Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-04-22, 08:35 PM  
Cher

Workout yesterday was Jenny Ford Walk Across America Texas and Cathe Upper Body Add-on from her Basic Step dvd. I did all but the chest work because I had to get my mammogram today but didn’t want my chest muscles sore after not working out for so long.

My workout this morning got messed up. DS has been having a few stomach issues for about about a year but things have been getting worse lately and I ended up taking him to urgent care when they opened this morning. Didn’t really get much resolved. They are thinking possibly Crohn’s or Colitis maybe??? Hoping it’s not anything even worse. Just what we need, another medical issue. I made him an appointment with his primary care doctor for next week. Luckily we got done in time that I made it to my mammogram appointment. After that I had to go help my mom with more paperwork and she made me lunch. By the time I got home it was dinner time, dark out and I’m tired and stressed. It seems it’s always something lately.

JBliff - Wow, you got quite a bit of snow! That was nice of your DH to clear the walkways for a few of your neighbors. That stinks that the people who were supposed to do it didn’t do a good job. How awful that would be to be stuck on that freeway like that!

Karen - I hope you like the Cathe Stability Ball. I think it’s pretty nice.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-22, 10:56 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was 50 minutes on the elliptical + 30 minutes of yoga.

Cher - Sorry to hear about Joseph's stomach issues. That's good you were able to get him an appointment with the primary care doctor so quickly.

Our roads are still pretty bad today. It's quite a disaster. City offices have been closed for 3 days now. Virginians are definitely not very good at handling snow. I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow morning and the road we would be taking has been blocked for days and they're still rerouting drivers today. I sure hope the roads are clear tomorrow!
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-22, 06:48 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi guys. I was gonna go to Burn tonight for UB, but with Omicron I think I will stay away a few weeks. Sigh…so I will rest today. Ran my an hour on the treadmill yesterday.

Jbliff I heard about that traffic snarl where people were stranded for many hours on I-95. That must have been awful, especially when people ran out of gas. What a mess. I had heard that the snow accumulated so quickly that it would be difficult to plow. Now that just sucks that the company hired to clear driveways did a poor job. Gosh. Thank goodness for people like your husband who help out. I know Virginia doesn’t get as much snow as some places but they are kinda known for their occasional big snow storms.

Cher sorry to hear about Joseph. Digestive problems can be hard to figure out so it’s good that you got him in to see his Primary Care doctor soon too. A week’s wait does not seem too long.

Vannie hope you are doing ok. How is the Yoga Sadhana coming along?

Hi Gibbee. How are your daughter and son in law doing?
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-22, 07:01 AM  
Cher

Workout yesterday was Jenny Ford Step Across America Oregon. Then had to go grocery shopping. Then finally had a chance to make Joseph his birthday dinner last night.

Ugh, I’m starting to feel really anxious worrying about what could be wrong with Joseph. You know me with my mind about cancer. I keep worrying that it is something like that.

JBliff - Hopefully you won’t have a problem getting to your doctor’s office today.
Old 01-06-22, 02:24 PM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was PHA3 + Extended Stretch.

Cher
- I know it's hard not to worry. I'm the worst at it too. Hopefully it is nothing major. My BIL has IBS and he has stomach pains if he eats the wrong things. No problem getting to the doctor's today but we ran into a lot of traffic coming back.

Karjoy - My niece who just visited us from Florida told us a couple of days ago she tested positive for COVID. My other niece who went to Tanzania for Christmas vacation has just tested positive too (she lives in France). They've both been vaccinated. Omicron is everywhere now. People in my neighborhood keep going to restaurants for dinner, or sometimes just for drinks. I just totally freaks me out how cavalier they are about being exposed. I keep having to turn down invites to go out.

Waves to all. Have a good day.
Old 01-06-22, 09:30 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

I ran 6 miles outdoors after work. It stays light a little later now so I am not totally in the dark till the end. I run on a busy highway and I carry Mace.

Ya’ll a terrible thing happened at the halfway turn around point of my run. It happened maybe 1/10 of a mile from where I was. Apparently there was a road rage incident and after the incident the guys pulled over into a convenience store and one person shot and killed the other. It probably happened 20 minutes before
I got to that point. I did see and hear an ambulance with full lights and sirens go by. Gosh people are just insane.

Cher I know it’s hard not to worry about Joseph. Luckily cancer is rare in someone his age. Hugs!

Jbliff most people here in FL live in a fantasy world about COvID till they get sick. Will you get more snow in next few days?

Night all.
Old 01-07-22, 08:04 AM  
Cher

Workout yesterday was Cathe Basic Step warm-up, then Lower Body Add-on, the a short Jessica Smith Stretch from one of her stretch DVDs.

Thanks to you both for the positive comments about my worrying about DS. It does help a bit.

JBliff - Glad you were able to make it your doctor’s appointment. What a bummer about your nieces. I know more and more people here who are testing positive and have been vaccinated.

Karen - Wow, that is horrible about the shooting. Probably a good thing you weren’t a little earlier for your run.
Old 01-07-22, 03:24 PM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was MMA Boxing + 15 minutes of yoga.

Karjoy - How awful about the road rage incident. It is sad that people who can't control themselves go around with lethal weapons. We were supposed to get up to 4 inches of snow last night but we got just a dusting, thank goodness. I think north and west of us got more.

Cher - Glad you're feeling better.

Waves to everyone. Have a good day.
Old 01-07-22, 08:29 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi all. Resting today for our long run in am. 12-13 miles. It will be pretty cold tonight at 38 degrees but you get warm pretty fast.

Had something intersting happen. I did a telemedicine visit with a patient yesterday who said she had been sick since November. Mainly chronic nasal congestion and drainage. But she tested + for COvID. I have no idea if this is just a recent infection on top of chronic sinus issues. We are pretty much testing everyone with even a sniffle. I’m pretty tired of COvID but I guess the virus is not tired of us.

Jbliff my friend in Lovettsville, Va, got about 6 inches of snow. She sent me pics and it was very pretty. Still all white and clean.

Cher glad you are feeling a bit better. Support does help especially with worrying.

Hi Vannie and Gibbee.

We have friends who live in Boston and they just had a big snowstorm. Stay warm all!
Old 01-08-22, 08:07 AM  
Cher

No workout yesterday. I got a new phone and started getting that setup and never ended up doing a workout.

Karen - That story about your patient that tested positive since November sounds a bit like my SIL she had a cold in October and was still sick in mid November, then tested positive for Covid. We have no idea if it was Covid all along or not.

JBliff - Not much snow here lately but it has been pretty cold with an even colder front heading this way from Canada.