Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 04-19-22, 06:50 AM  
Cher

Well my sister is still in the hospital. Doing better with her back - pain is down to an 8 or 9. But now she has had fluid on her lungs and on oxygen for about 5 days so yesterday, they did a procedure to drain the fluid from one of her lungs. Today they will do the other. We’re hoping that helps and she will be able to get out by the weekend but I don’t know. They’re really not very communicative.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-22, 08:38 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was RwH Back, Shoulders & Biceps no finishers premix + 25 minutes of yoga.

Cher - Thanks for the update. My goodness, your poor sister can't catch a break. It seems like you should at least be able to talk to her doctor to discuss her care.

Karjoy
- Are you going to do any hiking while in Asheville? One of the hikes we did had wonderful views (Devil's Courthouse). It was a bit too blustery, cold and foggy when we went so the visibility was somewhat limited.

Hi to Vannie and Gibbee. Have a good day, everyone.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-22, 08:42 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Cher so sorry to hear about your sister. I am thinking of you and your sister and your Mom. Hopefully getting some fluid off will help her feel better. Hugs!

Jbliff yes we want to do a hike or 2 so thanks for the suggestion. We are staying close to Biltmore and I am looking up stuff online about hikes in the area. Looks like they are in the 60s during the day now.

More functional fitness yard work today. Trying to get it done before the heat sets in this weekend.

Waves to Gibbee and Vannie.
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-22, 08:07 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was 40 minutes on the elliptical and 25 minutes of yoga.

Karjoy
- One of the great hikes we've done in NC is in Dupont Forest. We did a fairly long hike that had at least 4 waterfalls and it was pretty great. One of the waterfalls was Bride Veil Fall, which is featured in one of the iconic scenes in the movie Last of the Mohicans and also in the Hunger Games.

https://www.exploreasheville.com/out...-state-forest/

Waves to all. Have a good day.
Old 04-21-22, 08:21 AM  
Vantreesta

I got home Tuesday night after being away for three weeks (including time on the road). I spent a couple weeks in AZ with my family. On April 2 we finally got to have a celebration of life for my mom. It went really well and was nice despite being very tough. When we started planning it we didn't think it would be as hard since it has been two years, but we still had a hard time. It was too much for my dad so my aunt actually did the majority of the work with my brother and me helping. And actually, long before Mom got sick she had written out what she wanted for her funeral and then after she was sick she wrote out smthg she wanted read at it. My brother did an amazing job reading it exactly as she wrote it and saying his own thing before he read it. A few people got up and shared stories, memories or what she meant to them. I wasn't going to speak and then I thought of things I wanted to say so I got up there and then got too emotional to finish. As soon as I said my mom was my best friend it was all over for me. We ended with a photo slideshow set to music and then had some time in the fellowship hall where we had set up photos on posterboards. We laid out suncatchers she had painted and pictures she had colored as well as Christmas trees my aunt and I had crocheted for people to take whatever they wanted as a remembrance of her. Her favorite day of the year was Christmas and she actively celebrated it all year so I wanted the trees for people to put up every year if they want. The following Saturday we buried her ashes. It was all very emotional but we are thankful to have that part finished now and feel we honored her wishes as best we could. I was able to be there with my dad for the two-year anniversary and also stayed for Easter with the family on Saturday and then church with Dad on Sunday before leaving that afternoon to come home. It was a good trip.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-22, 08:11 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

I did a 50 minute treadmill run tonight. I will catch up tomorrow but Vannie I was so moved to hear about the time spent with your family and celebration of your Mother’s life. I know some of this must have been emotionally hard.

Jbliff were rhododendrons blooming on your trip to NC? Thanks for the hike suggestions.

Waves to all.
Old 04-22-22, 12:52 PM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was RwH Lower Body Circuit + a walk in town.

Karjoy
- Up in the mountains in NC, nothing was blooming. It was as if we were still in the winter season. I don't recall many flowering trees or shrubs in town, but the weather was warming up a lot this week so you might see some flowers when you go.

Vannie
- What a nice memorial you had for your mom and great you were able to spend time with your dad.

Old 04-22-22, 08:39 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Jbliff I think the forecast is for pretty warm weather for Asheville when we go next week. Hope to see some rhododendrons and of course we want to see the gardens at Biltmore house too.

Went to Burn for legs today. What an ouchie. Trying to get really stretched out before bed.

Cher I’m thinking of you and your sister. Hugs!

Vannie hope you are recovering from your trip ok. It was nice that you got to spend Easter with your family.

Waves to Gibbee.
Old 04-23-22, 08:54 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was 45 minutes on the elliptical + 15 minutes of yoga.

Karjoy
- Biltmore is huge. I enjoyed seeing it years ago but we speed-walked through there as we were on our way somewhere else but definitely could have spent several more hours going through the estate.

We are getting a heatwave here--80 today and almost 90 tomorrow!

Old 04-24-22, 12:56 PM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was a walk + RwH Upper Body Circuit + abs.

Waves to all.