Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-01-22, 07:14 AM  
Cher

Total Max Mixers - February 2022

Went to post and just realized it’s a new month so will start us off for February.

Was just going to pop in real quick to say hello. Just haven’t felt much like posting. I’ve been managing to get about 5 workouts in a week.

Joseph has an appointment with a colon doctor on Monday to hopefully figure what’s going on with some of his issues. I’m sure all their going to say for now is he has to get a colonoscopy. Stressing me out.

My sister had surgery on her back on Friday to get a screw and part of a rod out that has been jabbing in one of her nerves for over a year. The surgeon said the nerve was very irritated with some damage. He said it should heal itself but it will take some time.

Snow…..ugh, now we’re expecting 12 inches tomorrow & Thursday. Not looking forward to that at all. Hopefully no power outages will happen here.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-22, 07:17 AM  
Cher

Karen - I heard about that cold weather you all have been having. Is it warming up yet? I found that picture of me and my sister and thought it would be cute to put on her birthday post.

Waves to JBliff, Vannie & Gibbee (if you pop in).

I’ll try to be here more this month.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-22, 09:37 AM  
Vantreesta

I felt all out of sorts and at loose ends yesterday. My great aunt passed away on Friday and I was making plans to go back for her funeral, then spent a couple days debating bc of a big predicted snowstorm there and then decided it was better to stay home, but then I just couldn't get back into a "normal" Monday. I finally tore the shrinkwrap off Denise Austin Burn Fat Fast Latin Dance. Not the best choice for the day since I was irritable. Usually I don't let her silly comments get to me but she annoyed me yesterday. The workout was fine and I finished it but wished I had chosen Zumba or Leslie. Then I did Rodney Yee Yoga for Energy & Relaxation. I chose the bonus Soothe & Stretch section but was disappointed that it was almost all forward bends, which I really shouldn't be doing much of bc of my hamstring tendons so I had to basically modify the whole thing, which was not the relaxing grounding practice I was looking for. I know I could have switched workouts but I didn't have the mental energy so just went with it. I think what I did still did help some and it was movement anyway so that was good.

Now that I know I won't be gone the end of this week I need to do what I meant to do over the weekend and set up a training schedule for snowshoeing.

Cheryl, it's so good to hear from you. You have been on my mind often. I can understand why you haven't felt like posting; you have a lot on your mind! Praying Joseph's appt will help find what's going on with him. I hope your sister's pain will decrease now after the surgery. She is one tough cookie, isn't she? Maybe you will get lucky and not get the full snowfall predicted. Hey, wanna set up a deflection wall and send some to us?
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-22, 06:21 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Thanks for starting us off Cher! Good to hear from you.
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-22, 10:59 AM  
Vantreesta

Yesterday I did Human 2.0 Fitness -MOVEMENT CHALLENGE - Day 8, FemFusion Strong Center Line At-Home Kegel Camp, Day 6, C. Jordan Exercises to Help High Hamstring Tendonitis Pain, L. Brooks 21-Day Squat Challenge warmup + day 8, and Yoga With Bird -Everyday Morning Yoga Stretch to Feel Your Best | 30 Day Yoga Challenge 2022 | DAY 6.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 02-02-22, 02:01 PM  
JBliff

Drive by checkin: RwH Back, Shoulders & Biceps + a 30-minute walk.

Waves to all.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-22, 08:52 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi guys. I did a 4 mile run outside after work and it was still light when I finished. Cool!

Cher I’m glad your sister had surgery to have that painful nerve inflammation relieved. She has been through so much it seems. I’m glad you are able to be a support to her. Did Joseph find out anything from the gastro doctor? Maybe he won’t have to have a colonoscopy. Our GI doctors often spare young people from having a colonoscopy if they can. It’s great you are working out 5 times a week. Are you getting any of that ice and snow?

Vannie isn’t it weird to be do a workout and you just feel off or something? It’s good that you stuck with it though. I like Denise Austin a lot but her voice always grated on me. Terribly shallow I know. Now do you train for snowshoeing in some
special way?

Jbliff how old is your elliptical? My old treadmill lasted over 12 years which I felt was very good. Waves to Gibbee.
Old 02-04-22, 07:59 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout Wednesday was 40 minutes on the elliptical + 27 minutes of yoga. Yesterday I had a bunch of errands and other things so just squeezed in the RWH Chest, Shoulders & Triceps workout.

Cher - Great to see your post. I hope the surgery helps relieve your sister's pain. She is such a strong person. I hope you don't get too much snow with the storm.

Karjoy
- My elliptical is really old, at least 13-14 years if not more. It still works quite well.

Vannie - I never could get into Denise Austin either.

We are having a mini heatwave here--it's been over 60 degrees yesterday and today, but we should be back down to the 30s the rest of the weekend.

Waves.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-22, 01:44 PM  
Vantreesta

Yesterday I did a slide board workout from the BRRRN channel on YouTube. I don't think I've ever actually used my board before and while I could certainly use some practice it was pretty fun! Then I did Cathe's Total Muscle Sculpting (from the beginner set that was sold with the Step) and the ball #1 stretch from Total Body Stretching (same set).

Re: Denise Austin--I have always liked her and never minded her voice and usually her silly cutesy little comments don't really bother me, but I guess when I'm already irritable she's not the best choice for me! Except her line dancing one, I can always do that one.

Karen, I don't actually think I've ever specifically trained for our snowshoeing trips in the past. I found this website that looked good https://trailandsummit.com/how-do-yo...r-snowshoeing/ and figured I'll use it as a guideline. I was thinking of running just once a week for now, weighted treadmill hills (walking only) a couple days a week, the state park with Cyric once a week (it's flat but I can get in some snow), two days of total body weights and one leg day. I got the slide board out hoping it will help with medial glute work and my little stepper has sort of an outward motion that I thought might help too.

Old 02-04-22, 04:12 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi guys. I get off at 1:30 on Fridays now which is wonderful. Enjoying a rest day.
Yesterday I walked 30 minutes on the treadmill. I allow myself an I’m burned out on running day occasionally and yesterday was the day.

It is raining here today and will get cold in the mid 30s tonight.

A bunch of us are running our hometown half marathon Sunday. Fun! Good workout for the marathon in a month it will have all the hometown feels with people out in the streets cheering us on, a party at the finish and so on.

Vannie I had a friend who had some variation of a slideboard that she used to get ready for skiing, which of course has a lot of hip and lateral motion. I used it a bit and it was pretty tough. Do you ski? It’s such good hip and thigh work. I like that workout from Cathe that you mentioned. Anything she does is good in my opinion.

Anyone being affected much by winter storm Landon? What a wide swath it has cut.

Jbliff your weather sounds seesaw like ours. I guess you cannot put away your winter clothes too soon.

Thinking of you Cher. Hope your sister is healing and that Joseph is fine.

Hi Gibbee. Do you think we will get a Cathe trip this year?