Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-03-21, 11:51 AM  
Venus

My October 2021 Rotation

I wanted to start a new rotation this month, but I couldn't decide what to do. I finally settled on this rotation:

Mon - Aero/Tone
Tue - Cardio + Pilates
Wed - Aero/Tone
Thu - Cardio + Pilates
Fri - Aero/Tone
Sat - CHOICE of Restorative or Challenge
Sun - CHOICE of Restorative or Challenge

*For Saturday and Sunday, at least one day will be a rest day. So it'll be either one rest day and one challenge day or two rest days (but still with some movement/activity, most likely yoga).

I'm also following the Yoga with Adriene calendar for October. I think I will really enjoy the practices chosen this month. I did several months of Yoga with Adriene at the start of the year with great results, but fell out of practice. I've been craving yoga and getting back to a regular practice. It's only been a couple days, but I've felt pretty great afterwards. I'm glad the month is starting out with meditations, too. The longer practices are on the weekends so, if I'm very tired, I may choose to do just yoga for the weekend.

On Friday, I did Kathy Smith's Fast Fit 10 Minute Miracle followed by yoga and meditation. Saturday was supposed to be a restorative day, so I did Callanetics Basics then yoga and meditation. I got pretty sweaty, though, so it ended up being more of a challenge day. Both those workouts were checked out from the library. I'd done the Callanetics before and thought it was too easy. This time I really focused on form and felt I got a good workout, especially followed by the abs yoga practice.

Originally, the rotation was going to be:

Monday - The Firm
Tuesday - Walking + Pilates
Wednesday - The Firm
Thursday - Walking + Pilates
Friday - The Firm
Saturday - CHOICE of Restorative or Challenge
Sunday - CHOICE of Restorative or Challenge

However, I was following the September 20 Days/20 Instructors check-in and want to do some of my virgin and/or dust bunny workouts after I get through my library checkouts. I had considered other rotations (I'll list them below in case anyone is curious), but I've been feeling quite tired as well as having a bit of back pain. For the coming week, I've pulled out a few senior workouts for the aero/tone days and Body Groove for cardio. I chose a 20 minute pilates workout for Tuesday, too, and will repeat it Thursday if I like it. I also want to do at least one lower body day, which will either be done on an aero/tone day or on the weekend for a challenge day. I'll be able to do Firm workouts, too, if I want to.

Did anyone else start a new rotation this month or recently? Please share if you have!
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-21, 11:57 AM  
Venus

I was kind of all over the place and wanting to fit everything in this month/season, but also not feeling very motivated. I've gathered a lot of inspiration on VF lately for rotations. I've also been reading old threads, mostly on lower body/butt/leg workouts. I'll list a few rotations I considered for this month; I may want to try these later.

Margaret Richard Rotation
Mon - Margaret Richard
Tue - Walking + Pilates
Wed - Margaret Richard
Thu - Walking + Pilates
Fri - Margaret Richard
Sat - Walking + Pilates
Sun - Restorative
*I think three days of pilates may be too much. For my October rotation, I decided on Tuesday and Thursday for pilates. I think I may end up doing at least one week of this rotation, though, as it will fit into my current rotation.

Barre Rotation
Mon - Strength
Tue - Barre/Fusion
Wed - Walking/Cardio
Thu - Strength
Fri - Barre/Fusion
Sat - Walking/Cardio
Sun - Restorative
*Strength days were for total body weights or a split. The barre/fusion days were Barre3, Exhale Core Fusion, Ballet Beautiful, or Suzanne Bowen. Walking or Body Groove for cardio.

A Little of Everything Rotation
Mon - Upper Body Weights
Tue - Cardio
Wed - Metabolic
Thu - Barre/Fusion
Fri - Lower Body Weights
Sat - Pilates or Yoga
Sun - Restorative
*This one got cut because I wanted more cardio days.

Tracy Anderson Rotation
Mon - Kickbox
Tue - TA Mat
Wed - Weights
Thu - TA Post Pregnancy
Fri - Kettlebells
Sat - Restorative/Light day
Sun - Weights
*It's been a long time since I've done the mat workout and the post pregnancy may be a virgin (I don't remember doing it). I like this rotation, but it also didn't have enough cardio days.

As I mentioned above, I had considered a program like Body Revolution, P90X, and Brazil Butt Lift. I also wanted to try calisthenics and lower body floorwork; I may add those in here or there if possible. Honestly, it probably won't happen this month. With the way I've been feeling, it'd be better to do a back pain workout or a yoga stretch instead.
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-21, 06:59 PM  
donnamp

Thanks for sharing - all of those rotations look great!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rotation, rotation ideas, yoga