty fun. I also did 25 minutes on the elliptical.

Karjoy - When is the triathlon? Your training sure will be well rounded.

Well, our cool weather is over. We've been having temps in the 80s which will persist most of the week, with a couple of days in the upper 90s.

Hi to everyone. Have a great day.
Old 05-17-22, 08:33 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Jbliff the Tri is July 4th at a beautiful freshwater spring about an hour from here. It is always a lot of fun with the holiday spirit and it is called Freedom Springs. I have done it 2 times in the past. Great job with Les Mills Body pump nano. Sounds like fun.

Ran 48 minutes on the mill today. A terrible thing happened at our office. The medical assistant who works with me has been there about 5 years. Her longtime boyfriend was killed on his motorcycle 3 days ago. So damn sad.

Waves to all.
Old 05-18-22, 08:00 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was 60 minutes of cardio. I started with Body Training, a Youtube workout I found that is similar to Body Combat. The instructor only spoke Spanish which was OK since the moves were pretty simple. What was annoying was he didn't work both sides equally so I gave up after about half an hour and did the official Les Mills Body Combat workout #13 which was a pleasure to do, with great form and great cueing.

Karjoy - I used to love to go to the freshwater springs in Florida, especially when it's super hot out. It is so refreshing. I'm so sorry to hear about your medical assistant's boyfriend. That is so sad.

Waves to everyone.
Old 05-18-22, 09:09 AM  
Vantreesta

Hey, guys. I don't know why I can't seem to post regularly, even just my workouts!

Karen, I'm sorry to hear about your coworker's boyfriend. My friend and my cousin both lost their husbands that way too. I am glad my hubby has his Harley and I always think that I hope I never have to regret being happy he has it. You asked about the heat the other day. Generally every May has a week of super high temps near or even up to 100. It's kind of weird bc then it settles back into more normal 60s and 70s for the rest of the month. Saturday is supposed to only be in the 50s. I have soup on the menu for that seems like a good day to have it. I'm a little jealous of your tri training. I enjoyed training for my virtual one last year and should do that again.

JB, argh, I hate when a workout doesn't work both sides evenly! I have this PunchLab app that I have a done a few times and enjoy but they only work one side! So I alternate leads on each combo but it still doesn't equal out since they combos are different.

Gibbee, so good to hear from you! I'm glad you're still seeing the man from your support group. I'm sure it helps when the other person can relate to your experiences, even if they are different. I hope your daughter feels back to normal soon.

Cheryl, I miss you! I hope your sister is doing better.

I was trying to train to do Murph the day after Memorial Day again but it just isn't working right now so I decided to postpone a bit and aim to do it for the 4th of July. Friday is my first race since 2019 but my friend agreed to do it with me so we will be mostly walking since I'm not sure she has been running at all. I'm just happy to have an organized event again and spend time with my friend!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote