Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-16, 12:04 AM  
casey

So funny, I've been doing Strong Stride a couple times a week, along with Ballet Body with Leah Sarago downloads. I also run but not far, only 2-4 miles 3-4 times a week. Strong Stride is a gem of a workout IMO. The music is terrible and the participants don't look happy but I love it. It also doesn't seem to move easily in between workout choices in the menu screen. The two body weight workouts are excellent and have definitely visibly firmed up my entire body. The legwork on both workouts are stellar, and so are all the other segments.i usually think ab work on my back is a waste of time but I feel it in this workout. The plank work is great. She works all of your legs, all sides.

I also absolutely love BB downloads with Leah Sarago. To me, they are light years better than her DVDs. The segments are short and you can just do one after another activity or alone if you're short on time. You can also design your own workout with several of them. I consider them one of my best ever fitness purchases and I hesitated at first. She focuses not just on contraction but on extension of the muscle. This not only does amazing things for my shape but it feels absolutely perfect for my 53 yo body. Nothing feels like it hurt me in my joints or spine. It feels "right" :-)
HTH Casey
casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-16, 02:10 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

is strong stride only available within the set?

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-16, 12:42 PM  
smilesolovely

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post
Glad you love this one! It is on my wish list, but I'm hopefully waiting it will sell at amazon.ca anytime soon. I did his Bootcamp Elite Spot Training Lower Body yesterday, and I really enjoyed, but it is 27 min. long and the floor work at the end is very short, still a great little workout.
It is definitely worth it! Check out his website. A lot of his workouts are on sale.
Old 11-14-16, 03:16 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
It's an individual DVD. Mary has it.

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-16, 04:24 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
Strong Stride is a single DVD, you can check it at TotalFitnessDVDs.

PS: Ooops just saw Karen's reply.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-16, 04:26 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilesolovely View Post
It is definitely worth it! Check out his website. A lot of his workouts are on sale.
I did check it out! But, I'd have to add exchange rates and high shipping costs, so I'll wait a bit to see if I can buy it locally.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-16, 07:18 AM  
desie

I have Strong Strides. I liked the exercises and wanted to commit to them, but something about it is not fun. Maybe it is too hard, and that's why I don't like it. But it might be the presentation style is not infused with energy, and I don't feel involved or required by the instructor to continue. Also, the menu selections were so confusing on the dvd, that I had to write out exactly what each segment was, and keep it taped to the envelope. I am tempted to pull it out again, though, and see if I have the same reaction. I have been doing TA for years now, so perhaps my boredom threshold is much higher.
desie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
floorwork, knee, knee friendly, lower body workouts, lunge-free, no lunges, no squats, squat-free, strong stride