Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-13-13, 11:17 AM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sollamyn View Post
Unfortunately , after reading this thread, I've come to the conclusion that I really need this set. I've been doing Weight Watchers for the past several weeks and have finally lost a few pounds (about 12, actually, so far), but I haven't noticed a big change in my body composition because I've been more focused on diet than exercise lately. My pants and belts are starting to feel too big, but that's about it. Plus, I'm 54 and have some joint issues that aren't really too bad but I do have to be careful. That being said, does anyone know if the foam roller that came with Karen Voight's Sleek Essentials will work with this set? (I've already ordered, btw, so don't you dare try to talk me out of it! )

Donna
Congratulations on your weight loss. Once you start adding muscle work, you may find some scale fluctuation due to water retention in the muscles. I gain as much as 4 lbs on the day after a challenging weight workout. You also may want to watch how your hunger levels change. You can probably eat a bit more, but don't go crazy. I do think adding in exercise is a good idea, but it often does increase your appetite. You've been successful so far, so just be careful.
Old 12-13-13, 04:46 PM  
Sophie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alta-tude View Post
No ATG squats for me, thanks! I'd be modifying any other moves that are not nice for my body. I have some injuries to work around.
Alta, specifically for you, I'd be very careful about the pushups and some of the explosive things, if you're still feeling the elbow tendinitis. I'm not saying it isn't possible, just agreeing wholeheartedly about the wisdom of modifying. Any chance of showing your PT the program and getting their input?

be as relaxed as you can be, as you do what you gotta do.

~erich schiffman
Sophie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-13, 05:17 PM  
Sollamyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane P. View Post
Congratulations on your weight loss. Once you start adding muscle work, you may find some scale fluctuation due to water retention in the muscles. I gain as much as 4 lbs on the day after a challenging weight workout. You also may want to watch how your hunger levels change. You can probably eat a bit more, but don't go crazy. I do think adding in exercise is a good idea, but it often does increase your appetite. You've been successful so far, so just be careful.
Thanks, Jane. I'll keep that in mind. I won't be lifting very heavy weights, so I hope I'll be fine. Plus, I'm not obsessed with scale numbers, but more about how I look in the mirror. I would like to see a little muscle! As long as I stick to my nutrition plan, some temporary water retention shouldn't freak me out too much, either. I know it will go away eventually.

Donna
Old 12-14-13, 10:04 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophie View Post
Alta, specifically for you, I'd be very careful about the pushups and some of the explosive things, if you're still feeling the elbow tendinitis. I'm not saying it isn't possible, just agreeing wholeheartedly about the wisdom of modifying. Any chance of showing your PT the program and getting their input?
Yeah, I modify a lot now. Even after almost ten weeks of physical therapy, my arm is still not anywhere near 100%. So much for the miracle of ASTYM treatments. (rolleyes)

Theoretically, I should be able to do most exercises. The PT just said to go light for a while and don't do anything that causes pain. (Duh!)
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-13, 08:34 PM  
LoriSax

I just got this a week ago, and have done 3 workouts. It really doesn't float my boat much. I PAID $47 I think for it. If anyone wants to pay me $40, including shipping, I will mail this to you as soon as I receive payment!!
Lori
LoriSax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-13, 08:35 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Lori, I really didn't click with Phase 1. I liked phases 2 & 3 much better, if you feel any inclination to stick with it!
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-13, 09:22 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriSax View Post
I just got this a week ago, and have done 3 workouts. It really doesn't float my boat much. I PAID $47 I think for it. If anyone wants to pay me $40, including shipping, I will mail this to you as soon as I receive payment!!
Lori
Selling videos isn't allowed on VF, but you can post them on the exchange.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-13, 11:31 AM  
jerebo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane P. View Post
I'd go ahead and give them a call if you can find a number on their website. This time of year, all kinds of things can happen to packages.
I decided to give it one more day, and the package showed up yesterday! I want to get started right away, but we're traveling all next week, so maybe I'll start after New Years.
Old 12-15-13, 11:34 AM  
jerebo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alta-tude View Post
Yeah, I modify a lot now. Even after almost ten weeks of physical therapy, my arm is still not anywhere near 100%. So much for the miracle of ASTYM treatments. (rolleyes)

Theoretically, I should be able to do most exercises. The PT just said to go light for a while and don't do anything that causes pain. (Duh!)
Alta, interesting about ASTYM. I had a similar instrument-assisted manipulation technique (Graston) during my first session of PT. Just like for ASTYM, they claim that Graston works miracles. It was excruciatingly painful. But haven't tried it long enough to see any effects. They're working on my elbow--and both achilles tendons.

Tags
d2s, drop 2 sizes, foam rolling, rachel cosgrove, ramp warm-up, warm ups, warm-up