Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-03-15, 02:18 PM  
CoolGirlinFl888

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorajc View Post
A professional modifier doesn't have to be overweight........people modify workouts for other reasons, injury that is permanenent comes to mind, like herniated discs, one of the things you are supposed to do for those to stay healthy is workout, but of course modified.
Amen to this!!! Wow!
Also I have found not all heavy people want to lose weight! There is a cashier near where I live and she grocery shops at the store where she works and we have had many conversations and she told me straight up that she likes her self and her weight is fine because she loves to eat whatever she wants. I have seen people go after others because of their weight, trying to encourage them to lose but some people just want to stay how they are. I have no idea who Kat or Kate is that you all are speaking of but I just wanted to high five the poster about the modifier and size.
CoolGirlinFl888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-15, 02:20 PM  
CoolGirlinFl888

Quote:
Originally Posted by charm View Post
https://www.youtube.com/channel/ucpd...j9zzi6_z46ip1a

it looks like she's trying, sue. She posted about starting her second round two months ago. I tried to watch a few, but she says "amazing" too much. I hate that word. It has to go. Haha
lol!!!!
Old 09-03-15, 02:59 PM  
hedygs
VF Supporter

Whoa! It was just a question not a comment. You guys need to lighten up.
hedygs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-15, 03:43 PM  
CoolGirlinFl888

I hope that comment wasn't directed at me. One of the things that actually annoy me about some videos are the modifiers are almost always heavier. I never understood that. I was a tiny six 6 doing low impact because I just didn't feel like jumping around on that day. Another time I was taking it easy because I was just tired on that day from being up too late at night. Someone else on here wrote the same thing. Why must all modifiers be heavy set? I have gotten over it but sometimes I still roll my eyes at it.

Also about the lady not wanting to lose weight, (the cashier) I was talking to her about it. She is very very heavy, whereas it interrupts her regular flow of walking. She said she likes to eat whatever and how much she wants. That actual was a shock to me because when I was over 300 lbs I certainly sought help which was when I starting working out at home to videos and never looked back! Once I realized that some people like being bigger I left it alone. I guess because I wanted to be smaller when I was bigger, I assumed everyone did. My mistake. I was agreeing with what the poster said about the modifier.
Old 09-03-15, 06:41 PM  
Tinks

I could care less if a modifier is overweight. My problem is that most DVD workout instructors think low impact = beginner. This makes it hard to find anything intermediate and beyond that is also low impact.
Tinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-15, 08:05 AM  
Anny

Is she the same Kat from Leslie's Walk Away the Pounds for Abs? She looks familiar!
Old 09-10-15, 10:14 AM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anny View Post
Is she the same Kat from Leslie's Walk Away the Pounds for Abs? She looks familiar!
Yes.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
21 day fix, 21df, herniated disc, kat napolitano