Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-03-22, 01:33 PM  
Elsie

So I personally started Lift with Cee's yesterday, although I noticed another solid trainer I sub to is offering a Get Back in Shape 2022 which begins today. Wanted to share
https://youtube.com/c/TrainingXTatum
Elsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-22, 10:26 AM  
Dancing Queen

Body Groove just launched a 12-week Elevate Your Fitness program; all of the first week's workouts are now available on the BG website. It looks like each week will have a different physical health or skill focus.

I don't Groove every day, but I plan to work through this program over the coming year.
Dancing Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-22, 11:40 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsie View Post
After doing much of her Plateau Buster challenge and loving it (it took me longer though!! Lol), I'm hoping to join in with Lift with Cee on January 2nd for her 40 mins Muscle over 40 challenge/series.

https://youtube.com/c/LiftWithCee
Elise, thank you for posting about this! Cee would be new to me and I really like the look of her workouts, on preview. It will give me a good opportunity to use kettlebells during her workouts (as she does) instead of letting them collect dust!

I also like her slower pace for lifting heavier weights, as well. Looking forward to this!

Thank you again!

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-22, 12:34 AM  
Venus

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
Venus- what is your current rotation?
Donna, I've been doing this rotation along with daily Yoga With Adriene:

M - The Firm
T - Cardio & Pilates
W - The Firm
Th- Cardio & Pilates
F - The Firm
Sa- CHOICE (Cardio & Pilates, Lower Body, Dance Conditioning, or Power Yoga)
Su- RESTORATIVE (Stretch, Yin Yoga, or Light Cardio)

I often end up doing just my daily yoga practice on the weekend, usually with added stretching, yin yoga, or light cardio (basically two Sundays ). The Firm workouts are my focus for the month; I'll switch those out when I move on to something else. I can get a lot of variety within The Firm (cardio, strength, both, or a split).

On the cardio and pilates days, I can choose one or the other, or switch to shorter workouts if I need to. I did several weeks of Pilates only on T/Th, because I was doing a 65 min video (plus my daily yoga). In December, I switched to a 25 min Pilates workout and skipped the cardio again because of the holidays (and I was getting cardio with my Firm workouts). I've been enjoying the Pilates and realized I wouldn't have time for Pilates if I did Jessica's rotation.

I've been doing well with this rotation so decided to stick with it. With the stress of the holidays/new year, I decided I didn't need a drastic change in my rotation.
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-22, 07:53 AM  
donnamp

Venus -

Thanks for sharing. That looks like a nice rotation and easily adaptable to lots of different options/videos! I have been wanting to get back to my FIRMs but I have really let myself go over the last several years and need to work my way back to them. I was sort of thinking of doing 3 days of the Basics and mixing in other stuff on the in between days - this plan certainly would work with that concept!

I am also tempted to try Adriene's new program - I used to do her stuff so much but then I fell out of love - I'm not sure why?!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-22, 09:38 AM  
Venus

Donna,

I was in a similar situation last year and had to work up to the Firms. I started out the year following the monthly Yoga with Adriene calendars, adding in her Foundations of Yoga and Pranayama series videos. I tried adding in workouts, but it was too much at first, so I scaled back and focused on doing my daily yoga practice. After a while, I did start adding in more yoga and other videos here and there (often just adding a 5-15 min stretch or easy workout).

When I started the rotation above, I was doing beginner/senior workouts instead of The Firm and easy cardio with shorter Pilates (usually 20 min). I like that I can add in other stuff and shorten workouts depending on my interests and energy level. Also, I don't spend so much time deciding what to do each day.

I'm enjoying the Yoga with Adriene MOVE program. I usually don't pay much attention to her dog, Benji, during my practice, but he's been especially cute these last few videos

Your plan sounds like a good one. I think I might get bored doing 6 days of Firm workouts (or other workouts), but 3 days a week is okay. If you get bored doing the same thing, I think 3 days a week of whichever program you decide on is a good goal. Good luck!
Old 01-07-22, 10:07 AM  
donnamp

Thanks, Venus! And yes, I like to have some flexibility in my rotations - it keeps me from getting bored and I am more successful b/c if something comes up I'm able to juggle things whereas if something is "prescribed" and I miss a day I feel like I failed - I know that is silly...but....

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-22, 02:05 PM  
Venus

Donna - Not silly at all! Having some flexibility does help. I just had an (unexpected) rest day this week and was able to shift workout and rest days around easily. Saved me a bit of stress
Old 01-09-22, 02:08 PM  
Venus

Yoga with Kassandra has a new 7-day yoga and meditation challenge. It is a 15 minute morning yoga practice followed by a 5 minute meditation (the videos are separate each day). It starts Monday, January 10 (tomorrow!).

Yoga with Kassandra NEW 7-Day Yoga & Meditation Challenge! Begins January 10th 2022

Tags
challenges, lift with cee