Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 03-27-22, 10:03 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was Rockout Knockout 39-minute premix + heavy bag bonus and 25 minutes of yoga.

Karjoy - Sounds like a great time yesterday for you. How wonderful the little boy is better. S&H does require a lot of focus and no momentum whatsoever. I don't think I could do more than 1 week at a time. Even Cathe said not to do it for more than 3 weeks.

We are barely above freezing right now at almost noon. I can't believe it's going down to the 20s at night for the next few days.

Waves to all. Have a great day.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-22, 07:49 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

It was another beautiful day here. Got up to about 80 degrees but very low humidity. I ran about an hour on the treadmill. I have a 10K race next weekend that I want to do well at which is why I have been running a lot. But I am ready now so I will run less and cross train. Going to a Metabolic Conditioning class at Burn tomorrow. It’s basically HIIT training.

Jbliff do you ever do any of Cathe’s older kickboxing vids? I still have a soft place in my heart for Kick Max with its drills and I liked the combos and music too.

I heard that the new Cathe StS workouts will have some longish rest periods so you can go heavy. Forgot where I heard that.
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-22, 07:42 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was Perfect30 Perfect Pump upper body + bonus UB + extended stretch.

Karjoy - You're getting some good info on the new STS! I'm all for resting between sets. Perfect Pump doesn't have enough rest between sets when you lift heavy, IMO. I don't do the older kickboxing workouts too much--maybe once a year or so. I much prefer the new choreography. I always loved Cathe's old music.

Waves to everyone. Have a good day.
Old 03-28-22, 08:05 AM  
Vantreesta

Just popping in to say hello. We played D&D with friends yesterday and I haven't done much workout wise since Thursday. I think I did nothing Friday, foam rolling and PT stuff Saturday and just PT stuff last night. I need to do the last day of the free Qi Gong challenge today. I have access still this week tot the challenge and his library so I hope to take advantage.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-22, 06:58 PM  
Cher

Just popping in to say hello!
Joseph had his colonoscopy today and the diagnosis is Ulcerative Colitis. I guess it beats hearing cancer so I was relieved but now I find out the prescription the doctor prescribed is $579 for 3 months (and this is for the generic)! The cost goes towards his deductible so this year he should meet it with the expense of the colonoscopy and he has a $6 copay for prescriptions after that but next year not sure how we’re going to be able to do this but we’ll get started with it this year for now.

My sister is having awful pain. I’ve been taking her to doctors appts too. May have to take her to the hospital again tomorrow.

Hopefully, I can start checking in again for April.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-22, 07:49 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

I was going to Burn but I am kinda tired because I did speed work yesterday so I am resting. Definitely going to Burn for legs tomorrow.

Cher so good to hear from you! I am sorry about Joseph having ulcerative colitis but certainly that is better than cancer. And Cher, I have to tell you that all the new meds we have for U. colitis are just life changing. In the old days people had to take oral steroids or do steroid enemas or be on potent special inflammatories.
These new drugs, which we call biologics, make life so much better for patients. They are expensive and sometimes you can get rebates or coupons from the manufacturer. I am sorry about your sister’s pain. Hope she gets relief.

Waves to be sll.
Old 03-29-22, 06:13 AM  
Cher

Thanks Karen, that’s good to hear about the new drugs for UC. How do you go about getting coupons or something from the manufacturer?
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-22, 08:27 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Cher I think the thing to do is go to the drug company website and you should be able to find info about coupons, rebates, discounts, etc., along with eligibility criteria.

Drive by checkin: legs at Burn Boot camp. Weighted squats with heels raised, calf raises, pistol squats with TRX like straps, hip raises with heavy weights and a few more. Excellent.

Waves to all.
Old 03-30-22, 07:44 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was Perfect30 Lower body using my weighted vest + added in the bonus segments for lower body. I also did 20 minutes on the elliptical.

Cher - Good to hear from you. I'm glad to hear Joseph at least got a diagnosis. Your poor sister! You have had your hands full lately. Hugs to you.

Waves to all. Have a good day.
Old 03-31-22, 07:06 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi all. Did 50 minutes on the treadmill today. I didn’t turn the AC down and it was 80 degrees and humid upstairs in my workout room, and after about 35 minutes I
started cramping up and had to walk some. Lesson learned.

We have our annual hometown springtime 10k this Saturday. This is always well attended and a local favorite. Since it was canceled in 2020 and 2021 due to Covid people are very excited.

Hope everyone had a good day.