Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-13, 10:58 PM  
violingal3

Strong Stride DVDs

I'm a very athletic/simple person who is always trying to branch out of my comfort zone to barre, yoga, Pilates, fusion style workouts etc...to see if some new way of working out sticks for me. I got more into yoga the past year after several attempts, and now finally some Pilates is catching on for me.

I've always wanted to try Lisa Watson's Strong Stride workout and I have no idea what took me so long!!!! The weight training workouts are plain and simple, no complaints there. But the first two "mat work" programs are what I've been searching for!!!!!!!!! A lot of Pilates inspiration, but to me it's simple, athletic, HARD - just a little bit of everything to cover your entire lower body, abs, core, and back to make for an awesome mat workout. Fantastic, I love it!!!!

I always feel so bulky and not very graceful, so I think if I can incorporate each mat workout once a week, it will be the perfect compliment to all of my KBs, weights and running!

While I was at it, I bought the Strong Stride Cardio workout. Honestly, I kicked myself after I ordered it and didn't expect much when I planned it for my workout the other day. Between all the crazy intensity of ZCuts and Insanity, this looked kind of easy/boring. But this workout was awesome, too! Lisa maintains a controlled pace, only does ten reps of each exercise, and gives you a good two minutes of rest between sets. But don't let that fool you. It was no walk in the park and I was sweating like crazy. And I had some nice DOMs to remind me that this was a workout worth keeping.

Thumbs up for these DVDs, I haven't been this happy about a DVD purchase in a long time! These would be a fantastic travel workouts, too.
violingal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-13, 01:43 PM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

Thank you for your posting your feedback. I ordered Strong Stride in my search for something to complement running and it sounds like it'll be just right. I tend to either overdo or underdo my workouts and then the runs are killer!

DISCLOSURE: I have professional relationships with several producers of fitness videos and related products; please see my profile for details.
Pratima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-13, 01:45 PM  
kariev34

Thank you for this post! Like you, I'm an advanced exerciser but I'm looking to get into more fusion, Pilates, yoga workouts. Mentally it's hard for me to do these types of workouts since my brain is conditioned that I have to do an intense circuit for a good workout. But I'm burning out from circuits so these may be my next set of purchases. Thank you for suggesting them.
kariev34 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lisa watson, strong stride