Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-18, 07:28 PM  
Sunrise
VF Supporter

Who is your "Go-to" instructor?

I've taken a very long hiatus from video/DVD workouts and am just now getting back into them.

I was a huge FIRM fan (pre-Goodtimes), I loved the Classics, Firm Strength and Cardio are my most used workouts of all time.

Cathe, I have most of her workouts up and including the Hardcore series. I bought her latest offering, the FitSplit Series and haven't done a single one, I previewed them and was not impressed, when did she start hiring fitness pros and stop working out with Cedie, Brenda and Lorraine?? She did not look like she was having any fun at all!

I've recently re-discovered Michelle Dozois and have snapped up all of her workouts that I didn't have during Mary's sale.

Is there anyone out there that isn't Cathe or the FIRM that you love and consistently reach for? I'd like to branch out and I've been out of the loop for a long time.
Sunrise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-18, 07:56 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Welcome back!

Seems like the newer Tracie Long offerings are pretty popular and might be something you like. A lot of people like Linda Wooldridge, but for whatever reason she is not really my cup of tea. For the current sale I ordered Colleen Ketchum Beyond Barre Fit and Ilyse Baker Your Sexy Everything -- awful title, and she seems like mostly a dancer, but this one looks fairly athletic. Might be somewhat like Michelle Dozois, but probably easier.
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-18, 08:12 PM  
cecififi

cathe is my go to person. i really like fit splits. I love the weight work as it moves quickly giving little rest.
cecififi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-18, 08:20 PM  
bubbles76

When I'm not doing Cathe or the Firm, I am hanging out with Amy Bento, Christi Taylor, and Amy Dixon. I also like the CIAs for cardio.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-18, 08:26 PM  
Leonana

I'm low intermediate, and Jessica Smith is my go to.
Old 03-24-18, 08:44 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Other than The Firm - Ellen Barrett. I love the flowy, stretchy movements. I’m really focused on moving these days, basically after reading Miranda Esmonde-White’s two books.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-18, 09:03 PM  
MathTeacher

The Firm is my first choice. After that Leslie Sansone, Burr Leonard and Jessica Smith.
Old 03-24-18, 09:45 PM  
susan p
VF Supporter

Leslie. And Jenny Ford.
susan p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-18, 11:55 PM  
Sophia

I love The Firm, anything before the pink workouts, really. My go to instructors other than the Firm are (in no particular order) Kelly Coffey-Meyer, Jari Love, Amy Dixon and Jillian Michaels.
Sophia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-18, 12:42 AM  
DCW

Welcome back!

I discovered Essentrics/Classical Stretch. This is the back bone of my exercising. No matter how busy my day, I can find 22 minutes to do an episode.

I also do other of their workouts that are longer.

You can find a sampling of the workouts on the website or on YouTube.
DCW is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
favorite instructors, instructor, instructor preferences, instructors