Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-26-09, 02:36 PM  
lovemykid

Curious621, I have been doing ALOT of Leslie lately for the exact same reason - she puts me in a great mood. I just love her personality. I can't wait to get my hands on Big Burn and 5K with a Twist.
Lisa
lovemykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-09, 03:10 PM  
donnamp

Continuing after 10 days

Hi,

I'll be continuing w/ Leslie and walking after the 10 days are up - Leslie and walking are my main forms of cardio at the moment - due, in part to trying to rehab my back. I'll likely do a little less in terms of frequency once I finish up the 10 days, and try to add in more strength training which has been kind of tricky for me in terms of finding something that helps and doesn't hurt. I have Fitness Fix Intermediate from a trade and plan to start incorporating that, as well as my usual Leslie, walking and Pilates.

Leslie is great b/c I feel good after I'm done, not too tired to go on with my day! It is also good if you get interrupted while working out - as sometimes happens to me w/ my 5 year old and my dog!

Take care,

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-09, 06:51 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp
My only gripe about my workout today is I feel that Leslie slows the pace too quickly in this one - I would have preferred if she kept it going until mid-way through the 4th mile (as opposed to barely into the 3rd!) , but it was nice to see different scenery!
i agree. whereas the recent 5-day fat burning workout, she gets right down to business. it makes me wonder how they actually measured the miles in the old days vs. the new. the one i did yesterday claimed to have 4 miles - but it ended at 40 min, incl the stretch! i wonder if she figured that the toning equated to an extra mile of walking...i dunno.

i'm glad this check-in was started because you get to really compare these nuances.

btw, at first, i thought the same about the mondrian fat burning 4-mile (that it might be too slowish like the 4 WATP exp). but she revs it up after the warm up, considering this is an "oldie." i think to really make it a 4-mile, skip back and do 1 more segment (this one is chaptered - a rarity for those days!). i also noticed there's more arm movement variety.

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp
P.s. Jeannine, it is good to hear about these other Leslies! I have that one - picked it up at Ross for cheap but never did it!
i wish ross would re-stock the old leslies for the people that need to complete their collection!

today it was day 10 and i did 4 RBM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by curious621
Hmmm-Leslie, Turbo Jam, Results, I don't know what to do next!
i'm going to do a week of barre, light toning, and short leslies to keep my mileage up - i'm in the pedometer check-in. i'm kinda psyching myself up for a CLX rotation in april!

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-09, 11:19 AM  
donnamp

Day 6

Hi,

My Day # 6 was a 5 mile walk on the treadmill and some stretching. I haven't decided if I'll do 10 straight days or take my usual rest day tomorrow - time will tell. If I do go straight through, tomorrow will be a 3 mile Leslie. Thinking of doing the "pink" one w/ Mary Kay's fast mile (that is one of my favorite miles!)

Take care,

Donna
Old 03-28-09, 05:10 PM  
ilovemybirds

I'm back to doing the challenge again! I decided that this time, I'm going to do my Sexy in 6 rotation but add short Leslie workouts most days a week (so I'm basically copying Joanna). Today was A Closer 2 mile walk plus two of the upper body segments and one abs section from Sexy in 6. I also tried the yoga section off of Karen Voght's Strong and Streamlined dvd just for fun, and I liked it!
ilovemybirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-09, 03:45 PM  
donnamp

Day # 7

Hi,

I did take a rest/sleep in day on Saturday, so today was my Day # 7 - did the pink 3 miler - (Power WalK??) It is the one w/ Vance and the Mary Kay mile. I love the Mary Kay Mile.

I added on Pilates w/ Ana Caban using the "S" shaped weights - did the whole DVD except for a few exercises which bothered my finicky back. The "S" shaped weights also worked nicely in Leslie's workout, too!

Tomorrow the plan is 4 miles on the TM and whatever else I have time to add on.

oh - does anyone have Petra's Cardio for Beginners? I looked at the clip and it looks like a fun alternative to Leslie for low impact. Does anyone know if it is truly "beginner" level though? I'd like something intermediate or something that I could at least bump up to intermediate.

Take care,

Donna

Tags
challenges, heavyhands, leslie sansone